Velle

Worst Band Names in VK?

Just for fun

Asked people about bands they hated and a couple mentioned that some they disliked because they didn't like the band's name.

So here's a new topic : What said ins stupid band names in VK in your opinion?

names of musicians count as well 

I'll start :

Dog inthe Parallel World Orchestra/ PWO - just what?

Blu-Billion - horrible to day

oh lord. there's a bunch of bands with terrible names, especially new ones. i'm gonna challenge myself and list 20+ from the top of my head (they're not ranked btw)

1. Houts
  2. Chicktak
  3. Chic Boy
  4. An Cafe/Antic Cafe??? cuz I never know what they're actually called
  5. Xaoce (pronounced CHAOS)
  6. LA bate
  7. RIMCAT
  8. Rides in Revellion (...)
  9. nuvɔ:gu (new vogue)
  10. D, S, M, etc.
  11. Sadies Marry
  12. nano Mother ted
  13. [email protected]
  14. BLESS THIS MESS
  15. SUPER BOYS
  16. Black Gene for the Next Scene
  17. Initial'L
  18. Tear City
  19. DIERRY CALL
  20. Frantic EMIRY
  21. グラビティ↗↗楽しさ♪FULLVOLTAAAGE!!!
  22. *

cocklobin, man! It might be cute to say it while in Japan. Even publicly. But not so much when you're in English speaking country. For the sheer misunderstamding it might cause. "Hey, what are you listening to?", "cocklobin, man!", "heyyy! there's minor here!"  😂😂😂

Edited by LIDL

i hate shit like this:

??? (read "hatena")
Uma ("yuuma"... how is anyone gonna think anything but horse)
麺’s卵 ("men's egg")
彡 ("keno")

DragonWAPPPPPPER, Berallwarp Rheim, P*Route, ギャックメン (gyackmen, sounds like a hairball), Guy's Family, PIECElang were all p bad

キナルラ/kinarura as "kenllre" is awful

Develop One’s Faculties and breakin' holiday sound dumb as hell too.

i think you can't beat a punchy one-word name that doesn't have some ridiculous reading.

4 hours ago, suji said:

oh lord. there's a bunch of bands with terrible names, especially new ones. i'm gonna challenge myself and list 20+ from the top of my head (they're not ranked btw)

1. Houts
  2. Chicktak
  3. Chic Boy
  4. An Cafe/Antic Cafe??? cuz I never know what they're actually called
  5. Xaoce (pronounced CHAOS)
  6. LA bate
  7. RIMCAT
  8. Rides in Revellion (...)
  9. nuvɔ:gu (new vogue)
  10. D, S, M, etc.
  11. Sadies Marry
  12. nano Mother ted
  13. [email protected]
  14. BLESS THIS MESS
  15. SUPER BOYS
  16. Black Gene for the Next Scene
  17. Initial'L
  18. Tear City
  19. DIERRY CALL
  20. Frantic EMIRY
  21. グラビティ↗↗楽しさ♪FULLVOLTAAAGE!!!
  22. *

I don't know which one makes me want to bang my head on a table more.

Bless This Mess... seriously? 😂

4 hours ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

Any band name that makes it deliberately hard to search for them.

Obscure would be a good example of this. They're the band Lay and 4ge formed after Fatima disbanded with singer/guitarist Nobara, and the only way I could find any trace of their music was by Googling "obscure nobara". To top it all off, Lay and 4ge changed their stage names to Cake and Zizimakia respectively.

Other shitty band names:

* BUNNEIES

* 0801弐209336

* Crazy★Shampoo

* Un=(XAG)

I found those all on a list a while back, as well as some others that have already been mentioned.

4 hours ago, LIDL said:

cocklobin, man! It might be cute to say it while in Japan. Even publicly. But not so much when you're in English speaking country. For the sheer misunderstamding it might cause. "Hey, what are you listening to?", "cocklobin, man!", "heyyy! there's minor here!"  😂😂😂

These guys are also on that list I found. They disbanded a while back, but they honestly weren't that bad. Not the best, but they had some pretty good songs. I would recommend Daphnis, Grisaille and Cock. Yes, Cock.

Also, who could forget Bump Of Chicken? They were originally gonna be called Cowards Strike Back, but it got mistranslated as Bump Of Chicken. I mean... I guess I get it? A coward can be described as chicken, and if you strike something, you may bump it...

ETA: Also, do you guys remember Dirty Darkling

Edited by Gesu

one thing i can say is that i'm at least glad most VK bands don't just settle for the boring 'The [adjective] [noun]s' or 'The [noun]' band names

that said, my pick is ANGRY FROG REBIRTH. I know it's not a VK band, but still..

27 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Also, who could forget Bump Of Chicken? They were originally gonna be called Cowards Strike Back, but it got mistranslated as Bump Of Chicken. I mean... I guess I get it? A coward can be described as chicken, and if you strike something, you may bump it...

Oh, is that what it was supposed to be? 😮 I always assumed it was a botched translation of "goose bumps"

2 hours ago, Tokage said:

that said, my pick is ANGRY FROG REBIRTH. I know it's not a VK band, but still..

VK names are bad, but mainstream rock bands are worse:

Bump Of Chicken

Mr. Children

One Ok Rock

Radwimps

The Oral Cigarettes

04 Limited Sazabys

My Hair is Bad

It's like they pull out random words from a hat.

Edited by Doesn'tEvenGoHere

30 minutes ago, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

Bump Of Chicken

Mr. Children

One Ok Rock

Radwimps

The Oral Cigarettes

04 Limited Sazabys

My Hair is Bad

Mr. Children always kinda creeps me out.

43 minutes ago, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

Bump Of Chicken

Mr. Children

One Ok Rock

Radwimps

The Oral Cigarettes

04 Limited Sazabys

My Hair is Bad

don't forget SHIT HAPPENING

1 hour ago, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

04 Limited Sazabys

04 Limited Sazabys is actually a fairly direct name. Gen mentioned a while back on Twitter that it comes from this:

2zdympj.jpg

The original drummer was a big Gundam fan, but apparently he misspelled "Sazabi" and I guess it was too late to change it when they noticed.

The crazy nonsensical ones are my favorites. I find them really funny. My idea of terrible band names are the really common/boring/hard to search names.

But since nonsense is what we're going for, how has no one mentioned Crazy☆shampoo yet?

3 hours ago, violetchain said:

04 Limited Sazabys is actually a fairly direct name. Gen mentioned a while back on Twitter that it comes from this:

[photo removed]

The original drummer was a big Gundam fan, but apparently he misspelled "Sazabi" and I guess it was too late to change it when they noticed.

One Ok Rock as well, was named so for they practice at 1 o'clock, or so I've heard. (wan okuroku)
I imagine there might be at least some reasoning behind a lot of these names, whether it makes them less bad is still up for debate though...

9 hours ago, Alkaloid said:

The crazy nonsensical ones are my favorites. I find them really funny. My idea of terrible band names are the really common/boring/hard to search names.

But since nonsense is what we're going for, how has no one mentioned Crazy☆shampoo yet?

I mentioned them. Never listened to them, but with a name like that, I doubt they're anything special. Then again, who knows?