helcchi

DIMLIM new single “離人” release

15 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

What the hell is up with Retsu's guitar?

do you mind if i try to defend Retsu's guitar?

i LOVE gretsch, they're my fav aside from fender, but compared to fender are so uncommon to see in vkei - yutori from pentagon plays deusenbergs which are pretty similar but that's usually the closest i've seen
i have no idea if this track was actually recorded on that guitar or not but the solo makes me think it was - their pickups are like this middle ground between the crisp bubbliness of fenders' & 'heavier' humbuckers but without that watery mid-boosted PRS sound. it's pretty muddy & unclear
& regardless of all that, totally personal taste but i like the contrast of small dude / tight unaccessorized clothes w/ the giant-ass guady guitar that'd be no one's first association w/ a darker styled band. + the white guitar / black clothes makes that contrast seem more purposeful.

sorry for the huge answer but i love dumb things like this - bands that fuck w/ what's expected in smaller ways that almost seem accidental

12 minutes ago, diryangrey said:

& regardless of all that, totally personal taste but i like the contrast of small dude / tight unaccessorized clothes w/ the giant-ass guady guitar that'd be no one's first association w/ a darker styled band. + the white guitar / black clothes makes that contrast seem more purposeful.

I don't recall Retsu using that guitar live yet as they haven't played Rijin yet, but he is actually quite tall for a Japanese dude (180cm) so that guitar must be huge lol

19 hours ago, Duwang said:

I've been told that boku is an early version of monokurui

Yeah, that totally makes sense! The intros are really similar.

retsu's outfit is making me feel...things. 

as for the song itself, took me a few times to get into due to the vocals in the beginning but once it struck, it really struck. Another single on my to-buy list!

On 6/4/2019 at 8:08 AM, yuugure said:

So it's confirmed, DIMLIM is better than your favourite band.

Nahhhh but they're cool though

When the A-side came out I thought I was already tired of the blessthefall riffs with the tapping gimmick and all that having gotten tired quick of their last album, but the B-side got me back. The vocals are sick on the entire single, and even if the wank didn't win me on the first track the funny one second long heavy chug around the 1.49 mark is fucking sick and the chorus hook is something else. The technically most able band in vk hands down if they only flaunted it just a bit less 

Shit, this song takes you for a ride alright.

Place me into the group that would call this Vanitas 2.0, as that artistic approach has been kicked up a notch, making the entire track sporadic.

It's hard to put it into words but the song is so close to not being listenable due to the amount of ideas thrown into it. I agree with many others here that they need to take it easy considering how well they are doing right now in the VK scene. If its a rival thing with NAZARE then please let us know.

I really feel my thoughts have already been mentioned by others but their work really does make everything else out in the VK world right now pale in comparison.

There, I said it.

21 minutes ago, cheesy_VK_Freak said:

the new jam is out for the public

Those last few seconds were a mix of anxiety, suspense and awe. I wish it had gone on for longer, with a gentle fade out. But on the other hand I'm almost thankful they blue-balled us like that, oh, and hatever Sho is doing here in this track fkn slaps. 

On 6/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, diryangrey said:

i LOVE gretsch, they're my fav aside from fender, but compared to fender are so uncommon to see in vkei - yutori from pentagon plays deusenbergs which are pretty similar but that's usually the closest i've seen

Haru from Xaa-Xaa and Takuya from Rands also use hollow bodies

Spoiler

and kaguya from yumeleep has a pink motor city penguin

tumblr_pbupo8HlFj1xa2zrho1_1280.jpg

Edited by helcchi

3 hours ago, cheesy_VK_Freak said:

the new jam is out for the public

aw it's taken down. 

saw someone else with a gretsch guitar on SNS (probably insta) yesterday but I can't remember who or where lol. this is the vaguest shit ever but they were wearing a dress and kneeling on the floor while holding the guitar upright. 

(Damn you, brain!)

8 hours ago, Floogurt said:

Reminds me of new Kiyoharu I’m down

I thought I was the only one who thought that, yeah pleasantly surprising!

I love the "itoshisa..." sad disco thing + jazzy saunter + sukekiyoisms + killer vocal melodies + teasing

Does it sound unfinished? YES.

The song should be like 4 minutes longer to fit in all the ideas (come through attention spans of bangya, they'll never do it).

Will i forgive them for it? YES.

Anyone know who did the mixing of " Rijin " ? This person deserve an award seriously... the song got so much depth it's amazing.

18 minutes ago, Kirito said:

Anyone know who did the mixing of " Rijin " ? This person deserve an award seriously... the song got so much depth it's amazing.

Katsuya has taken over on DIMLIM production since THE SILENT SONG, the dude is a god 

check out his own projects, Misanthropist and SLOTHREAT 

Edited by chipathy