Jigsaw9

cali≠gari

9 hours ago, anakuro said:
  • Making fun of Shuuji for constantly reading the lyrics from a prompter "ishii prompter shuuji" is what he ended up being called

caught on DVD when couldn't remember the lyrics and desperately looking for the tele-prompter! (3:30 mark)

• Ao making fun of himself and his skill level in comparison. Also, how he doesnt remember what he's supposed to do for any of the solos so he's just going JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL basically when he plays them

Should be referencing "この雨に撃たれて" in that live. Shuuji's vocals came in at a abrupt timing too but the entire band manage to run the song to its end with no other hiccups.

• "Right... right there that's when i stopped playing during overnight hiking. OH I NEED TO GO GRAB MY DR. PEPPER" because of course Ao had one prepared for viewing tonight

He reiterated his love for Dr Pepper again last night:

8 hours ago, anakuro said:

I've only seen cali gari once & it was the live that the FC dvd that's coming out soon was from lol

You saw XA-VAT in that live too! Cool!

Oh and the band just announced a new youtube channel for some reason:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_j4djbeG0ezqmJzuP6w2Q

Maybe its for further live streams.....?

Edited by sads123

lol i love that ishii prompter shuuji has been a thing for years then

18 minutes ago, sads123 said:

Should be referencing "この雨に撃たれて" in that live. Shuuji's vocals came in at a abrupt timing too but the entire band manage to run the song to its end with no other hiccups.

basically any song that had a guitar solo Ao was calling himself 必死 lol I believe it was either ハイカラ or midnight! (or a song somewhere around there, it wasn't very far in) that Ao said "I know the solo up until this part but then I completely forgot what it was so I figured as long as I play it's ok." I think it was overnight hiking when he was like doing air guitar and Shuuji & Kenjiro were carrying on without him that he was going on about how "VK guitarists are usually so good and then THERE'S ME and look at them they don't even need me they're just carrying on without me lmao" I could be remembering wrong when exactly he brought it up because I mean it was a long live and I didn't exactly take notes on what Ao was saying this is all just from memory 😂

I honestly only listened to the recorded version of この雨に撃たれて for the first time after that live so I wouldn't know what was messed up but that must have been the point where Ao said that Shuuji forgot the lyrics

28 minutes ago, sads123 said:

He reiterated his love for Dr Pepper again last night:

Lol yeah that was the Dr. Pepper he had prepared to drink during the commentary stream for Overnight Hiking specifically😂 He likes root beer too (dr. pepper & root beer are very polarizing in Japan) and other types of food that people often hate "like parsley and celery i love them" 

You saw XA-VAT in that live too! Cool!

Oh and the band just announced a new youtube channel for some reason:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_j4djbeG0ezqmJzuP6w2Q

Maybe its for further live streams.....?

Yeah, I went to that live because XA-VAT was playing too! I don't think I would have gone if it was just cali gari because I was of the mindset "oh i can see cali gari anytime" which, I mean, I wasn't wrong but also I haven't gotten around to seeing cali gari again... so moot point. I've seen SPEECIES more than I've seen cali gari or XA-VAT at this point.

I'm also curious what the youtube channel will bring. It's not like they were particularly clear on what they mean by "cali gari related content"🤔

Perhaps the next stream will be on youtube since e+ had so many problems🤔🤔 

38 minutes ago, anakuro said:

basically any song that had a guitar solo Ao was calling himself 必死 lol I believe it was either ハイカラ or midnight! (or a song somewhere around there, it wasn't very far in) that Ao said "I know the solo up until this part but then I completely forgot what it was so I figured as long as I play it's ok." I think it was overnight hiking when he was like doing air guitar and Shuuji & Kenjiro were carrying on without him that he was going on about how "VK guitarists are usually so good and then THERE'S ME and look at them they don't even need me they're just carrying on without me lmao"

Yeah, Ao's guitar skills has been a running joke for years but his song writing skills are godly (to me) so he gets a pass. Then comes the question of why is he writing songs that he himself cannot play....

