-NOVA-

New Band "ARTiCLEAR" (ex- THE BLACK SWAN & SCREW)

15 hours ago, chipathy said:

I still wonder how issei finds these newbie vocalists lmao

In the "I wish i was akane" box

Edited by Aferni

16 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

I think this Jin thing is simply a matter of talent. He just can't come up with something truly memorable. Sho (DIMLIM) for example, he's not even half a decade in the scene,and each track  so far had a chorus to die for.

here, the catchy chorus your ears are craving

Black swan had its moments and I fuck with early Nega too. There’s just something that’s this pervasive mediocrity when it comes to Jin. His dedication to the art I don’t doubt for a second so I like him as a person, but aside from classic pre-first lp Nega material I find him only palatable in small doses. All the best to the guy nonetheless the riffs on this sounded fine so who knows what will happen – although I have a hunch and expect the same ’ol

Edited by Disposable

I don't mind Jin but I get the impression that he's the type of person who has a strong vision that he tries hard to achieve, but he just doesn't know what to do in order to achieve it, and maybe he tries to do all the important things on his own.  I thought Nega was decent but I never liked them enough when they were still around.  I really liked The Black Swan though, maybe more than most people, but I mostly liked them for the instruments and songwriting in that regard.  For this band I am hoping that Jin will get it right this time and will let the other band members take charge of direction too.

I don't really like Jin's voice at all, but there was actually some signs of improvement from the Nega years on TBS (he still couldn't scream, no matter how he tried). His voice is just weird, his low singing has no ressonance and his high singing is so strained and forced (what is he? A tenor without highs or a baritone without lows?), but I don't really mind hearing him sing if the music isn't bad.

It's one of the things I regret the most in this life but once I listened to Nega's entire discography and liked just 7 songs (I liked their "The Blossoming Beelzebub" ripoff, was curious to hear if there were more stuff that I'd like :P ). My biggest problem with them is that they are absolutely all over the place, there is absolutely no cohesion on their sound AT ALL and in the end they failed to have something you could call "their sound". They had the ultra sappy 80's anime EDs that failed to present any actual emotional depth and the edgy angry metal stuff that didn't go anywhere. Don't get me wrong, variation isn't a problem and I'm not really a fan of one-dimensional bands, but I think they really failed to create something attention-grabbing at all the styles they tried to (with a few exceptions). Really dug The Black Swan though, but mostly because the instrumentation was closer to a style I like (the Dir en Grey meets Versailles thing was great)and the compositions were much stronger. Didn't really liked much any of their post-Ousia stuff though.

from 2:50 pv starts looking amazing, except that photoshopped thing on 3:25 and a violin that looks stupid as no violin can be heard. the song is okay, but it sounds too plain.

that  black-haired guitarist tho

I'm happy with the way this song sounds, even though it's slow paced and a little boring.  I think the instruments sound great and I especially like the part at around 1:40 - 2:00.  I like the lower harsh vocals in this song and I hope Jin uses those more over his high pitched screaming, but I don't have high hopes for that... I suppose the latter is just his thing at this point.  

This song is seriously giving me NEGA (the later years). A bit tired sounding, but I'd rather take this over another TBS-ish band.

edit: LMAO I completely forgot we already had a song by these guys. That one was terrible, this one was okay, so dunno what to expect anymore really... xDDD

Edited by Jigsaw9

Nicccceeeeee. But those lyrics are a hot mess but i love that he's trying to translate it on his own. Ily Jin ❤️

Its one of those slow starts its kinda nice but id like to see the brutal sht soon:headbang: hahaha:rawk::drums:

This is an ok mix not too amazing but i know jin can do better time will tell.

The new song is pretty good. Longer than necessary, but better than anything TBS tried to do after OUSIA.

Is it just me, though, or does Jin's voice sound worse every year?

1 hour ago, Seimeisen said:

It actually sounded like a breath of fresh air to me (and I never thought I'd ever say that about Jin's voice, lol). Pretty much the same as always imo.

2 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

The new song is pretty good. Longer than necessary, but better than anything TBS tried to do after OUSIA.

He needs to keep his voice in the lower registers. Right where his range begins to peak into falsetto, it gets really grating. His screams in this song are dope though.

The song isn't that bad. Was kinda enjoying it until the vocals kicked in lol (the lower growls are pretty decent though!). It's a tad overlong and I feel like the build up to the heavy parts were better than them alone. Kinda getting a stronger Nega than TBS vibe from it too. I'm not really sold on them yet, but it's better than the first song.

What was it with the translated subtitles though? 

6 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

He needs to keep his voice in the lower registers. Right where his range begins to peak into falsetto, it gets really grating. His screams in this song are dope though.

Really? I personally hate his high screams, but his falsetto is neat when it is used as subtle backing vocals (like the "who am I" part). He can't sing with a clean head/mixed voice though.

Better than the first song... yeah maybe. The song is a too long to me. Why not after all. I'm happy to hear JIN again but... I don't know, I hope their sound will be more interresting.