Kiryu999

8P-SB first full album "8P-SB.com" release

But some kpop actually sounds cool, Tsuzuku no longer sings with any type of emotion. But meh more power to him and koichi for having fun doing whatever the fuck this is. It wouldn't be as bad if Tsu- i mean GENki actually sang instead of dryly playing with autotune like wtf,is he not trying to outshine koichi with his vocal talent?? If so its pointless because mejibray solidified their places in some of the most edgiest bangya hearts 

I mean, it's harmless. Sometimes I even found myself liking what tzk was doing with his voice. The songs are pop 2018 basics. It could be background music, but I have a million better artists that I could play in the background. It's just mediocre. If this is what they want to do... Good luck to them, but what are they offering that a hundred other artists aren't already? Nada. 

It might be hard to admit your idols and faves are capable of making shit music but here we are. I can fuck with pop like blackpink, ikon, dreamcatcher, and then some jpop people like aimer and god knows who else but there isnt anything good about this pop sound. Beats and whatever are boring and flat and the vocals replicate that. Not that I expected much singing talent out of a bassist but lol tzk you suck now 

1 hour ago, Manji 卍 said:

as i said,i'm ok with the pop direction,the big problem here is the fact that this is SHIT music

such an amazing vocalist succumbing to this mediocre stuff...why

I had no idea this song existed. A moment of silence for tzk. :(

3 hours ago, lichtlune said:

Yeah, sure that's it. 

i mean, be sarcastic all you want, but if the majority of the negative comments surrounding the existence of this entire band essentially boil down to 'too poppy, mejibray ended for THIS?' it kinda does give off peak rockist vibes

anyway as @platysaid, if this is somehow genuinely what they want to do, good luck to them, but  even within the sphere of pop music this is so formulaic and bland you'd forget all about it within 5 minutes after listening if it weren't for the 'oh, it's those guys...'-factor 

6 hours ago, platy said:

If this is what they want to do... Good luck to them

Dunno about Koichi,but speaking about Tsuzuku, I doubt that he's doing this project wholeheartedly...I mean,I don't know nothing about his personal life,but just take a look at the mejibray stuff, all his painfull/nihilistic/melancholic/psychotic lyrics and etc...i can't believe that some artist can change so drastically so fast like he did. There must be something else involved to make he get away from his essence and what made him known for

1 hour ago, Manji 卍 said:

Dunno about Koichi,but speaking about Tsuzuku, I doubt that he's doing this project wholeheartedly...I mean,I don't know nothing about his personal life,but just take a look at the mejibray stuff, all his painfull/nihilistic/melancholic/psychotic lyrics and etc...i can't believe that some artist can change so drastically so fast like he did. There must be something else involved to make he get away from his essence and what made him known for

I actually think Tzk likes what 8P-SB is doing. Yes mejibray did some darker stuff but Tzk himself has mentioned several times that he likes poppy music. He has mentioned that he likes Vocaloid, Kanye, Arashi etc. 

I agree that 8P-SB is disappointing, I don't have any problem with pop but this is just really lackluster pop. However, I think Tzk truly is enjoying himself with 8P-SB. 

3 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

This is actually not something that is unknown of in VK, seeing how big kpop (and jpop) is in Japan at the moment it's a pretty good move (that is, if they actually did the music well).

Back when oshare kei became a thing there was a lot of kotekote guys who all of a sudden took off their gothy dresses, black make-up and started wearing pastel colored t-shirts and bright haircolors.

Some prime examples:

Hisui (Madeth gray'll > Jelly Berry)
Yayoi (Vice risk > Jewelry)
Kei (Eliphas levi > Vinett)

Anyway, my point is that it would be a good move (economic wise) for them... probably... if their music didn't suck.

3 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

some of y'all give way too much credit to random visual kei bandomen lmao

14 minutes ago, saishuu said:

some of y'all give way too much credit to random visual kei bandomen lmao

After what the boys of Mejibray came up with after their disbandment  hiatus, I figured their dark  image was probably a product of Misa. He knows what things sell and edgy angst is definitely one of them. 

just wondering,

would any of you be any happier if their cut their hair short, washed away the make-up and didn't refill the botox and went straight for whatever one ok rock knock off sound they would have produced on a ~regular ~rawk label? (while keeping in mind that mejibray never made it to a major label contract so they're literally nobodies scoring whatever left-overs of the indie jpop production they can afford)

anyway get into penicillin if this album disappointed you xoxo

4 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

would any of you be any happier if their cut their hair short, washed away the make-up and didn't refill the botox and went straight for whatever one ok rock knock off sound they would have produced on a ~regular ~rawk label?

no, if tzk sounded like this nowadays regardless of pop or edgy music i think the best case scenario would be not hearing any sort of music coming from him and koichi 

1 hour ago, chipathy said:

no, if tzk sounded like this nowadays regardless of pop or edgy music i think the best case scenario would be not hearing any sort of music coming from him and koichi 

well that's also an option - d'espairs ray frontman basically disappeared into obscurity after (allegedly) having his vocal hole ruptured and they were way more established than meji.

give those two some time to realize they're going nowhere with their music and they'll leave too!

(also stream black hole every time u spot a local hater)

Edited by nekkichi