I wonder why he bothers to air guitar as well, especially when there are NO guitar sounds in that entire song (see '電気睡蓮' from '従' DVD" and '混沌の猿' from the gazillion DVDs released)

39 minutes ago, anakuro said:

Yeah, I went to that live because XA-VAT was playing too! I don't think I would have gone if it was just cali gari because I was of the mindset "oh i can see cali gari anytime" which, I mean, I wasn't wrong but also I haven't gotten around to seeing cali gari again... so moot point. I've seen SPEECIES more than I've seen cali gari or XA-VAT at this point.

<XA-VAT  setlist from that gig>
SE)legs / The Art of Noise(Mr.マリックの登場曲)
BLACK RUNWAY OF DEVILS
E-Z
Mecca
EPOC TRACE
VAT-DANCE
ZEROTICA
VIDEO GAYTION

ZEROTICA is GODLY and maybe its so good that everything afterwards pales in comparison for me. Oh well, they are still a great band to watch live though how much is 'live' and how much is 'play acting' up in the air heh.

42 minutes ago, anakuro said:

Perhaps the next stream will be on youtube since e+ had so many problems🤔🤔 

The streaming issues might come from the guys on the ground and not e+; this can't be the 1st time e+ is doing live streaming and its platform should have ironed out any teething issues by now. And youtube doesn't have a ticketing system and I doubt a small band like cali gari (yes, i said it, as much as I love them to bits) could afford to play free gigs, esp when shuuji loves money and has goatbed to get those moolah with his time XDDDDD

lolll yeah Ao gets a pass in my book too I don't care as long as the songs are good.......😂 
I thought for "混沌の猿" he just goes around throwing bananas or is that not the normal shtick for it??? I honestly don't own any of the DVDs and have only seen what's on youtube, and that one time I saw them. Actually that reminds me, he brought up how he would have to have the bananas individually wrapped now and "I can't throw them, I'd have to gently hand them" thanks COVID😂 😂 

I think at least part of the streaming issues were server issues🤔 There's the possibility that chop had a weak connection, but that shouldn't affect the archive and the archive kept stopping for Ao and other viewers last night...
It's so funny to me that cali gari is considered a small band. I mean, even Ao brought up they were too small to do all seated venues--the subject brought up because COVID and basically "well we're all old right". Of course, I get it, but considering the level of VK I went to back in the day & considering the lives that I go to now where there's like 10~30 fans and the rest of the audience is the other bands, cali gari is huge in my eyes😂😂😂
A lot of tiny bands are doing or have done free streams (artistic public, rimcat off the top of my head), but fair point. I can't imagine cali gari doing a streamed live without some way of making money off of it. Guess we'll just have to wait and see then.

22 minutes ago, anakuro said:

I thought for "混沌の猿" he just goes around throwing bananas or is that not the normal shtick for it???

Ao used to air guitar abit before he goes get the bananas. Nowadays, once the song starts, he goes straight to the backstage for the bananas 😆

23 minutes ago, anakuro said:

There's the possibility that chop had a weak connection, but that shouldn't affect the archive and the archive kept stopping for Ao and other viewers last night...

The archive played silky smooth for me yesterday but I purposely watched it at 2am (Japan time) when there are as few users clogging up the server. No complaints from my friends when they watched it on Sun 11pm (after the streaming ended) as well.

26 minutes ago, anakuro said:

It's so funny to me that cali gari is considered a small band. I mean, even Ao brought up they were too small to do all seated venues--the subject brought up because COVID and basically "well we're all old right". Of course, I get it, but considering the level of VK I went to back in the day & considering the lives that I go to now where there's like 10~30 fans and the rest of the audience is the other bands, cali gari is huge in my eyes😂😂😂

I believe Ao brought up 'seated venue' cos of the new pending regulations for concerts where only concerts with seats are allowed. Kyo mentioned that sukekiyo might be able to resume lives since their lives are almost always seated and the audience were not allowed to cheer, clap or make any sounds during the entire gig (sukekiyo's shtick).  

Ao used to air guitar abit before he goes get the bananas. Nowadays, once the song starts, he goes straight to the backstage for the bananas 😆

lol i love that he's dropped the pretense now 

The archive played silky smooth for me yesterday but I purposely watched it at 2am (Japan time) when there are as few users clogging up the server. No complaints from my friends when they watched it on Sun 11pm (after the streaming ended) as well.

