suji

🔯2019 Predictions!🔯

It's that time of year again, where we make our annual end-of-the-year predictions! 2018 was rocked by some game changers such as KIZU and DIMLIM, the incredible debut of the legendary J-POP unit 8P-SB, the shocking departures from NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST, and the upcoming return of longtime band DuelJewel! 

What's in store for visual kei and Jrock in 2019?! Did you think vk 2018 was exciting or just a long snoozer? Or are we in for an apocalypse to kill this genre dead once and for all? Please make your predictions here, and be sure to mark off some that turn out to be true throughout the year! :glitter:

tumblr_p9m1yxT3AS1wydp7xo1_500.gif

tumblr_pjp73uWGA31uufhzno1_500.gif

tumblr_paj1bzeFNj1t8d9o2o8_640.gif

tumblr_ogouzkqEy81vovwvso1_500.gif

🔯my predictions:🔯

♥raizo (ex-scarlet valse, lafflesia) will a) bring back lafflesia, or b) make another band but it's similar in sound 🙏🙏🙏 (I swear, this bitch is talented and I strongly believe he only joined SV just to get his name out there, which is why his time there was so short. He is one of the few vk dudes that I legitimately stan & is actually pretty talented and "original" (hardy harr), and his compositions are fucking beautiful. I'm really looking forward to see what he does in 2019.)

♥merry's new mini-album better blow my motherfucking pussy away & snatch m-ology's wig or ELSE 💕💦

♥david will release a few more singles rather than an album cuz sui needs that bangya money ✡💴

♥k*saki will still get away with his crimes...👮‍♀️

♥labaiser will disband because saya will either show up drunk & kiwamu kaisans them or he fucks up his voice permanently :( 

♥la bate PLEASE DISBAND FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD 🛃💩🤡

♥marco new single(s), maybe another mini-album, rei-rei will still slay this pussy 💕💦

♥2nd phase of kaya's 15th anniversary project will involve prob another crowdfund for another new album, or some weird collab

♥liphlich will disband

i'll add some more later but that's all i got on the top of my head for right now x 🌹

13 minutes ago, suji said:

♥we're gonna find out munou na lucid's previous bands or we'll die trying x

well there is info out there about ten and ruze but ya like where the fuck did Muku come from, unless this really is his first rodeo but he sounds hella good already

i dont have any spicy predictions besides dimlim and kizu better continue being the best current vk bands and the future of the scene 

(hopefully) razor finally drops a full length and IZA continues being the best looking person in vk

and also Munou na Lucid will be the next thing people start raving about, can be up there with dimlim and kizu for me 

Edited by chipathy

- pierrot coming back and releasing a new single; new album out before x japan releases theirs;

- insanity injection restarting activities;

- some matina-era bandomen coming back, distancing themselves from kisaki, to show the youths how grieva should have done while lasted;

- new ains band is an an cafe worship act; begins a sub-label for imitation resistar records nobodies;

- Deg announcing a new single for late 2019/winter 2020;

- sukekiyo taking a hiatus;

- unsraw chanteuse releasing something; d.i.d. tribute act chanteuses dimlim releasing a single or two;

- ryohei cumming back wearing weave, bow, serving dead on the inside yami kawaii;

- new versatilles ablum;

i'm not expecting those i'm just putting it out in the universe:

- new jin band delivering brvtal-kei ~EssencE~

- Kaya teasing a 「secret band」 that turns out to be a femme fatale —re:hymenorrhaphy— and formally commences late in the year;

- duel jewel coming back with an EP or a mini-album (I don't wanna neither lame albums, nor shit m-card limited sangs from them tbh);

I predict:

~ Yoshiki will promise a new album that'll never come to pass

~ some dibanded band will come back

~ brutal- kei bands will appear  whatever version of Hey!Hey!Hey! is still going.

~ DEG will revive diaper-kei 

~Jin-Machine will do a song about bunnies

~ Dog in the PWO will finally disband

~ Golden bomber will finally ay off some debt and go on a break/disband

~ some band will be in a scandal for honking and bonking bangya and becoming a daddy

~ Kameleo will reform! (I hope)

~ Codomo Dragon, Royz and  Kiryu will all finally come out with a full cd

~ some band will have some silly ass name like "fidget spinner"

~Unite will do some gangsta rap shit singing about dropping "doki doki cookies on yo ass biatch"

lastly,

~Kaitou sentai will have a cool song out that'll get a "fuck no you aint" letter and it'll never see the light of day :(

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

- new ains band is an an cafe worship act; begins a sub-label for imitation resistar records nobodies;

Haha if only. Yukika probably has negative money and is in debt. Let the washed up Etosetora vocalist be.

