Kiryu999

キズ (Kizu) new single "平成" release

Next oneman shows :

- 2019.03.30 「天罰」 at Osaka Matsuhita IMP Hall

- 2019.04.07 「天誅」 at Tokyo International Forum C

- 2019.4.23 キズPremium Recital『平成ヒットパレード』 (with supper Keyboard) at Mt.RAINIER HALL SHIBUYA PLEASURE PLEASURE

hitparade_A.jpg

kizu-20190423.jpg

I honestly believe yt has a tendency of making lyric mvs sound crappier then regular pvs or previews for some reason 

I think they played this one on their live DVD? Cool to hear it properly recorded finally, good song.

edit: lmao okay, I just realized this was already released. Yeah, their songs kinda sound the same to me, still I dig 'em! :D 

Edited by Jigsaw9

now i get it how stupid it was to worry about the pv lol of course they would release it on the last day of heisei...i better do not doubt these fuckers for a single second from now on

i'll need to watch it some more times to understand what's going on in the video, so far i've seen elements from the two previous mvs, but there must be more i think

but, let aside conceptual stuff, this looks huge. these guys are fucking monsters. love them

Great video! Is the mix used for the MV a different one than the single mix? Sounds a tad different tbh. Really liked the use of acoustic guitar and the softer, moodier parts are really cool (even though the faster, more energetic parts felt a bit lacking IMO). Way better than the "Tokyo" song they did a Lyric video sometime ago.

Really cool idea to have those call-backs from their previous MVs(got the weird insect thingy from "Steroid" and the nooses from "0"). It's been a while since I watched the other MVs so I didn't really see what else is a call-back.

I can't stand the guitarist's knock-off Angus Young look, the production is terrible; but for a young band they have some good ideas even if all the songs are starting to blend together and sound rather similar.

I'm curious though, how many bands have we seen just like kizu who promptly fell off the face of the earth after bursting on the scene red hot? Countless. They show promise; but so didn't nearly every other band like them. 

38 minutes ago, geist said:

I can't stand the guitarist's knock-off Angus Young look, the production is terrible; but for a young band they have some good ideas even if all the songs are starting to blend together and sound rather similar.

I'm curious though, how many bands have we seen just like kizu who promptly fell off the face of the earth after bursting on the scene red hot? Countless. They show promise; but so didn't nearly every other band like them. 

I'm curious about what bands have you seen falling after proving they are "good", because this is something I've thinking enough recently. While meritocracy isn't itself more than a fantasy -thus the next I'm going to say could sound a bit pretentious, I know- I 'feel' that in the VK scene, if you prove that you actually have good skills and/or propose something of really 'artistic' value, it won't cost you that much to reach success within your project (when I say "success" I don't aim necessarily at being famous whitin the mainstream market in any way, of course). This isn't something to be just applied to explain every single case of an artist in the scene, but I think we can agree in some generalities. As far as I'm concerned, the 'classics', or even the considered 'famous' bands (which in both cases we can assume are succesful projects for their members, i.e. they can pay bills with it going on), were bands that offered something more-less 'new' and more-less did it pretty well, at least in their beginning- you could say they were 'inspiring' bands. So, in those cases, I find it really difficult for them to 'fall' after that; of course fame can easy come and easy go and one day you fall outside the spotlight, but look at Deluhi, for example: as one member said on their thread, they sold out two venues ten years after disbanding...

Edited by saiko

22 minutes ago, saiko said:

I'm curious about what bands have you seen falling after proving they are "good".

It's not about being "good" or "bad", I was speaking exclusively about fan interest and hype in that part of my post. It's a symptom of music in general (i.e. "flavor of the month" bands).

Here are the bands at the top of my head who had similar initial fan hype (especially here on MH) but faded away whether it was disbandment (9Goats Black Out) or releasing god awful music (Girugamesh, Sadie):

9Goats Black Out

BIS

Dio - Distraught Overlord

Eight

Kannivalism

Sadie

Girugamesh

Screw

Eat You Alive

UnsraW

OZ

Deluhi

I'm sure if I had a comprehensive list of bands in front of me I could have picked out several more; but those are the ones that instantly come to mind that we've seen come and go over the years, all of whom received strong fan interest/support in the early days -- especially here -- and then quickly faded away.

Edited by geist
autism

5 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Fell off the face of the earth? Pretty sure each single has done better than the previous one

You misread what I wrote. I didn't say kizu fell off a cliff (well, maybe their production did). I was commenting on other bands in the past  who had similar hype surrounding them but never developed into lasting bands.

Edited by geist
lazy

idk about other bands but 9gbo was active for 7 years or so...quite a lifespan for a vk band imo...

Edited by yomii