monkeybanana4

NAZARE first mini-album 荊海 BEYOND (Jingai BEYOND) release

1 hour ago, yomii said:

i see that two most popular young bands on the modern scene - kizu and dimlim - use really high notes in the vocal part,

ugh this is such a sad reminder that dexcore technically outperform both but no one cares about them on the kizu levels of stanning

OT i'm surprised that the new track almost sounds decent, if only they could get a better vocalist! oversanging falsetto queen sounds grating a.f.

1 minute ago, nekkichi said:

ugh this is such a sad reminder that dexcore technically outperform both but no one cares about them on the kizu levels of stanning

OT i'm surprised that the new track almost sounds decent, if only they could get a better vocalist! oversanging falsetto queen sounds grating a.f.

because dexcore sounds like tons of other western bands who probably do it better? although i think they are okay, i personally am here for more "visual kei" sound

The prodution is way better and I'm glad they didn't clutter the mix as they did on Jingai. The instrumentals are decent and I dig the atmospheric vibe of some parts but the composition is rather boring and I still think Mio sounds like absolute crap. His harsh vocals kinda sound weaker than on Jingai tbh but that might be the mix.

that was just a complete meal.

clean production,cool intro,awesome growls,bombastic chorus,great solo,an emotional video

but i gotta agree with @yomii . i feel like MIO is going too far with his clean singing

but the rest...god they are already miles away from some metal bands that have been on the road for more than a decade.

Edited by Manji 卍

5 hours ago, yomii said:

because dexcore sounds like tons of other western bands who probably do it better? although i think they are okay, i personally am here for more "visual kei" sound

Precisely this. 

I don't like that I don't really like this. I don't know what it is, it's just...missing something? Some of the riffs are weirdly out of key which I think I'd usually find sorta interesting, but it doesn't really work for me here because the melodies on top of them aren't strong enough to carry it. His harsh vocals don't sound too great, either.

All of that in mind, I do have to give them credit because the song is definitely interesting, just not really sitting right with me for some reason.

Everyone has different complaints about different bands,thats ok,but come on,this band is outstanding.Track 7 was unnecessary,but still an incredible preview.

can we just celebrate the goodness these guys bless us with? i STAN

6th track gothic vibes are everything!

7th track is so bad i bet it's composed by uta lol

btw so far we know 無慈悲な蒼空 is composed by issei and 3 songs are composed by mio, one of them is neglect

edit: メアリ and 寡黙と眠り翻弄 are made by uta, now i feel bad for questioning his skills w

Edited by yomii

Hey, the second song is from that demo Issei posted sometime ago when he was looking for bandmates for a new project! I suppose that's how he got into contact with Mio since vocalists were supposed to write lyrics and vocals for that song and sent to him? I still have the instrumental on my computer. 

It's hard to really have an impression based on such short samples (and the fact that they are from "disconnected" parts of the songs makes it even harder to have an idea). I agree that 7 sounds really bad but the rest is rather interesting, I'm interested to hear what they are up to. Glad that they were able to get a better mix this time. Tracks 4 and 6 sound really interesting.

Kinda worried about Mio's vocal delivery: while the harsh vocals on the album were actually pretty good and the cleans were somewhat passable despite being obnoxiously out of his comfortable range, now the harsh vocals are weaker (even though it might be because the mix is different from the album's) and his cleans are even more outside his range. I still believe he'll be able to pull out a Sho and become an absolute beast though

Edited by kuyashii