sleepy coffee

無能なルシッド (Munou na Lucid)

Suggested to make a general artist thread for these guys especially since I love to post about every single little update. No new substantial news out yet beyond their first single but it seems like they're gearing up to start promoting for their 2nd single

Also I have hard time deciding between these guys and Verxina for best band that debuted in 2018 but fuck they're both so good

Edited by chipathy

Having a hard time figuring this out since I don't understand japanese but it seems like  starting on 1.9 munou is starting some sort of club/series on nico video with the goal of what I assume is pushing out a steady flow of content. Also it seems like itll be about 520 yen to be able to watch the content. I'll correct any errors I made if people point it out to me

god save me ive been interested in the band members' pasts so heres what i discovered
according to visual ioner's website here's some members history unknown.png

https://www.last.fm/music/フォトスフィア this is the last fm page for the band called raysphere where ten started off at but it seems like Ten and Ruze have actually been bandmates for awhile since there seems to be alot of interlocking with some of the bands theyve been a part of even if its not mentioned in the visual ioner site

https://www.last.fm/music/J∀CK11/+wiki heres some jack11 info and as you can tell there's raysphere and regret here

https://www.last.fm/music/Regret here's the regret page and theres some continued connections with nearly every band listed above

https://www.last.fm/music/響~hiViki~ etc etc

https://www.last.fm/music/VARB and lastly before munou na lucid

another interesting tadbit is that during Raysphere's time (this was maybe like 2000-2005 from what i can gathered, Kiryu's Isshiki was also a part of the band so lol nice

anyways what im getting at is, ten and ruze have been together for ages, but is this Hiro guy who shows up as the vocalist throughout most of these projects, the current Muku? 

@suji cause it seems like you were interested in learning more about this lol 

bonus observation, if this is all true, even tho munou is this new cool thing, the fact is that these guys have been making music possibly for 15+ years so big oof 

Edited by chipathy

23 minutes ago, Masato said:

I came to this thread because everyone wrote that they will be the next big Internet thing, but no one is posting here except chipathy. 🤔

Sorry I'm just really into them so I just post every little thing, but ya hopefully they get more traction in 2019.

I have 0 clue of how sales did but their debut mv in november broke 14k views so I guess that's at least something 

I can't read Japanese very well so I won't be able to post/translate anything about them if I find it, but I appreciate the dedication from you, chipathy :)

It's no wonder their music sounds quite promising - some of the band members have lots of previous experience. Does guitarist iyu have any previous band experience or is this his first band?

(Thanks for all the information/dedication on this new band! I can't decide either who is better them or Verxina. They're both decent, new bands.)

Yeah it seems like ten and ruze have been around since even before 2005 lmao, I've been able to figure out muku, and iyu were never part of these groups so they're either new guys in the scene or even more mysterious lmao (theres that whole thing that maybe muku was desire's vocalist but that's hard to confirm 

And their drummer is no longer in the band so idc to do research on him 

Quite interesting to see that the drummer left even before they really got off as a band. Are they using a support drummer? It seems so weird that both muku and iyu have no searchable history xD I feel they're too good to be completely new, but hey maybe there are. Who knows? VK is full of surprise, lol.

I think he means that he can incorporate what he played in the Twitter video into the third single? It's nice to know at least Iyu is thinking far ahead to the third single, lol. Although it makes me curious as to what's going to be on the second single.

Also, their first single is very promising as a new band. Each song is different from the other and showcases their potential. I'm quite excited to hear what they'll release next.

Edited by monkeybanana4

Recently ordered their single. It feels amazing to support the start of an indie vk act again. My 14 year old past self approves.

2 minutes ago, Paraph said:

i like this look so much better than the hand hair tomfoolery

I prefer when he has insane makeup but ya he needs to ditch whatever he was clipping onto his hair

45 minutes ago, chipathy said:

I prefer when he has insane makeup but ya he needs to ditch whatever he was clipping onto his hair

Kind of reminded me of a tarantula. He looks unrecognisable now, I kind of miss his old look as it was so iconic but I do like this new one.

42 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Kind of reminded me of a tarantula. He looks unrecognisable now, I kind of miss his old look as it was so iconic but I do like this new one.

When I first saw it, it took me a good minute to realize that it was a part of his hair and not something else (alive), lol 😅

it reminds me of the scarf-hand-thing from the game Stretch Panic

Spoiler

latest?cb=20121201003935

looks like it's back. that minimalist look must have been for White Day? or some other event. tbh i'm glad? kinda missed the insanity and trademark.

Edited by Paraph