I mean I personally had no problem with the archive either, between playing it yesterday morning to record it for myself & watching last night to listen to Ao's commentary it ran quite nicely. But it stopped for Ao a few times & in the comments people were saying it was stopping for them. When it was live streamed it stopped a few times for me and some people seem to have had it a lot worse with it stopping all the time during the live. And, well, all of us were watching with our eyes half closed to ignore the sync issues lolll So it definitely wasn't a seamless experience in real time. 

The GOATBED stream the other day had absolutely no issues on the other hand, thankfully. Then again, it wasn't being live recorded which probably helped a lot and I doubt 700+ people were trying to access at the same time, unlike with the cali gari one...

So I mean it's possible they're considering options outside of e+, which is notorious for having server crashes every single time there's a high number of users accessing (ie ticket sales). 

I believe Ao brought up 'seated venue' cos of the new pending regulations for concerts where only concerts with seats are allowed. Kyo mentioned that sukekiyo might be able to resume lives since their lives are almost always seated and the audience were not allowed to cheer, clap or make any sounds during the entire gig (sukekiyo's shtick). 

Yeah, that was one of the reasons why they were discussing it. I live in Osaka, the center of the "oh no COVID spreading through live houses" debacle. 

The general conclusion that Ao came to was that it would probably be impossible anyway, unless tickets were seriously expensive just to cover the costs of the venue & staff, etc. and that's with playing on a weekday and the band getting 0 from it iirc  I'm all for a seated live tbh 

27 minutes ago, anakuro said:

Then again, it wasn't being live recorded which probably helped a lot and I doubt 700+ people were trying to access at the same time, unlike with the cali gari one...

Streaming issues with only 700+ people wtf....... come to think of it. e+ is a monopoly so there's no urgency to really fix the issue since the bands have no other platforms to run to. Then again, I don't really care if I'm watching the gig 'live' or not through a monitor. Interestingly, for the Alexandros live streaming on 20th Jun, ticket sales will  only stop on 27th Jun, also the last day that you can rewatch the concert. Yes, I'm a big fan of Alexandros; don't judge me!!!!

34 minutes ago, anakuro said:

The general conclusion that Ao came to was that it would probably be impossible anyway, unless tickets were seriously expensive just to cover the costs of the venue & staff, etc. and that's with playing on a weekday and the band getting 0 from it iirc  I'm all for a seated live tbh 

I hope cali gari will just postpone all outstanding gigs to next year cos the dates of their upcoming gigs (late Jul onwards) is too positive-looking. Just focus on releases and live streams. Plus I have tickets to some of those gigs and there's no way I can fly over now and I do not see any light in sight for Aug as well.  

I'm wondering how long the two-man gigs with deadman are gonna be delayed... considering the fact that the deadman revival is only supposed to function till autumn, lol (but of course the whole tour had to be postponed twice already).

In any case it would be cool if cali-gari would just decide to fuck it and stream for free, even just once, like basically 95% of the other (even much smaller) vk bands. I'd be even fine with a weekly stream of a previously released live DVD like how BUCK-TICK does it recently.

re: Ao playing "air guitar" - I'm still kinda weirded out how after the band came back from hiatus the playback shtick is more and more prevalent... Like I can sort of understand having a guitar backing track when the song calls for it (i.e. it has multiple totally different guitar tracks going on at the same time), but even with the more simplistic songs Ao seems to be slacking off these years... :-( Like that very loud backing track in -Tou- that's just the same as what Ao plays live, lol. Oh well...

Edited by Jigsaw9

Another paid live streaming gig will be happening on 30th Aug with other bands:

It'll be via twitcasting so I'm not sure if its available to purchase internationally. The ticket purchase link provided is not valid yet cos it will only be available tomorrow.

Eh, not sure I'll be paying for this since I'm not interested in the others....

Edit: Just realized that this particular gig is 5000yen whereas the other CRUSH live stream gig in Jul is 3600yen WTF

Edited by sads123

20 minutes ago, sads123 said:

Eh, not sure I'll be paying for this since I'm not interested in the others....

Same here... Each of the CRUSH OF MODE event venues have like one or maybe two bands I'm interested in, and the rest are mehh...

Cool that they're participating too! :) 

18 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Same here... Each of the CRUSH OF MODE event venues have like one or maybe two bands I'm interested in, and the rest are mehh...

