Sign in to follow this  
suji

メリー (MERRY) new mini-album, "for Japanese sheeple" release

it has been announced at their 17th anniversary live at Ebisu Liquidroom that MERRY will release their first(!!!) mini-album in spring 2019.

More details will be announced at their fanclub-only Christmas live, "VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS ~CORE Premium Night~"...

CAUTIOUS OPTIMISM

(i'm still hoping they'll one day release a cover (mini)album...)

On 11/9/2018 at 10:44 PM, suji said:

they will also hold a twoman tour in March and a oneman tour in May

Nothing on this on the website though; where is this info released? Any concrete dates & venues? Hope it's in line with my trip in late Mar!

1 minute ago, sads123 said:

Nothing on this on the website though; where is this info released? Any concrete dates & venues? Hope it's in line with my trip in late Mar!

Gara says it on his instagram

More details will be revealed at their Christmas live

The title has been finalized as "for Japanese sheeple" cuz fuck us gaijins I guess xD

They will also hold a twoman tour from March 2 to March 22:

Spoiler

47584086_152281672427525_188274318280189

They will also hold their oneman tour from May 5 to May 26, and will hold their tour final on June 14.

Spoiler

47583921_744746339237037_311528595883393

prof_merry_all.jpg

Finally some info about the mini and the tours; Aaand, apparently they are also planning a "surprise" for fanclub members oh New Years' Eve or around that time, maybe an impromptu concert.

I'm not sold on sheeple, but the other new song they played last month was really, really cool. I'm looking forward to that one.

oh shit, DEZERT got to them too lmao

didn't really care for sheeple, but I'll always be here for new MERRY. that new look is pretty cool too!

None of those bands really fit together at all.. I enjoy Psycho le Cemu and Metronome separately, but their style couldnt be more different from Merry lol

Still not really sold on sheeple either other than some of the instrumental parts.. it'll probably make its way onto the mini tho

release date for "for Japanese sheeple" has been finalized to April 17 and it will come in 3 types. (regular edition 2400 yen; limited edition 3000 yen; CORE fanclub edition 9000 yen)

CD will feature 6 tracks including "sheeple"

DVD (limited edition only) will feature live & bonus content from their live on 2018/05/12

2nd CD (CORE edition only) will be a live CD from their live on 2018/05/12 (will feature the full 25 tracks!) ; there will also be a Blu-ray ver of the same live included in the CORE edition (which can only be purchased at GALAXY BROAD SHOP)

2 minutes ago, saishuu said:

apparently they're going back to using the katakana version of their name too, no more MERRY

source

i might be thinking too deep on this but i hope that means they're reverting back to their eroguro sound 🙏

5 hours ago, suji said:

Could someone also decipher this part about the CORE edition live CD? I'm not entirely sure of how many tracks are featured. I'm assuming this features all the songs from their 5/12 live.

Hide contents

[DISC 2 : CD (LIVE音源)]
2018年5月12日に恵比寿ザ・ガーデンホールにて開催された二部制ライブ「扇動歌謡祭」の中から、一部より11曲、二部より14曲、全25曲のLIVE音源を収録予定

There's 25 tracks in all; it's a special concert that's divided into 2 parts (but played on the same day) so 11 songs from (一部/昭和)and 14 songs from(二部/現代).

Here's the full setlist for both concerts:

MERRY(メリー) 2018.05.12 恵比寿ザ・ガーデンホール(一部/昭和)
二部制ライブ『扇動歌謡祭』一部 【昭和】メリー
SET LIST(セットリスト)

01.冬のカスタネット
02.ひらひらとんでる。
03.閉ざされた楽園
04.空っぽな歌
05.ピンク色の青春
06.青春ノイローゼ
07.黒い虹
08.コックドール・ママ
09.哀しみブルートレイン
10.躊躇いシャッフル
11.激声
12.木洩れ日が僕を探してる...
13.ルルルラララ
14.ピラニア
15.イエローガール

MERRY(メリー) 2018.05.12 恵比寿ザ・ガーデンホール(二部/現代)
二部制ライブ『扇動歌謡祭』二部 【現代】MERRY
SET LIST(セットリスト)

01.Black flag symptom
02.犬型真性MASOCHIST
03.gaudy
04.ニヒリスティック
05.絶望
06.自意識過剰型木偶人間
07.モノクローム
08.新曲
09.傘と雨
10.溺愛の水槽