Velle

VK bands you just can't stand?

That’s a tough question. For one, unlike what some might think I’m such a huge fan of vk that I can find something to enjoy in almost everything with varying degrees of guilt involved in the affair, and second, I just can’t find myself being driven to the point of disgust by anything going in the scene these days just because no individual band or event really matters or makes a difference anymore; it’s just all so irrelevant now. After this DEZERT menhera wave just repackaged the early 2010’s neon coloured mediocrity into new retro dreads ( literally some of these old royzcore bands jumped ship ) I’ve lost all hope for anything that interesting to happen, other than singular events of decent bands being decent and chugging along to a good run of a couple of releases, like say Kizu or Rands as of late. All that’s left in vk is to sink with the ship and watch it slowly fade after successive minor aesthetic morphosis taking place decade by decade, dissappearing out of sight into the dustbin as they disconnect my future 7D internet at the retirement home.

Back in the day I had a bit of hostility towards bands that had made clear attempts at having lamestream market appeal with a totally limp style like Girugamesh, D’espairsray and the rest of them, but one might as well fight against windmills rather than getting all hot and bothered about aging rockers losing touch and dignity whilst having bills to pay. If I was still to name something that can trigger me a bit, it’s late visual kei’s take on power metal like Jupiter that’s so excruciatingly awful that it makes me happy that at least all of us are going to die eventually and the heat death of the universe will make sure that there will be no one left on earth to play shitty music like that. Another thing are some of these very flashy bands that dazzle all the twelve year olds out there like Leda in Deluhi did to a degree, or Jiluka for example out of the contemporaries, but then again I can also listen to both these bands at any given moment just because I’m ridiculously biased towards the visual kei sound.

Edited by Disposable

For me it would be Royz and Mejibray. I listened to them and was not impressed and I think I read something about a Royz member that turned me off from them but can't remember what.

2 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Well they were immensely popular in the west during 2004-2006, and started to wane a bit during their sound change around 2008 or so.

I can confirm they have fallen off the map here in 2019, so I wouldn't be surprised if they call it quits after the best of album they are releasing.

I have no band that I can't stand anymore. It used to be Mejibray but prayers were answered lol.

Yeah A9 fell off after they started to shed their visual kei image. I think they're independent again which was kinda encouraging since becoming major somehow made them become so bland. Haven't listened to any of their recent stuff lately but might check out their best of album.

39 minutes ago, Disposable said:

That’s a tough question. For one, unlike what some might think I’m such a huge fan of vk that I can find something to enjoy in almost everything with varying degrees of guilt involved in the affair, and second, I just can’t find myself being driven to the point of disgust by anything going in the scene these days just because no individual band or event really matters or makes a difference anymore; it’s just all so irrelevant now. After this DEZERT menhera wave just repackaged the early 2010’s neon coloured mediocrity into new retro dreads ( literally some of these old royzcore bands jumped ship ) I’ve lost all hope for anything that interesting to happen, other than singular events of decent bands being decent and chugging along to a good run of a couple of releases, like say Kizu or Rands as of late. All that’s left in vk is to sink with the ship and watch it slowly fade after successive minor aesthetic morphosis taking place decade by decade, dissappearing out of sight into the dustbin as they disconnect my future 7D internet at the retirement home.

Back in the day I had a bit of hostility towards bands that had made clear attempts at having lamestream market appeal with a totally limp style like Girugamesh, D’espairsray and the rest of them, but one might as well fight against windmills rather than getting all hot and bothered about aging rockers losing touch and dignity whilst having bills to pay. If I was still to name something that can trigger me a bit, it’s late visual kei’s take on power metal like Jupiter that’s so excruciatingly awful that it makes me happy that at least all of us are going to die eventually and the heat death of the universe will make sure that there will be no one left on earth to play shitty music like that. Another thing are some of these very flashy bands that dazzle all the twelve year olds out there like Leda in Deluhi did to a degree, or Jiluka for example out of the contemporaries, but then again I can also listen to both these bands at any given moment just because I’m ridiculously biased towards the visual kei sound.

I want you to have a long and awesome debate with @Zeus over the fate of VK in the next ten years.