Sign in to follow this  
Cantavanda

Question about BAISER

BAISER is a VK band, it's also a French word.

The French word has two meanings.

"Je te donne un baiser" would mean I give you a kiss

A "baiser" is a "kiss".

But the verb baiser.... is quite something different.

"Je vais te baiser", means I will fuck you.

"Baiser" is "fucking".

Now my question about the band.

WHICH OF THE TWO IS IT??

Have they said it publicly?

Baiser is quite the romantic VK wave band like LAREINE and SHANA, so kissing would be logical in that way.

But VK loves shocking, and the most romantic innocent KAMIJO made a band called "New Sodmy", referencing this extreme sex act, sodomy.

So it's a possibility they meant the sex to shock and provoke.

Anyone can help me out?

Edited by Cantavanda

They have a song/single called "Kuchizuke" which means "kiss", but it might just be coincidence (but I think yeah the kissing thing would be the more romantic scenario here, haha). I'm not aware whether they ever publicly said what was the inspiration/origin of their name.

Edited by Jigsaw9

18 minutes ago, Arkady said:

Wait,  wasn't New Sodmy's name Kamijo's way of coming out in a not very subtle way?

Sodomy also consists of BDSM sex, so not just gay sex.

IDK, I haven't really talked or looked up discussions of the name. I just think "sodmy" means "sodomy" which is probably an artistic mispelling cus they have a song called "are you sodomy?" and "white lie" single cover has KAMIJO tied up, which is a BDSM kind.

Luckily most songs don't have any sex in the lyrics, which made me to believe the band name was just for shock, not a reocurring theme.

Edited by Cantavanda

Also I don't listen AT ALL to BAISER even though I want to give them a chance, they seem to be my style since they're similar to LAREINE and SHAZNA. Romantic kei is my favourite VK genre. I will try to listen soon. But if the band name litirally means "fucking" it's a big turn-off since the half of my country (Belgium) speaks French lol. Also I noticed there's no BAISER topic at all in this subforum so any big fans, go on your way!

5 hours ago, Arkady said:

Wait,  wasn't New Sodmy's name Kamijo's way of coming out in a not very subtle way?

it's a broad term, everything from basic oral to furry to (depending on whose definition you're looking for) secx outside of wedlock can be a reverse sodomian expedition

4 hours ago, Cantavanda said:

Also I don't listen AT ALL to BAISER even though I want to give them a chance, they seem to be my style since they're similar to LAREINE and SHAZNA. Romantic kei is my favourite VK genre. I will try to listen soon. But if the band name litirally means "fucking" it's a big turn-off since the half of my country (Belgium) speaks French lol.

I think they sort of conveniently played out on the implied double-meaning since their first album was more industrial and hard sounding and their lives probably had a lot of yaoi innuendo going on,

but since they went softer and more mainstream with the sound on the subsequent releases and lightened up their looks from PVC to pastel-PVC, it sort of worked out idk

4 hours ago, Cantavanda said:

Also I noticed there's no BAISER topic at all in this subforum so any big fans, go on your way!

ya there's a gap in threads for bands from ~pre-2010 on the current MH unless they have legacy stans lurking around to create those discussions so idk it's up to you

Edited by nekkichi

Sign in to follow this