Kiryu999

キズ (Kizu) new single "平成" release

is it just me or does the production sound different compared to some of their other stuff? not sure if it's just YT fucking stuff up or not but parts of it kinda have this 'tin can' effect

I feel like the sound quality is probably because of the whole special format they used to record the single with. I can’t imagine that would carry over to YouTube well.

That said, I liked the song.

8 minutes ago, frayed said:

I feel like the sound quality is probably because of the whole special format they used to record the single with. I can’t imagine that would carry over to YouTube well.

That said, I liked the song.

I'm thinking the same.

Sound quality aside, I like the song but it hasn't blown me away.

i think it's just an okay-ish b-side kizu song, they've always had ones, 美しき日々 or 悪い夢 for example. it's just everyone was waiting for a hit song, but it seems it's yet to come.

19 minutes ago, Wakarimashita said:

What is that wall of text that's in the first videoclip about?

Also, why a B-side? I'm very confused lol

Basically they wanted to release the Heisei PV today and had every intention to, but they weren’t satisfied with the result yet - so rather than give us something they weren’t satisfied with yet, to tide us over, they made the lyric video for us 

Edited by frayed
Because I forgot to add a thing lol

These guys are without a doubt my biggest bias so take everything I say with a grain of salt but after more listens I'm actually liking this song more and more, it's still nothing outstanding or whatever but for being something on the reallynpoppier and catchier side of things I'm fine with it, as long as this the only time they do it on this single

Heisei is a good song but what the hell is going on with this production? Feels like I'm listening to four different lossy tracks downloaded from Limewire and panned in all sorts of different directions. If this 4D experience is the future of music, then I quit.

5 minutes ago, Disposable said:

I'm just one track deep and this is objectively one of the worst production choices I've ever heard in my life. The lead guitar sounds so bad that I have to wonder what kind of audio equipment it was designed to sound great on

The guitar in Stalker is all over the place... but composition wise it's a pretty great song.

1 minute ago, Komorebi said:

The guitar in Stalker is all over the place... but composition wise it's a pretty great song.

Yeah for the last two tracks I can see what they were going for and I like the tracks too

they'd just be better without this gimmick

inb4 I make a 180 on this and call them pioneers in two weeks 

1 minute ago, Disposable said:

Yeah for the last two tracks I can see what they were going for and I like the tracks too

they'd just be better without this gimmick

inb4 I make a 180 on this and call them pioneers in two weeks 

I know this will grow on me and tbh the mixing on Yume isn't as bad as in the other songs.