Velle

VK bands you just can't stand?

What are visual kei bands (or musician on their own) that you can't stand? And why?

Here's mine :

An Cafe - I just find the' annoying. I can't explain why. 

Royz - originally I just didn't like their music style but I eventually read things about the members that gave me a dreadful opinion of them. Problem is I can't remember what I read! But to this day, I still can't stand them.

Anything involving Kiwamu- You can assume why.

I second the hate for most colorful bands. Can't stand them, especially An Cafe. I also can't stand X Japan. Their music isn't terrible, but their fans treat them like the second coming of jesus when in reality they sound just like any other western 80's metal band. This triggers a special kind of annoyance whenever I hear them. Also I hate Versailles and anything Kamijo does. 

Kiryu - irrational hatred, i just can't stand Mitsuki

SID -  boring
Kra -  boring

THE MICRO HEAD 4N'S - tragically boring

0.1g no gosan - boring and douchey

anything with Mashiro in it - Mashiro sucks

edited to shout out:

not - the only band i've seen that sucked so bad that literally everyone sat down for them

Edited by cvltic

+1 on Mejibray tbh, they were terrible and so is their fandumb. I also can't stand Pentagon, 0.1 no Gosan, LA bate (REAL garbage tbh), The Raid, BP Records bands, and other pop bands. Also, I'd like to give Dir en grey a chance, but I can't help but get annoyed whenever I see anything about them, especially their even dumber fans.

also Lycaon.....my younger vk noob self is c a c k l i n g at what they've become now 😈😈😈

0.1 no gosan - they are nasty

Modern Dir en Grey - i liked them, when they were visual, but nowadays Kyo just can't sing anymore

Tensai - they suck on so many levels

Maria Cross - ear cancer 

D and lynch.  It's the same issue with both bands; almost all their songs sound the same to me.  I don't think they're awful but I can't listen to more than one songs by these bands without getting super bored 

(Seconding the Mejibray love, although I know  it’s an acquired taste. Still miss them so bad though.)

Gallo. I’ve tried their music, didn’t like it. I’ve seen them live, didn’t like it. I don’t really like anything about them tbh, just not my thing. There’s more, but this is a big one that comes to mind since there’s just no escaping it on my timeline LOL

not quite what OP meant probably since i don't actually dislike the music, but i often can't stand listening to early 12012 (and a bunch of other UCP bands) just because their production physically hurts my ears

Far east dizain, not only for the music but also their name is stupid. The raid, the vocalist makes me feel irrational anger. 

Anything with mashiro in it +1.

Versailles, boring and over produced. 

All the currently active girl bands, they produce the most uninspired music, unfortunately. 

7 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

I can't stand 3/4 of the new vk bands that debuts every year. Most of new bands just suck. (and mejibray is good)

I second this. To me, the majority just seem to sound the same as each other or are clearly coping an older band/artist. 

They lack charisma 

14 hours ago, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

I also can't stand X Japan. Their music isn't terrible, but their fans treat them like the second coming of jesus when in reality they sound just like any other western 80's metal band.

This.

I can't stand the Raid. Used to like them but quickly got annoyed with it's members. Never liked Golden Bomber and never will. Also generic opinion, but I can't stand Mejibray and Gazette. I agree with what everyone here is saying about 0.1 no gosan.  Also sorry, but I don't like lynch.

Also have irrational dislike for Satoshi (ex. DIV, Laplus). Idk, why.

Edited by ShTon