1 hour ago, AimiGen7 said:

Haha if only. Yukika probably has negative money and is in debt. Let the washed up Etosetora vocalist be.

he still has diaura cash and other low-liquidity assets i.e. a bussyhole he can lease on a per-hour rate through line.app

Edited by nekkichi

16 hours ago, anadentone said:

~ some band will have some silly ass name like "fidget spinner"

~Unite will do some gangsta rap shit singing about dropping "doki doki cookies on yo ass biatch"

I second this.

I predict that:

* DELUHI will finally return after almost eight years, only to disband again two months later

* Sugar Or Dry will disband, quickly followed by MiA's reputation getting even worse due to some other carcinogenic shit-kei project

* DIAURA will keep on slaying it

* ACME will keep on slaying it

* Munou Na Lucid will get HOOGE

* A band will form that tries to mix oshare kei and brutal kei; not only that, but it's actually not that bad

Edited by Gesu
Typo

10 hours ago, Gesu said:

* Sugar Or Dry will disband, quickly followed by MiA's reputation getting even worse due to some other carcinogenic shit-kei project

The real question is whether they’ll ever actually do anything beyond that one video.

-Satsuki and/or Sana will tour Russia and with a lot of luck Europe again

-Kamijo will also be back to Europe probably with Versailles?

-More bands will try crowdfunding

-Kaitou will get ~70 people at taibans at the weekends and still no label will take them on, forever to be self-published. They will do a parody song of Sick2

-Lack-co will keep releasing very little, San and Milks BL duo stuff takes off with their 10 fans that they will become a serious GLK band. Lol

3 minutes ago, Masato said:

-Kamijo will also be back to Europe probably with Versailles?

God, I hope so. I'm still not over how I missed seeing him in London this year because I fell out with the person I was gonna go with. -_-

Edited by Gesu

* DELUHI coming back full time after the insane success of their revival & best of album #2

* NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST will find one (or two) new guitarists & will release a new single mid year

* the GazettE will release a couple of singles

* KIZU will finally release a full length album

* CHOKE will go on hiatus

* Akane will come back with a solo project

* R-SHITEI will release a single called 静脈内毒

On 12/15/2018 at 1:23 AM, suji said:

k*saki will still get away with his crimes...👮‍♀️

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄 

3 hours ago, Wakarimashita said:

* DELUHI coming back full time after the insane success of their revival & best of album #2

* NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST will find one (or two) new guitarists & will release a new single mid year

* the GazettE will release a couple of singles

* KIZU will finally release a full length album

* CHOKE will go on hiatus

* Akane will come back with a solo project

* R-SHITEI will release a single called 静脈内毒

Funny that you say that, akane just tweeted about recording songs with vocaroo lmao

Edited by Aferni

* NOi'X will disband.

* Insanity Injection new songs under MMR and will disband.

* Mikansei Alice will release a full album (-please stop this-)

* Ziggrat will release a few of limited things.

* La'veil MizeriA album will be Frankenstein.

* BABY I LOVE YOU will disband.

* BIDOH (ex. ELYSION) will back (Please, just back dear)

* A lot of "old bands" will drop with one-day revival shows.

⬢  either fuckinkatsuya joins NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST or starts his own band

⬢  nokubura or babymetal pls hire seiya (ex.dvlf). The kid is answering twitter questions full time right now.

⬢  cazqui has sexual reassignment surgery

Edited by helcchi

• Kizu drops another single, followed by an album
  • DIMLIM continues to be underappreciated and faces some setbacks, doesn't disband but 2020 looking dire
  • Ayabie follows up their comeback concerts with a full revival that doesn't go anywhere, releases a couple of disappointing singles a la Lolita 23q and quietly disbands again
  • Nostalgia for oshare continues, new bands start emulating worst parts of that trend and a couple of nobodies from 10+ years ago try and milk the trend by reviving unwanted projects
  • Halfway decent band with promise gets brought over for their first oversea show, at an american anime con, they announce disbandment on the way to america.
  • BABOO vocalist comes back as a solo artist, concept is full on adult-diaper fantasy
  • Jin's new band is met with even more passive reactions than tbs, after 10+ years of frustration he stops singing and starts working behind the scenes
  • Kisaki's reputation becomes so tarnished no one works with him, so he doubles down on the fraud leading to actual consequences

🦑Vocalist from BABOO will show up in a new band

🦑BABYMETAL as we know it disbands

🦑Su Metal solo project 

🦑xaa-xaa has three month consecutive releases

🦑XJAPAN album will drop, even if its on Dec 31st 23:59

🦑DIMLIM will have a style shift to gain more fans (if the rumours are true...) 

