The Piass

MUCC will release a new album called 『壊れたピアノとリビングデッド』 !

I feel like Shion released like last week. If anything is like Fuzz...yes please!

Edit: Also TIMER just cured my depression.

Edited by Paraph

On 12/24/2018 at 6:48 AM, Spectralion said:

So it is a mini album. 

Bummer. 

Well, not really. Myakuhaku had 14 songs, including 4 singles which have been released beforehand which makes 10 new songs only.

I prefer bands releasing a shorter album and no singles actually.

On 1/13/2019 at 5:22 AM, TrentReznor said:

Is weird they release this as indies too...

Their self cover albums, the tribute album and Jigen Bakudan has been released under MSHN already, so I'm not surprised. Seems like their contract with Sony expired.

12 hours ago, midnightskywalker said:

Well, not really. Myakuhaku had 14 songs, including 4 singles which have been released beforehand which makes 10 new songs only.

I prefer bands releasing a shorter album and no singles actually.

Their self cover albums, the tribute album and Jigen Bakudan has been released under MSHN already, so I'm not surprised. Seems like their contract with Sony expired.

But usually those selfcover things they also release them as indies before...but in the meantime their Live DVD/BR and music videos DVD/BR were with Sony...maybe their 3 months break was because of contractual issues who knows.

Most recording contracts are for a number of albums, so it's likely the contract expired and one side or the other didn't wish to resign. It's also likely they took the time off because they filled their obligation to Sony and were free to do what they pleased for a little while. Looks like they're also taking advantage of being indie and doing some weirder stuff than they could do on the big label. Either way, it doesn't look like it's stopping them. 

Edited by doombox

For example a 4 songs single (+1 a live version) for  2100 yens with a digital video...i would say is overpriced the same 3000 for a 9 songs "mini album" with no DVD or anything. Maybe now they are indies...but are big band with enough resources and these release appear quite high in the oricon or similar, is not like those indies bands that will sell 50-100 units...anywas I guess we will not agree in this, so lets just hope the coming album is good :grin:

On 1/24/2019 at 9:51 AM, TrentReznor said:

The only bad thing is their indie (physical) releases usually are a bit overpriced compared to the major ones...

I think it's a really reasonable price, especially for an indie release.

Also you have to consider that a Sony release would have looked like this:

Regular version: Songs only

A Version: Songs + DVD

B Version: Songs + Bonus Track 1

C Version: Songs + Bonus Track 2

D Version: Songs + Piece of Tata's boxershorts ....

When they mentioned it's gonna be 'experimental' and 'jazzy' I expected something different... This literally sounds like usual MUCC. Not bad by any means tho. :D 

Edited by Jigsaw9

Half of them sounds really nice.. 😅I hope the heavier tracks are at least 5min long.And it seems that the first track is an instrumental.So there's "only" 8 new tracks..

From Myakuhaku I only liked E.M.P very very much.

Edited by TatsuSan

カウントダウン sounds like a variation on Utagoe, lol. Will try out the album when it comes but I don't expect much, they've consistently disappointed me with all newly written material for the past ten years.

ripping off a dozen VK trends and saucing those with an embarrassing polka intro much experimental so groundbreaking

積想 sounds like a merry cover, in the shadows is serving post-l'arc en ciel hyde with dropped guitar tuning and last track is v nice but all of it literally sounds like someone else already recorded same songs but better

the Asagi sanging tone she's attempting in ヴァンパイア is hilar tbh

1 hour ago, Jigsaw9 said:

When they mentioned it's gonna be 'experimental' and 'jazzy' I expected something different... This literally sounds like usual MUCC. Not bad by any means tho. :D 

yeah lol I was expecting something a little more experimental like their b-sides back in the day

samples don't sound bad. I can tell "Living Dead" is probably gonna be my favorite song on the album

Countdown is fucking garbage, but everything else sounds pretty good. I expect them to be better than those demo tracks from last year and that Time Bomb single.

I've been into VK for many years and I never really cared about MUCC, but this sounds surprisingly good. Guess all the hanging out with DEZERT did these guys some good.

"サイコ" leaves me with a strong "déjà vu" feeling from other songs from them...not what I was expecting neither. Maybe all the experimentation and jazz is in  "壊れたピアノ"...

I hear literally nothing of this promised  jazzy/experimental direction in any of these samples at all, like @Jigsaw9 said, this just straight up sounds like usual nu-Mucc to me. What the fuck is it with vk bands thinking that slapping just 1 or 2 tracks with a piano or violin on it into the mix equals 'dude we're experimental now cuz we're not just doing heavy stuff!'? 

Available on Spotify in Japan, and probably soon for the rest of the world:

It's not too Jazzy, but it is rather heavy. Dare I say, heavier than 脈拍? All in all, a solid album! My thoughts so far:

1. 壊れたピアノ: it's that 'creepy' piano melody from the preview vid
  2. サイコ: the verse sounds like a heavier パノラマ, punky chorus, great breakdown in the middle, great fast MUCC heaviness
  3. アイリス: a bit slower, has a cool surf-y intro, but 'reggae' verses that I FUCKING LOATHE, everything else is good though 😒
  4. ヴァンパイア: It's kind of bland, just a typical piano ballad. One of the more jazzy songs, so i'll give it credit there
  5. In the shadows: not sure how I feel about the rapping here, but everything else is great, back to slow MUCC heaviness, ffo EMP
  6. 積想: And we've got another ballad. This one is beautiful, just fucking beautiful, this is where they bring out all the strings.
  7. 百合と翼: ZERO jazz here, but I love the main riff here, I can't think of much to say other than that it's a cool song
  8. カウントダウン: the chorus is utagoe garbage and the verses are generic mid 2000's fast MUCC. Why did this song have to be the longest?
  9. Living Dead: great piano melody, great "slow grand finale" feel to it

If you love MUCC unconditionally, you will  L O V E  this album

If 脈拍 was not heavy enough for you, I think you'll like this

If you expect cali≠gari level avant-garde, wtf-ery experimentation, you will be disappointed