Psssst...... There's one with deadman one week  before this but no news on whether it'll be streamed though.

And that price tag wtf

Edited by sads123

15 hours ago, anakuro said:

I wonder when they're going to announce details for the stream they said would happen on 7/7👀 

They announced the previous gig on twitter 4 days before the day of the gig; details should be revealed over the weekend 😩

I almost missed the deadline to buy it last time because it was so last minute 😫 hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Incidentally I bought up a good chunk of cali's discography recently from puresound & sadly blue film did not have the condom with it 😢 

5 minutes ago, anakuro said:

sadly blue film did not have the condom with it 😢 

Press F to pay respects :indie_wth:I wonder if it got lost or maybe... Someone used it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

sadly by seeing them live you won't get the ''let's just randomly pan over to a wall now'' ''ok now here's 7 minutes of my brother looking bored'' ''i'm real close to the screen now.... you can almost touch me'' experience...

You say that like I didn't buy a ticket for the twitcast today too just for that reason. too bad I won't see the comments as they're being written to know if he's lying about them again...😂 "the comments say my mc's super interesting, I'm great at talking, the mc is better than the songs even"

Edited by anakuro

Alright, details of the 7th Jul gig is out; again via eplus (sorry, rest of the world!):

They will also elaborate on the mysterious 「20年前のあの夏が蘇る!!!」that they had hinted at in the last live in a talk segment, where they will make other important announcements.

Based on the title, will they finally perform "エロトピア" again after years of ignoring it in favor of  "クロバカゴミゲロ" as the closer?

Find out this coming Tues!

Edited by sads123

Hell ye, gotta remember to buy my ticket👀

Wonder if it has anything to do with ao's statement about "we have 50 fc tickets wink wonk bet u can guess what it's for"

1 hour ago, anakuro said:

Wonder if it has anything to do with ao's statement about "we have 50 fc tickets wink wonk bet u can guess what it's for"

Did he say that? Can't find the tweet on that but going by Ao's previous online talk sessions, the higher priced tickets nets you the ability to ask him questions as well as merchandise sent to your home. 

Ao reminiscing "Blue Film" being released on 7th Jul 2000 so there might be some plans to celebrate it before CONVID happened, which resulted in this online gig instead. 

Edited by sads123

He mentioned it in the commentary from last stream, which he only kept up as long as the archive was up. I DL'd the commentary so I can check again, but I'm pretty sure my memory is correct that when talking about future plans etc he said 50 FC tickets were delivered to the office (not in relation to the 7/7 stream) but because of corona everything's up in the air & there might not be an announcement in the end. I'll also never claim to be ~fluent~ but Ao's not hard to understand, so I'm pretty confident I heard right.

I don't think there's a higher priced ticket for this particular stream either🤔 at least I only saw one option when buying mine.

18 minutes ago, anakuro said:

He mentioned it in the commentary from last stream, which he only kept up as long as the archive was up. I DL'd the commentary so I can check again, but I'm pretty sure my memory is correct that when talking about future plans etc he said 50 FC tickets were delivered to the office (not in relation to the 7/7 stream) but because of corona everything's up in the air & there might not be an announcement in the end. I'll also never claim to be ~fluent~ but Ao's not hard to understand, so I'm pretty confident I heard right.

I see! Well, the last time they pulled special tier FC tickets was for that (2nd to) last gig with Makoto, which nets you better seats as well as a DVD from a 2000 live:

http://www.missitsu.com/disco/climax.html

To my knowledge, they didn't pull any higher priced tier tickets since then.

One interesting tidbit was that during one of their gigs that was sold out (featuring cali gari, Lab the Basement, goatbed, MKG and erm, Makoto drawing) and fetched ridiculous prices in the 2nd hand market, the band set up a counter to refund the difference (as long as you are able to show proof) and apologized for it happening:  

https://natalie.mu/music/news/118881

How can you not love this band?

I hoped they did something similar when I overpaid in the 2nd hand market for that La' royque de zavy gig though 🤣

Lmao the photo in that article what a LEWK man😂

Yesterday @ goatbed for the background of discoma sometimes it would say HERNIATED DISC & shuuji was like "my back doesn't hurt today it's a gOOD DAY" did we just find to inspiration for the hernia bops👀