🦑 DIMLIM plays at an overseas festival (well, they're playing in Mexico in 2020)

🦑 8PSB reaches PEAK levels of cringe. That's right, we haven't seen the worst of it... (the whole richardland concept was pretty cringy) 

🦑I predict that the cringe will culminate on a Valentine's day project/release

🦑 Meto will participate in one music project, but essentially drops out of the scene (he's in Liraizo. I'm late to the party) 

🦑 Another Kisaki scandal

🦑Dir En Grey drops one single 

🦑Sukekiyo will bless us with another album and... 

🦑😔Sukekiyo European tour on the latter half of the year💦

🦑Mathilda goes strong. Blesses us with a mini album

🦑ORCALADE will officially disband. Perhaps one single will be released before the announcement 

🦑DADAROMA releases one more sex themed single. The Anal, maybe? 

🦑Pentagon's identity is becoming warped by the minute. By the end of the year there'll be neither spooks nor idol looks, but a higher budget Initial'L

🦑Wild Card prediction for lols. Arlequin gets new vocalist. Or disbands because of Aki. Or maybe a hiatus 🤔

🦑GRIMOIRE disbands

🦑The VK sphere will be shaken up by a newcomer band

🦑DEZERT may surprise us with a heavy single. However, they'll be quiet for most of the year (black hole was better than just a heavy single) 

🦑There'll be some worrying news related to Kiryu

🦑 It's the end of Lack-Co. 

🦑Gosan vs Sick2

🦑Sick. give up, we collectively sigh in relief

🦑Yoshiki X Miyavi collab. One of them will also collab with will.i.am

• キズ plays Budokan
  • DIMLIM fails to attract an audience; one-man at O-WEST flops and they decide to call it quits early 2020
  • NoGoD either goes silent most of the year or disbands
  • MIYAVI gets another relatively big acting gig in the west
  • 手鞠 ressurects art-kei with a new band; Hitomi might give up on ウミユリ and form a full-time band as well
  • New lynch. scandal occurs, this time 晁直 is arrested selling molly to underage gya
  • No one that's alive from Kagrra, returns for another year
  • Ains puts together a new band, this time paying tribute to LUNA SEA
  • Some nobody band releases the biggest AOTY of the scene only to disband months later
  • 砂月 plays at a specific sewage system spot in Luxembourg, gets sick by rat bites and cancels rest of activities for the year
  • heidi. kaisans
  • マチルダ disbands before June
Edited by saishuu

-Yuuga randomly comes back for a weird, inaccessible and time-limited, escapade

-Someone who doesn't really have a following decides they should go solo

-Starwave further extends their reach by signing visual-adjacent / not really visual acts while slowly killing off their current lineups

-Poidol does well but people still forget about them

-New Zombi album

-More in-fighting with Jupiter, but they still drop a big release regardless

-Riku tries again (Chariots revival? Solo act? New "violent art project?" Who knows!!!)

-Menhera catches the attention of Twitter and I have to sift through a bunch of hot takes about it

-R-shitei release their 2nd good song

-Mamireta breakup before November

-In spite of how "ground breaking" and "innovate" diru-adjacent sweethearts Kizu and Dimlim seem on this board, they never break 10k sales

-D'erlanger have the seal on their crypt broken again

-A new oyaji band forms and no one is impressed (think Nil under rain or Trick)

-Noah (ex-Avanchick) returns to the visual scene after realizing he really isn't all that

-What's his face from Bataar takes my bait on facebook and accosts me again

-More bands start embracing digital streaming services and stop relying on the same 10 girls to buy all their merch to stay afloat

-A new Lynch. album that doesn't stray far from Gallows

-Some bizarre Drag Race x Visual-kei crossover

-Someone from Kuroyuri to Kage makes a comeback, but everyone complains that it was the wrong member to do so

-GLK Records bands continue to be a hot mess

-Frantic Emiry release a new single or mini-album

-PSC closes or turns into something unrelated to vkei.

-Kra goes missing