-NOVA-

DIE/MAY Debut Album ODIUM Release

DIE/MAY will release their Debut album ODIUM on 2018.11.23.

Since the departure of their former vo. Seiki the band feels completely different and this new sound sounds pretty promising.

I'd like to know everyones thoughts on this

42907338_1853590298029538_33311089332081

Edited by -NOVA-

Just adding a post before this thread gets locked :P. 

The instrumentals are not bad, but the vocals and the mixing of the vocals is pretty bad. Some of the songs sound like the vocalist recorded in the bathroom and then dubbed over the existing track. The over-enunciated/accented Japanese has and continues to be a deal breaker for me, but that's stating the obvious. Overall, they've improved, but they need more work. (Honestly, I feel like this is the case with many gaijin-kei bands that are at least semi-talented)

Edited by colorfuljinsei

I forgot DIE/MAY was even a thing. To be honest, once Seike left and they changed their style, I completely lost interest. Tsuomasu could arguably be considered more technically capable than Seike (though for as much as I like Seike, that really isn't saying much), but I find his voice a lot less interesting/more forgettable. Having said that, I will say the previews were a lot better than I was expecting them to be, though riotcolor's mixing skills still leave a lot to be desired and I feel like the music suffers somewhat because of it. Definitely promising, though.

reigning queens of gaijin kei!!! tbh the mix of the vocals is perfect because i dont want to hear them but the instrumental mix is incredibly rough like the drums sound sequenced and the guitar tone is way too trebly

Die/May has been through a lot of weired style changes they really need to scrap this band and start over the sample doesnt does that bad its just i get annoyes at the double voices. His screams are on point when they arent mixed with weird voice changers and sht.

Edited by Axius

Those are some seriously good harsh vocals! Not too big on the cleans nor the songs themselves though

Edit:DeG wants their songtitles back! Having one track sharing a name with another artist is okay, but two?

Edited by kuyashii

Woah. Got some serious DeG vibes from "THE UNTOLD HYPOCRISY".

His accent is pretty noticeable, but imo they sound like any shitty VK band. They're just gaijin.

They definitely sound better than when Seike was the vocalist.