yomii

蘭図 (Rands)

the release is surprisingly good. i still don't like phalaenopsis, and the first half of the album seems so-so to me, but the latter half is very nice. we vkei fans rarely get that kind of music nowadays so whoever composed this made a smart move.

special thanks for intro and outro, for me piano is always a win. also mother is so good, it's my favorite from the album♥

Loving the sound of these guys, and anyone sporting Alice Auaa for that matter. 

Phalaenopsis for days.

Edited by Paraph

I wasn't on the Karma Stan Train so I came into listening to these guys with more or less an unbiased mind (I listened to my share of AvelCain back in the day but they didn't wow me, they were not bad but instantly forgettable for me). So yeah, for some reason it's taking me a bit of effort to get used to the vocals in this context but this is pretty cool shit.

I love the old-schoolish sound, almost like hearing some unreleased B-sides from "feminism"-era Kuroyume. I still have to listen to their mini album more to see where I stand, but for now I'm considerably enjoying it! Great start!

funny enough as much as i love the album, somehow the instrumental and outro were huge highlights for me, idk why and only my weeb brethren might feel the same way but i got some old school Type Moon visual novel vibes (specifically Tsukihime) from those 2 tracks, everything else in between is just awesomeness, though i think i could do with some more harsh vocals but how much we got is also a fine balance 

now it's official,i'm absolutely in love with this mini.

loved the characteristic 90's guitar tone,and the  riffs are familiar but yet pretty original.the hypnotic and effective bass lines,

the lonely/melancholic atmosphere...even Karma's whiny vocals fits perfectly with the tight and smooth production

the piano as first and last track gave it an elegant touch just like the album artwork,i enjoyed that.

seriously,i didn't expect it to be so accessible and catchy.

I'm not familiar with AvelCain or Karma, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the mini-album. As others have said, the piano instrumentals were great. So hauntingly melodic and beautiful. Really enjoying the guitar work in the songs as well. Will have to give this a few more listens to develop a more thorough opinion. Either way, love it!

Edited by monkeybanana4

Also coming from an unbiased opinion since I never paid attention to AvelCain or Karma, I'm really liking what Rands is doing. Their sound reminds me of Kuroyume. I liked the first half of the album more though and Phalaenopsis is by far my favorite song on it followed by Deep Inside. 

The mini is absolutely amazing, best kuroyume/lamiel/rouage worship I've heard in a while. Mother is my fav, dat slow burn....

Edited by emmny

Yeah this is really good. I think the production is more on point than other recent kotokei bands. That guitar tone and the bass is really great how they mix in and out of each other. Good start to 2019.

Edited by Tanishi

Good shit and stoked for future releases. Genuinely old school sound unlike most of these bands just playing nu-metal and deg songs in frilly clothes and hair. 

I think improvements could be made with some production choices/limitations and with Karma's performance, but considering that it's a band of nobodies with most likely zero budget in the dog eat dog host world of vk in 2019, it's fucking great and not for poseurs

On 1/12/2019 at 9:39 PM, Jigsaw9 said:

I love the old-schoolish sound, almost like hearing some unreleased B-sides from "feminism"-era Kuroyume.

Getting strong Kuroyume vibes as well, even the bass tone is quite similar. It's nice to hear a contemporary take on this particular sound, especially amongst all the corny Matina-inspired gothpunk revivalism that's been going on... Karma's voice kinda ruins some tracks for me which is a shame because instrumentally, they sound really promising - just listen to Lolita or 炎舞! These two tracks even make up for the unnecessary intro & outro.

I never really liked Avel Cain so I was pleasantly surprised by this mini. While it did not blow my mind, every song on it was enjoyable and I will definitely keep it around. I'll be paying attention to these guys.

couldnt believe it was Karma when i saw this pic of him,

he looks like another person.Now im curious to see how hes going to look like in the next MV

vD0k41lKUwAEYhN3.jpg

I saw them live last month and they really sounded like a Kuroyume cover band to me. Karma even reminded me of Kiyoharu because of the way he moved etc...

(cover art and merch designs are very Kiyoharu-ish too imo)

Not saying they were bad, but I'd much rather see Kiyoharu/Kuroyume live.

Edited by xLIZ4

"a certain state was determined for the first time since i've been watched

like the schrödinger's cat

in this era

with your eyes

i want you to watch rands

"filled, yet empty holy grail"

hope there are people who understand all of these better than i do .w.'