Velle

Hello everyone!

Hello, I'm Velle

Please comment with a hello and tell me who your favourite bands are! 

I've been binge reading the forums the last couple of days so I've finally decided to join. 

I got into VK when I was 14 and was behind a 'popular' tumblr blog for Jrock a couple of years ago. I've missed the community, so sad to see it seems to have shrunk while I haven't been paying attention.

I guess I joined partly to find more people interested In the same music as me, but also to find out about the people and the scene I worshipped in my teen years. I'm beginning to learn that it wasn't/isn't as perfectly polished as I had believed (I supposed I was wearing rose tinted glasses)

nice to meet you all!

1 minute ago, chipathy said:

yoooooooo nice to have you here

besides obvious stuff like dir en grey and gazette my current faves are Kizu, Dimlim, Dadaroma, Razor, RShitei, Munou na Lucid, and Mamireta

I forgot about R Shitei. I'll have to find some songs to reminisce to 😊

Hello! Welcome to MH! I agree that it's sad to see the community shrink, but on the bright side, I'm glad it's still around ^^ If you have any questions, just ask around :glitter:

What are your favorite VK bands/artist? 

9 minutes ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Hello! Welcome to MH! I agree that it's sad to see the community shrink, but on the bright side, I'm glad it's still around ^^ If you have any questions, just ask around :glitter:

What are your favorite VK bands/artist? 

Thank you!

Nightmare, Screw, and X Japan. I need to refind all my old favourites.

what are yours?

Just now, Velle said:

Thank you!

Nightmare, Screw, and X Japan. I need to refind all my old favourites.

what are yours?

Oh, nice! Screw is also one of my big favorites~ I'm still so sad that they disbanded ;w; At least Jin and Byou have come back in a new band, so it's somewhat of a nice relief ^^ Do you remember what your favorite songs are from Screw? Nightmare is also a cool band. They were one of the first groups I discovered when I first got into VK.

My other favorites includes D'espairRays, Diaura, Vidoll, and Kagrra. I also like some of the newer bands, but I still have to listen to more of their songs, lol.

2 minutes ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Oh, nice! Screw is also one of my big favorites~ I'm still so sad that they disbanded ;w; At least Jin and Byou have come back in a new band, so it's somewhat of a nice relief ^^ Do you remember what your favorite songs are from Screw? Nightmare is also a cool band. They were one of the first groups I discovered when I first got into VK.

My other favorites includes D'espairRays, Diaura, Vidoll, and Kagrra. I also like some of the newer bands, but I still have to listen to more of their songs, lol.

Fugly has been a favourite since it's a release.

I still haven't properly listened to KHRYST+. What song would you recommend?

Nightmare was one of my first as well. I believe it was Nightmare, SUG, Alice Nine and VAMPS(I think?). Who came first, I don't know.

I've always known of Vidoll but I don't think I've ever tried listening to them. I have a faint memory of planning to and then listening to Vani;lla (sp?) instead 😂

@Velle Oh, cool. Alice Nine was another one I first discovered alongside Nightmare. 

As for KHRYST, I'd recommend the 螺旋階段 (Rasen Taidan) and REDRUM songs. A friend of mine really likes the Don't be Silly one, so that's another one to give a shot. I'd love to know your thoughts on it when you listen to it ^^

I feel you there. There are so many bands to listen to, and sometimes I forget to listen to a particular band on accident, lol. I've heard of Vani;lla, but I've never had a chance to listen to their music.

If you can, you should listen to some of Vidoll's music. I'm completely biased, but I think their songs are pretty good ^^; I'd recommend their Deathmate (mini-album) and their Very Important Doll (album). It has some of their best songs on there.