Sign in to follow this  
-NOVA-

ONE OK ROCK New Album "Eye Of The Storm"

ONE OK ROCK will release a new album titled "Eye Of The Storm" on February 15th. Their newest single "Stand Out Fit In" was released today.

Edited by -NOVA-

The best way to enjoy ONE OK ROCK is to not listen to any of their material and see them as they tour with other bands. Surprisingly enough these Neighbors are stellar live. Im seeing em in March so ill peep this song then. 

1 hour ago, Ro plz said:

The best way to enjoy ONE OK ROCK is to not listen to any of their material and see them as they tour with other bands. Surprisingly enough these Neighbors are stellar live. Im seeing em in March so ill peep this song then. 

Last time I saw them live that was basically me with their latest album. I listened to it once, forgot all about it, saw them live and thought the songs weren't half bad because of them performing them as they do with all their other stuff. It has nowhere near the same energy nor feel as their older work, but at least it's manageable when there's good songs across the setlist anyway. (Sadly those will get less and less the more bland things they release)

Used to love them and grew older with them (I'm the same age as Taka) but at this point I got to say lil bro's band is far more interesting and I hope they stay that way. OOR fell victim to the blandness of a lot of the American bands they tour with and those on their American label 😕

Yeah i don't do much listening to them anymore, but they do put on a good performance. But i'm glad they're releasing an album before the tour this year because I wasn't really wanting to see ambitions tour 500

OOR are one of those bands that could sing me the phonebook and I'll still enjoy it. Is it their deepest most exciting work? Nah. Still something that will fit my work playlist nicely tho.

6 hours ago, doombox said:

OOR are one of those bands that could sing me the phonebook and I'll still enjoy it. Is it their deepest most exciting work? Nah. Still something that will fit my work playlist nicely tho.

Actually this is a really accurate way to explain them.

Listened to this song once, and didn't feel the need to listen to it again. Predictable, bland and formulaic. The message it tries to convey is meaningful, more so for a certain part of their fan base but in my opinion this song doesn't have anything else going on worth mentioning other than that. I'm not implying they should strive for a more "rock" sound but for better music (it could be with more electro elements or whatever they want). Unfortunately this is in no way better than what they made in the past. I'm not hearing this "maturity" many are pointing out, at least not compostion/songwriting-wise and it certainly doesn't bode well for the upcoming album, happy to be proven wrong though.

Sign in to follow this