monkeybanana4

己龍 (Kiryu) new maxi-single「閃光」(Senkou) release

I don't like this music because it's really generic but the MV is nice.

Maybe I like this after more listens .

Edited by Miku70

1 hour ago, Spectralion said:

Why it feels so disjointed?! 

Is Hayato ghost writing the whole BPR's music? 

🤣. Takemasa and Mitsuki wrote many songs too.

Hayato wrote song after lives , but I doubt he's him.

Kiryu's music is already so saturated that every track has moments of other tracks,which always gives you that "already heard this before" feeling.  But I'll always check their stuff cuz they're a special band for me.

10 hours ago, AimiGen7 said:

I found the Mi'ze:lia song they recycled. 

Hide contents

For once, my useless somewhat-knowledge on obscure proto-bands comes in handy.

It's no wonder that they'll have to reach down the well in order to fill the B.P record annual releases quota, kind of like when Mejibray started doing Toon Factory covers to fill up their singles campaigns. 

This band just makes me sad. On every album there are moments that show the spark they had at the beginning of their run that've now been diluted down by the ridiculous flood of sub-standard material they're putting out. There's always the debate whether a band is forced to do this or that, but in Kiryu's case I think it's indisputable that they're as prolific as they are just in order to stay afloat at the  top. 

3 hours ago, Disposable said:

kind of like when Mejibray started doing Toon Factory covers to fill up their singles campaigns. 

What are the particulars on this one?? I had never sampled TF for more than a minute but this makes so much sense and I have to know now lol 

10 hours ago, AimiGen7 said:

Apparently, Mitsuki is a singer now. He did a cover of Meikyo Shisui..

The instrument is better than the remake version. i'm sad :(

Type A :

4582281543262.jpg

01.閃光 

02.命日

DVD :

1. 閃光 (MV)

2. 閃光 (メイキング)

Type B

4582281543361.jpg

01.閃光 

02.命日

DVD :

1. 閃光 (マルチアングルMV)

Type C :

4582281543460.jpg

01.閃光 

02.命日 

03.狂ィ 

04.閃光(inst)

Type D :

61ZF6-G80cL.jpg

1. 閃光

2. 命日

3. 遊郭-再構築-

4. 閃光 (inst)

5. 命日 (inst)

6. 遊郭-再構築- (inst)

Edited by Miku70

So they're rerecording Yuukaku? Nice. I thought that song was forgotten into the abyss with other enjoyable Kiryu classics. 

Still waiting for the day they rerecord 愛シクモ切ナイ仄甘ク喘グ其ノ声ヲ (and give it an easier to say title lol)

the only good thing about this single is going to be the re recording of 遊郭-再構築 (Yukaku). Waiting for the re recording of Kogarashi and Jubaku Ai. The classics are the classics.

Edited by Manji 卍

Judging by the previews on mora.jp, the main track is the worst of the bunch and the b-sides are all much better, especially the rebuild of 遊郭 (which is not an exact re-recording, it sounds quite different).

type a and b artworks are so so beautiful * ^ * im not that much into kiryu, and i like some songs from the last album so dunno the reason u guys are so sceptical about them but that artworks make me want to listen to the new single☯

25 minutes ago, yomii said:

type a and b artworks are so so beautiful * ^ * im not that much into kiryu, and i like some songs from the last album so dunno the reason u guys are so sceptical about them but that artworks make me want to listen to the new single☯

It's mostly because as of recently, Kiryu's had a very rigorous release schedule, and it's sorta been showing in their music after Hyakki Yakou, which wasn't a bad album, but not nearly as good as Kyouka Suigetsu or Shuka Ensen