sleepy coffee

Who here is from Southern California or attends conventions in Southern California

Saboten con just announced The Sound Bee and Broken by the scream as guests for their convention and its the whole shebang, a concert, merch, q&a, take photos with the band etc etc. so i was mostly interested if there was a way we can rally some fans together and see if we can push conventions here in the SoCal area to look into bringing over a vk band or two. i mean hell if phoenix can get one why not fucking los angeles of all cities, its perfect for it. From what im aware of theres Anime Los Angeles, which is in january so it's obviously too late but maybe we can push for something in 2020, Anime Expo which is in July. Anime expo is one of if not the hugest anime conventions so it would be perfect exposure but im not sure how far along the process they are for getting guests for 2019 but so far nothing has been announced on their. and lastly theres anime california which is the smallest of three which might actually up our chances of them bringing over something as niche as visual kei, this one is in august so this might be our best shot. anyways if anyone is interested in trying to figure something out id love to somehow bring this idea to fruition especially after seeing it happen in phoenix and as far as im aware Acme is also performing at an anime con sometime in 2019 

also for whatever its worth i know i specifically said socal but i mean im sure we could also try to find ways to push for conventions across the country even if we dont live there

Honestly, I think cons aren't particularly interested in bringing over VK bands. A big part of that is because I just don't think that there is an overwhelming interesting in VK in the con scene...not to say that the interest was every huge, but is absolutely has died off. I used to see more people doing VK cosplay, VK stuff being sold and booths at the dealers hall, and more people used to come to my Jrock panel at Acen. In terms of the con scene, I think Kpop has taken up the mindshare space that VK/Jrock used to have. Because of that, VK bands being booked for cons are fairly few and far between these days. The best thing you can do is reach out to the cons you are either planning or are interested in going to and let them know you are interested in seeing VK at their con. It mostly likely won't do much (I can speak from experience here), but the fact is that very few people actually reach out to cons and let them know what they would like to see, which in turn might make the con think the interest is there. 

On 12/15/2018 at 10:39 PM, chipathy said:

Saboten con just announced The Sound Bee and Broken by the scream as guests for their convention and its the whole shebang, a concert, merch, q&a, take photos with the band etc etc. so i was mostly interested if there was a way we can rally some fans together and see if we can push conventions here in the SoCal area to look into bringing over a vk band or two. i mean hell if phoenix can get one why not fucking los angeles of all cities, its perfect for it. From what im aware of theres Anime Los Angeles, which is in january so it's obviously too late but maybe we can push for something in 2020, Anime Expo which is in July. Anime expo is one of if not the hugest anime conventions so it would be perfect exposure but im not sure how far along the process they are for getting guests for 2019 but so far nothing has been announced on their. and lastly theres anime california which is the smallest of three which might actually up our chances of them bringing over something as niche as visual kei, this one is in august so this might be our best shot. anyways if anyone is interested in trying to figure something out id love to somehow bring this idea to fruition especially after seeing it happen in phoenix and as far as im aware Acme is also performing at an anime con sometime in 2019 

FAKE STAR USA (https://twitter.com/FAKESTARUSA) are the ones organizing the show for ACME. You could try asking them what can be done, but I assume they'll just tell you the same thing about contacting your local con and telling them you want VK.

They're probably your best hope for anything VK in California though, since they brought CHISA from ACME to Anime Expo for the fashion show and also brought Kaya to Los Angeles earlier this year.

https://fakestarusa.com/

Chaotic Harmony (https://twitter.com/cha0ticharmony) are the ones organizing THE SOUND BEE HD's appearance, but I don't think they do much in California? You can try asking them though, since it looks like they have booked something in Los Angeles before.

https://www.chaotic-harmony.net/

Edited by violetchain