CAT5

Philosophy Dichotomy Test!

Hey, guys. Tried this for fun recently, and thought it might also be fun to share with everyone here! So if you've got about 10 mins to spare, click the link below and post your results!

Find out how you stand along many philosophical dichotomies from egoism and altruism to skepticism and absolutism.

http://www.dichotomytests.com/test.html?id=0

Here's what I got:

IXHeZdZ.png

Post your results!

Almost-neutral for a lot of categories, which I kind of expected

hrCGFe6l.jpg

ETA, why the hell is the website telling people to subscribe to pewdiepie? 🤨

I am pretty well rounded for the most part, though I'd consider myself a little more moralistic than nihilistic and a little less Hedonistic and more Asceticistic. Though, a lot of the questions were a bit too black-and-white lol

Spoiler

47366350_312289246038591_916651829633220

1 hour ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Is skeptic romanticism like

Them: ur hot

You: umm..... think again sweetie???????? 

precisely

Materialism vs Spiritualism

45.0% 55.0%

Egoism vs Altruism

62.1% 37.9%

Idealism vs Pragmatism

44.7% 55.3%

Hedonism vs Asceticism

61.4% 38.6%

Nihilism vs Moralism

60.0% 40.0%

Rationalism vs Romanticism

55.2% 44.8%

Skepticism vs Absolutism

50.0% 50.0%

Is that last icon your result, or is it the same for everyone? Because mine says humanism. Ended up with a bit more in spiritualism than I would have expected, but I guess that's because it's weighed against all the questions about money, and I can't say being rich has ever been a big priority.

qzlpw3.jpg

45 minutes ago, violetchain said:

Is that last icon your result, or is it the same for everyone? Because mine says humanism. Ended up with a bit more in spiritualism than I would have expected, but I guess that's because it's weighed against all the questions about money, and I can't say being rich has ever been a big priority.

Yea, just pulled mine up and my logo refers to "Epicureanism". Neat.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

10 hours ago, violetchain said:

Yeah, I got 'monotheism'. Which is actually more or less accurate for me depending on how you look at it. Wouldn't read TOO much into the results tho.

5 hours ago, nekkichi said:

what a weird way to spell "Russian" x

:lol:

4 hours ago, togz said:

These are vastly different results than what i would have scored even a year ago...

👀

Like most people, I'm pretty much neutral or thereabouts with everything. I can't show you the picture (for some reason, Monochrome Heaven doesn't like it when I link pictures from Imgur and it doesn't have an option to upload -_-), but here are my results:

Materialism (47.7%)/Spiritualism (52.3%)

Egoism (47.9%)/Altruism (52.1%)

Idealism (52.2%)/Pragmatism (47.8%)

Hedonism (54.3%)/Asceticism (45.7%)

Nihilism (46%)/Moralism (54%)

Rationalism (41.4%)/Romanticism(58.6%)

Skepticism (60.4%)/Absolutism (39.6%)

Lol, pretty funny to be doing this test after playing some Socrates quests in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, wherein Socrates asks me stuff like whether or not this poor guy should be arrested for stealing a horse (that he needs for farm work to support his family) from a rich guy who has tons of horses. For the record, I chose to let the poor guy go free.

I don't know a lot about philosophy in general, so I'm not sure how to interpret this.. I am reminded of that time I did a political spectrum test, and I probably misunderstood some questions because it identified me as an authoritarian communist..

Untitled.jpg

How are people getting the icons at the bottom? I got nothing. Maybe I don't lean strongly enough in any direction.