merchenticneurosis

Finnish rock bands with VK elements

Hey guys! Really wanted to create this topic since me and a bunch of friends have came to the conclusion that local "ordinary" (non-vk) rock music has alot of various visual kei elements and sounds. One of the main reasons are that Finnish and Japanese are pronounced pretty similarly (same as theyre written)

Tell me what you think, i'm posting the links/comparions down below!

To start off, here we have some MUCC vibes! The first song has some Tatsurou vocals for sure and i think if this would be

switched to japanese it could also be nagoya kei or so, lol.

tumblr_inline_oudof6ySGm1rcyhm9_540.jpg

Following up, we have some Kagerou. We even have the infamous "PRRRRRR"-sound in the middle, brings me old Vidoll or Puppet Mammy to mind.

Kuolleet Intiaanit is disbanded art rock band that never gave any interviews and their liveshows were kind of "theatre" or cabaret-esque.

Following songs are translated as "in the middle of the fire" and "nightmare...?"

18-a.jpg

Next we have some local pop/rock singer which the elder people are fond of. This is so LAREINE for me, tbh.

Prove me wrong, he's even sitting on a piano and got da moves right.

250?cb=20071227003601

This i can't pinpoint in any way to a specific band since it's like pop-punk rock but the opening guitar solo could be a banger for a vk song.

There are many more but i will try to update this once i actually find the songs & comparisons, lol. 

Opinions are appreciated!

1 minute ago, merchenticneurosis said:

Yep, one of my faves! Also gorgeous Finnish post-punk bands are Musta Paraati and Kuudes Tunti, available on Youtube :P 

i actually remember listening to some stuff by Musta Paraati at some point and enjoying it, have never heard of the other one before though, will have to look into 'em too!

1 minute ago, Tokage said:

i actually remember listening to some stuff by Musta Paraati at some point and enjoying it, have never heard of the other one before though, will have to look into 'em too!

These guys are bomb, too! A little shabby quality but meh.