helcchi

DIMLIM new single “離人” release

Sounds poppier than usual hehe but still hype! the dueling, overlapping vocal tracks are so sick, Sho's whistle shriek track bleeds into his lower vocal track until they rise and drown out the other vox giving us DRAMMAAAAAA

Edited by emmny

i'm glad they're still doing the noodle guitar thing & i'm not really tired of it yet, but it did kinda sound like there were just 2 different songs playing on top of each other during the 'chorus' (i guess it's the chorus?) bit

Not really got a lot to say about the spot, too short. Sounds like a nice continuation from Chedoara and do agree the tapping parts are all starting to sound a bit samey at this point. Also a little bummed out that the single is only two tracks, especially after such a long wait and the venue limited single having four tracks.... Thanks guys... haha. Am a big fan of DIMLIMs stuff but tbh, the Issei era was their peak in my opinion and am still waiting for them to put out something that can top those tracks.

6 hours ago, nekkichi said:

how many first singles is this band planning to release?

like sis the silent song is not that old at all

i think they look at when hiroshi and taishi joining the band as a sort of uhhh reboot? for the band. thats my guess at least 

also why is this not on cdjapan yet fuggggg 

Edited by chipathy

49 minutes ago, chipathy said:

i think they look at when hiroshi and taishi joining the band as a sort of uhhh reboot? for the band. thats my guess at least 

No kidding - I've been checking CDJapan for the past few weeks and NOTHING ugh

1 hour ago, chipathy said:

I also emailed them to ask about when this is going to come up for ordering but was told it wouldn't be available through them. Though I also asked about the RAZOR full length and got told the same thing and have seen that's on there to order now.... So who knows? I ordered both through HMV Japan, they ship overseas and you can view the site in English, so that may be your best bet.

On 5/20/2019 at 1:33 AM, chipathy said:

I live in Tokyo... so I could pick it up for those who can't get it online.

(also merch when I see them live)

...PM me!

On 5/19/2019 at 8:33 PM, chipathy said:

hmmm righT

I also vaguely remember TSS was a maxi-single, and v-kei bands tend to make a big deal out of "1st single", "1st maxi single", "1st quadruple A-Side Single" numbering for w/e reason sometimes, might be that too