Kiryu999

8P-SB first full album "8P-SB.com" release

On 12/18/2018 at 2:53 AM, colorfuljinsei said:

Album is available on Spotify, YouTube, iTunes, etc.

*Listened to it in full. I'm gonna be honest and say, while it's not great, it's really no different than budget pop-electronic stuff. A resounding "meh".

Their aesthetic is still ass, tho. Roll back on the weird furry avant garde shit, might be more palatable.

After Miyavi leaving his rocking roots on 2010 (even doing it good rn), two of the bandomen from MEJIBRAY, i repeat, MEJIBRAY, smoke something really heavy and decided to come here with 8P-SB... maybe the meaning of their name is Eight-Peluches-Sound-Bad...

This is me right now...

Only on the third song in the album, but it sounds like typical bubblegum pop mainstream shit, except it's from ex-"brutal" bandguys. Koichi's strained nasal vocals and their weird ass furry caterpillar costume doesn't help though.Not the worst thing I've heard in pop and not the best. It's just...okay, I guess. I could think of a bunch of artists that have similar sounding music: Shawn Wasabi, SOPHIE, just about everyone apart of that whole PC Music trend, kz(livetune), Yasutaka Nakata....The list goes on and on.

Koichi's strained nasal vocals and their weird ass furry caterpillar costume doesn't help though.

Always remember: different strokes for different folks.

Edited by ahnchc

I can't say I've enjoyed, but I've heard way worse shit in this bubblegum pop business

there's some catchiness here and there

btw, am I the only one who can't really identify who's singing?

Edited by chemicalpictures

On 12/21/2018 at 9:42 PM, chemicalpictures said:

btw, am I the only one who can't really identify who's singing?

I honestly can't tell either.