The Piass

A9 will release best-of albums「風月ノ詩」and「花鳥ノ調」

These 2 recent albums are so nostalgic.  Throws me back to their activity before Alpha.  I'm just in awe with how they have implemented all they have learned these 15 years and made each of their compositions better.   

17 hours ago, Miku70 said:

This tour is their  last tour for their 15th anniversary.

Their last date is the 10th August  and the band will make a big announcement.

For their real anniversary,  24th August, the band organized a live at Shinkiba STUDIO COST, this live name Beautiful Beast Fest.

Sources :

https://a9-project.com/news

https://twitter.com/a9_official

Have any ideo of their announcement 😔

I'm guessing another name change. They've been changing it every 5 years, from アリス九號 to Alice Nine (2009) to A9 (2015). I'm guessing the negotiations with PSC has been well and truly wrapped up, and they're taking the copyrights for all their songs and アリス九號/Alice Nine branding back. Whether they'll go for a new name (please don't randomly add 'the' to the front) or revert back to Alice Nine is anyone's guess. 

14 hours ago, michi510 said:

These 2 recent albums are so nostalgic.  Throws me back to their activity before Alpha.  I'm just in awe with how they have implemented all they have learned these 15 years and made each of their compositions better.   

4 hours ago, jduv86 said:

These albums were so great!!! The newer compositions are amazing. 

Considering those are all 'old' songs, and they still managed to surprise and awe me, it's quite something. I couldn't get past Mugen no Hana the first time I listened to the full album, I just kept wanting to loop it. Hadn't thought that song could've be improved, yet it was. 

14 hours ago, EzraEroguro said:

New Corona/Velvet/FANTASY didn't woo me.

I liked the added drum bit in Corona. Plus how the keyboard supports Shou's voice in the chorus part of Fantasy. Other than that, those three weren't particularly wow-worthy. 

I'm not getting disband vibes from the way they announced they're going to have that big announcement. The way they throw around that "last" word is a little scary tho. Probably another name change like most people here said.

I was just scrolling down Nihon ongaku page and saw the two albums and gave it a spin.It took me by surprise cuz I didn't know it was a re recorded album,not even with their "classics", I must I admit that it was a very emotional experience,I used to be obsessed with their music back in 2010-2011, brought me so much memories,sung a long every single track of that.I guess that was one of the purposes of such an amazing record. Thinking about getting into their discography and the albums I've missed almost the entire 10's...

Edited by Manji 卍

1 hour ago, chemicalpictures said:

I've listened to the gemini trio and was disappointed as fuck, they've butchered some of their best work ever, I couldn't even bother giving a chance to everything else

Finally! I was waiting for a voice of dissent as everything has been so positive on here. 'Butchered' echoes my thoughts exactly. I listened to the Gemini trio and Velvet as they're some of my favourites and the new arrangements left me confused. Also why is Shou singing in such an over the top manner? I haven't listened to their newer stuff but is that what he does now? He sounds like he's trying way too hard to imitate himself. 

*phew!*

2 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

Finally! I was waiting for a voice of dissent as everything has been so positive on here. 'Butchered' echoes my thoughts exactly. I listened to the Gemini trio and Velvet as they're some of my favourites and the new arrangements left me confused. Also why is Shou singing in such an over the top manner? I haven't listened to their newer stuff but is that what he does now? He sounds like he's trying way too hard to imitate himself. 

*phew!*

lmao, the way he sang "In the void" at 04:00 made me throw up in my mouth a little. The orchestrated arrangement could've been an interesting touch, but it was clearly done on a VERY tight budget. I'll check the other songs, maybe there's something do salvage there

1 minute ago, chemicalpictures said:

lmao, the way he sang "In the void" at 04:00 made me throw up in my mouth a little. The orchestrated arrangement could've been an interesting touch, but it was clearly done on a VERY tight budget. I'll check the other songs, maybe there's something do salvage there

I didn't get past the opening without throwing up XD But on your fone recommendation I went and checked it out. How is his English worse?! 

32 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

Also why is Shou singing in such an over the top manner? I haven't listened to their newer stuff but is that what he does now? He sounds like he's trying way too hard to imitate himself.

I didn't bother with listening to the entire albums, but his singing manner in the previews is so creepy tbh

bitch is in his late 30s, but the imitation teenager vocal pitch is so confusing honestly;

I thought he's gonna evolve into the hyde LARP act he's always aspired to be by now, but this is smth else entirely and it does not sound good

I literally can't believe their pursuit of becoming a kpop band has molten ha brain so badly

21 hours ago, Miku70 said:

so is this their last live as a9 after which they reform as nine time-limited idol-kei bands called alice one, alice two, ..., and alice X — 1 (since alice9 is copyrighted by PSC) produced by A9 members?

Edited by nekkichi