helcchi

DIMLIM new single “離人” release

giphy.gif

i have listened to this so many times in the past 30 minutes and i must say, THIS TRACK/VIDEO HAS EVERYTHING

• endless, head-spinning guitar-tapping
  • chuggy dissonant riffs
  • the entire crew basically just chilling in a hospital during a jazz solo
  • bed-ridden infirmary joker
  • impossibly high vocal harmonies
  • a man in a leather bodysuit
  • at least 4 actual genres of music
  • goth gf Ryuya

i'm supposed to just go back to OTHER MUSIC now?

Edited by nomemorial

There's an interview with Sho about the single: https://toppamedia.com/interview-2019-6-dimlim-sho-vo/

I'm sorry I'm too busy to translate, but to sum it up he wrote the song about him growing up with depersonalization disorder which probably developed as a result of being bullied (which was mentioned in an earlier interview)

I feel a little disappointed with the track 😕 It feels like they tried to fit too many different things into one song and the transitions sound abrupt and unpleasant. Really enjoy the guitar at the very beginning and the chorus tho. Hopefully with a few more listens I’ll come to enjoy it.

Some really good ideas but sloppy writing compared to chedoara....first verse to bridge was too sudden, some of the guitar parts are like 3/4 guitars at once and its distracting, and the bridge ending the song followed by the op chords seemed like a cheap finish....GIVE US DRAMAAA

BUT still better than pretty much everything else...that prog rock breakdown shook Leda's wig and i love the breakdown after the chorus

Edited by emmny

Love the vocals (especially the chorus) and the solo, but that annoying "guitar noodling on the high strings just to fill space" trend needs to die already.

Disjointed song but good execution I guess...?

Edited by Jigsaw9

these guys are my hope for VK-music . listening to the preview I was afraid it would sound like a vanitas ripp-off, but it turned out really cool, the guitar solo was amazing, I love that style! not becoming a favorite of mine though.

DIMLIM please go on like this~~~~

when i first listened to vanitas i thought it was disjointed mess wihich ill never listen to again lol

im not crazy abt the song (yet) but that solo was everything and the overall execution is great as always. dimlim gives us a consistently high quality songs which i appreciate

Edited by yomii

2 minutes ago, colorful人生 said:

They went full-on CHON in that solo bit. But seriously, this is pretty great listen. I'm a sucker for any and all prog rock, but the track was really playful without giving up a lot in the "heavy" department. Easily my favorite of theirs by far. 

Was so afraid to use the word "CHON" when referring this track to my friends, but you're not wrong!!

since chedoara it took 'em very long for this (2) song(s) but damn it was worth the wait!

also although you'd think like what is there within music you can do to sound still unique but they did it again at least for my music knowledge.