helcchi

DIMLIM new single “離人” release

18 minutes ago, Tokage said:

yo this is actually legit really, really good & it's p fucked up how thoroughly mediocre this makes like the majority of the contemporary vk scene look by comparison 

this is the truth right here - these guys are wiping the floor with most of their contemporaries 

The solo saved the song to be honest. 

It sounds like leftover ideas from the Chedoara sessions, and as I’ve said before I’m getting a little tired of the tapping gimmick. At least go somewhere else on the guitar neck, dudes. 

Sudden ending with no climax is cute, but it was cuter in Grotesque. 

It’s fine, but last summer’s singles it is not. 

Well, I tried. When I first heard them last year, I thought they sounded like a Diru rip-off, and now they're moving towards finding their own style, but it just doesn't do anything for me. Probably just not my cup of tea.

So yeah Vanitas 2.0 without the screams? Pretty decent song, if somewhat fairly reminiscent of stuff they've already done. I agree with people who said the song feels a bit disjointed and I feel like the individual parts of the songs aren't really well connected. 0:43 was absolutely jaw-dropping for me but then that part was never revisited again :(:( Pretty neat guitar playing and goth gf Ryuya is bae ❤️

Those are my first impressions, I'm pretty sure it will grow on me with time :) 

Edited by kuyashii

btw how do we read 離人?

just seen "hanarejin" transcription and i was like wut isnt it rijin like in 離人症

1 hour ago, yomii said:

btw how do we read 離人?

just seen "hanarejin" transcription and i was like wut isnt it rijin like in 離人症

Its rijin. 

4 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

Well, I tried. When I first heard them last year, I thought they sounded like a Diru rip-off, and now they're moving towards finding their own style, but it just doesn't do anything for me. Probably just not my cup of tea.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I feel like everyone goes bonkers for them and I just don't get it.

4 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

The only thing DEG about them is Sho, and that’s only when he growls/squeals; his cleans are different from Kyo’s. 

I think for some people (including me) the hype comes from them bursting onto the scene with messy songwriting, then improving tenfold when Issei peaced out. Last summer when they dropped vanitas, shigarami, and aizou no tsuki all in a row, it was like it was a new band. 

I just... honestly find the DEG comparisons weird. Dimlim are more technical and definitely have their ear to the ground for what’s going on in modern metal. But then it seems like a VK band can’t have downtuned guitars and harsh vocals without dodging the comparison, so I get it. 

I'm really tired of the noodling...I would rather hear his voice cleanly, now it just feels like excess noise (and I like noise but not here).
Got excited at 1:38~1:50 but that dynamic sound quickly tapered off back into noodle major key, solo at 3:00 I love but again it's short, 3:47~ on I like, I think I prefer his lower range...for me his screams sound like hair power metal or something.

need a couple more listens to get used to it, but so far it's great, no matter how disjointed it might be. that solo was ridiculous. if there's any fairness in this scene, these guys along with kizu should be the next big thing and carry on others' legacies playing in big venues with big followings.

I feel bad for not buying the CD but for me it's 25€ with unsecured shipping service for 2 songs when I can have the 12 songs of chedoara for 15€. Grrrrr

So I got my copy of the single today, and to my surprise 肉腫と繁殖と不快感 is not the new song DIMLIM has been playing since March (currently known as "xxx"), but a ballad.

In other words, this release is 100% clean vocals.

1 hour ago, Duwang said:

And I'm %100 cool with this. I mean, I was never HUGE on certain kinds of harsh vocals to begin with, but in many cases I just find them pretty frivolous.  And it's kinda like the older I get, the less inclined i am to listen to other grown-ass men impersonate the boogey man.

20 hours ago, Duwang said:

So I got my copy of the single today, and to my surprise 肉腫と繁殖と不快感 is not the new song DIMLIM has been playing since March (currently known as "xxx"), but a ballad.

A little disappointed to hear the second track is a ballad, not that I have a major issue with ballads but DIMLIM are pretty solid at being heavy and crazy so was hoping for more of that. Speaking of songs they play live, I remember when I saw them in June/July last year they played a song that I didn't know and still as far as I've heard hasn't been released. But it's probably from one of those live only singles that us foreigners can't hope to acquire (easily). haha. I think it was just after they released the "boku"/"watashi" singles, so probably was one of those.

As for "Rijin" I actually really like it, the spot didn't get me hyped at all but the full song is awesome, though do have to agree with those who are getting sick of the "over-tapping" at this point I'm wondering if Retsu is even doing this to be musical or just to be like "hey dudes, look at me, I can tap *widdlewiddlewiddle*" haha. Just gets to a certain point in the song where you start to feel a bit like, "ok, you can stop that now...." + What the hell is up with Retsu's guitar? Visually this is probably the only issue I have with the whole thing, I'm sure it's a decent guitar and what not, but doesn't it just completely not fit the overall image at all? lol.

3 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

A little disappointed to hear the second track is a ballad, not that I have a major issue with ballads but DIMLIM are pretty solid at being heavy and crazy so was hoping for more of that. Speaking of songs they play live, I remember when I saw them in June/July last year they played a song that I didn't know and still as far as I've heard hasn't been released. But it's probably from one of those live only singles that us foreigners can't hope to acquire (easily). haha. I think it was just after they released the "boku"/"watashi" singles, so probably was one of those.

While I was surprised that the b-side was not the song they've been playing for a while, I'm not too surprised they put out another ballad. Sho likes slower/ballad-y songs.

I was going to their lives last June (they did not play in July because they were working on Chedoara), and I could totally be wrong but I don't remember them playing a live limited song then. They don't play "rare" songs at taibans. The only time I can remember them playing a live limited song in the past year was Age of Lies at the Fixer twoman in January.

I didn't go to the boku/watashi onemans so I don't have those, but I've been told that boku is an early version of monokurui, so assuming watashi is also an early version of another chedoara song, they've never played them live.

I only started writing down their set lists last September so I can't say for sure, but it might've been Innocent Passion. It sounds a bit different live.

7 hours ago, Duwang said:

While I was surprised that the b-side was not the song they've been playing for a while, I'm not too surprised they put out another ballad. Sho likes slower/ballad-y songs.

I was going to their lives last June (they did not play in July because they were working on Chedoara), and I could totally be wrong but I don't remember them playing a live limited song then. They don't play "rare" songs at taibans. The only time I can remember them playing a live limited song in the past year was Age of Lies at the Fixer twoman in January.

I didn't go to the boku/watashi onemans so I don't have those, but I've been told that boku is an early version of monokurui, so assuming watashi is also an early version of another chedoara song, they've never played them live.

I only started writing down their set lists last September so I can't say for sure, but it might've been Innocent Passion. It sounds a bit different live.

I'd have to hear it to make a full judgement, but tbh so far DIMLIM don't have a song I dislike (not counting the silly SE's) so am sure it'll be cool. :)

Ah right, reason I said June/July is because that was the time I was in Japan and went to a few shows and can't remember exact dates and such without looking it up so know it was just within that time frame. It would seem silly to play the live only single songs at shows considering only a few people would know it, but yeah maybe it could be that then, I remember they mainly played the singles which you'd expect and that was around the time Vanitas had just been released, so managed to catch a live performance of that which was cool.