Velle

VK bands you just can't stand?

I totally hate Royz, their music is boring shit wit too much autotune. And I cant stand Subaru’s personality, he’s so annoying and big headed 

every time someone say Subaru is their fav vocalist I wonder if they are deaf or smth 

they are weakest band in BPR and I honestly don’t get it why do they have any fans

I'm not entirely sure if people here think highly of them and I'm not familiar with their other stuff but the new grimoire mini was an absolute snoozefest of a release, literally almost fell asleep listening to it on the way to work

''menhera kei'' & its fanbase are mostly ass,  those fans oughta be spending the dosh they spend on buying every separate version of their mystery band faves' new single on getting actual proper help instead of tryna use kawaii jrockers w/ dubious musical skills as some kinda alternative medicine

Alice Nine. I have hated Shou forever, he can't sing and sounds like a dying seal. Also anything with Kisaki in it, he's such a jerk. 

On 1/4/2019 at 10:35 PM, saiko said:

Oh yeah, I also hate that part of the West DEG fandom that born with Uroboros... They totally drive me crazy.

How come the West Deg fandom drive you crazy? I'm really interested in knowing.

I've seen a few more people mentioning how they can't stand DEG fans and i don't get it :0

Edited by FOSCOR70

Just now, FOSCOR70 said:

How come the West Deg fandom drive you crazy? I'm really interested in knowing :0

I've seen a few more people mentioning how they can't stand DEG fans and i don't get it :0

I explained it earlier, but it's because the fanbase from the west that came with Uroboros, are often from the western heavy metal scene, usually Deathcore fans, and often feel the need to shit on Vkei, just because they wear makeup, because according to them, a band that looks good automatically has shit skills (by that logic, the best bands shouldn't have basic hygiene lol). They act all stuck up because their favourite bands "aren't fags". 

Jokes on them, because Diru wears makeup again. 

Ironically, a lot of these people also HATE Nu Metal, despite  a lot of songs on Uroboros being straight up way more Korn inspired than even Vulgar.

J-rock as a whole has one of the worst fandoms of all genres.

2 hours ago, AimiGen7 said:

Ironically, a lot of these people also HATE Nu Metal, despite  a lot of songs on Uroboros being straight up way more Korn inspired than even Vulgar.

I fail to see why people compare DeG to Korn so much (that could apply to the whole claims on DeG becoming "westernized" with time since I don't really think they particularly sound like any western band at all). The Korniest thing they ever did was the original "Obscure".

16 minutes ago, kuyashii said:

I fail to see why people compare DeG to Korn so much (that could apply to the whole claims on DeG becoming "westernized" with time since I don't really think they particularly sound like any western band at all). The Korniest thing they ever did was the original "Obscure".

The Unraveling has a lot of Korn influence, as well a lot more songs on Vulgar, such as Marmalade Chainsaw and songs on Uroboros like "Doukoku To Sarinu"

Dir en grey, Gazette, Mejibray ... and I also never checked out most of the well known bands too 🤷‍♀️

Miyavi, great guitarist but i can't stand his show-off and smug attitude. I only liked him in Due'le quartz. 

Gazette, used to obsess over them in highschool(my 'gateway' band), but now i find Ruki's vocal style too nasal 

Most of the deathcore types, i don't like how they brought the generic 'western' chugchug br00tal style of guitar  playinginto visual rock, along with the deathcore fanbase who have no clue what visual kei is nor do they respect the style.

On 2/2/2019 at 6:24 PM, FOSCOR70 said:

How come the West Deg fandom drive you crazy? I'm really interested in knowing.

They drive me crazy too and I am a western DEG fan. haha. I guess I didn't have any problem with them until about six months ago when I saw them in London, got the VIP pass and oh my god..... I have never been so cringed out in all my life. They literally were acting like little kids who have never been to a gig or met a band in their entire lives, running from room to room so they could be there "first" and constantly screaming, trying to tell security how to do their jobs and generally were being a complete rabble of idiots. Obviously, this isn't everyone, but there were a LOT of people like this. Also those people who literally everything they are wearing or is attached to them is Dir merch, dir shirt, dir trousers, dir bag, dir tie, dir underwear probably.... etc... Not that there is anything wrong with band merch, but that is a little OTT and just looks lame. Oh and I can't forget the one girl who stood in front of me (with her backpack on the floor....moron) texting a mate on whatsapp asking her mate "how can I declare my love for Kaoru from the second row" and bad mouthing his wife simply because she's his wife. It was pathetic. Last point is how the audience were screaming and shouting the entire way through the gig, like they have some slow, pretty melancholic songs and these people are just screaming every chance they get, like, c'mon absorb the vibes here, do you actually feel Dir's music at all? Safe to say I would never do a VIP experience for a Japanese band again, not because of the arrangements or lack of content but just the other fans totally ruined it.

Sticking to the topic:

Bands  I can't really stand are JIGSAW, actually were really cool to watch live but don't enjoy their studio work at all and have given it plenty of chance. And same as some of you guys already mentioned, any band that have that overly colourful look and are just pop basically, like Vivarush for example. Only exception to this is The Raid, not all their stuff though, only things I own by them are when they've gone for a darker sound such as Omen and 弟切草. Also, any band that has the Versailles, hyper, power metal style vibe, makes me wanna throw-up. haha.

NAZARE. Their songs are a complete mess and just to top it all off, they have petulant crybaby Issei in the line-up. I can separate the art from the artist (as long as they haven't done anything too nefarious), but he just adds insult to injury, IMO.

The Gazette - their songs sound the same to me. Not like I've heard all of them but it's just too boring to listen to them

0.1g gosan - I think the reasons quite obvious lol 

Kirawaremono - I just don't understand why they have fans. Absolutely can't stand the vocals.

Also I really don't like these tons of menhera stylistic bands that are copying each other though they still won't stay active for very long time I guess

On 2/2/2019 at 12:38 PM, RaeDesu said:

Alice Nine. I have hated Shou forever, he can't sing and sounds like a dying seal. Also anything with Kisaki in it, he's such a jerk. 

I wouldn't say I can't stand Alice Nine, but yes, Shou can't sing.

i don't think i've literally ever really enjoyed anything w/ that vocalist dude from Born / Razor in it, though that one kool aid dracula man song by born inexplicably ended up in my head somehow anyway

On 2/2/2019 at 10:38 AM, RaeDesu said:

It's true that Shou can't sing but I do enjoy the overall melody of the band. 😂

Well, while we're on the subject of Alice Nine, I won't say I absolutely hate them but I will say they're very overrated. I just never saw the appeal, personally.

4 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Well, while we're on the subject of Alice Nine, I won't say I absolutely hate them but I will say they're very overrated. I just never saw the appeal, personally.

Well they were immensely popular in the west during 2004-2006, and started to wane a bit during their sound change around 2008 or so.

I can confirm they have fallen off the map here in 2019, so I wouldn't be surprised if they call it quits after the best of album they are releasing.

I have no band that I can't stand anymore. It used to be Mejibray but prayers were answered lol.

I loved Alice Nine's first releases - 祇園盛者の鐘が鳴る and 華想夢想紙 were big faves of mine back in the day, but I remember almost nothing after that (except that song that uses the Lufia 2 battle them as the chorus melody...). Saw a picture of them in a magazine recently and had to double take - full on boy band realness now, eh?

Not sure if I can actively think of any current bands I can't stand, but the whole oshare-kei phase in general was just really...not for me.

Edited by nomemorial