Gesu

Ever missed out on seeing someone live?

I missed both Kagrra, and Charlotte when they #cametobrazil, and now both their vocalists are dead. Brazil is cursed!

Unfortunately I was too young to travel alone (17 back then) and the concerts were held in São Paulo, which is way too far from where I live and I could not afford the expenses from the trip anyway.

almost missed out on seeing Versailles in NYC, because it was held on a Monday (which was a national holiday: the issue was I had school the next morning).

I'm glad I convinced my parents to allow me to still go, because Jasmine died less than a year later.

More times than I can even remember.  The main issue for me has always been transportation.  Last year, Hyuna did a show in San Francisco, which is only about an hour from me.  Couldn't find a ride, and I don't drive so...it sucks even more cuz of what happened to her recently with CUBE and all.  Idk if I'll ever get that chance again.  😧

On 10/25/2018 at 12:50 PM, Ro plz said:

Whoever you heard this from straight up lied to you. I saw them in NY and Ruki was quite pleased, surprised at how "crazy" the crowd was and mentioned it several times during the performance lol. Even in the interviews there's clear interest that they want to come back. 

I missed DIR EN GREY the last time they were in the states due to financial reasons and probably not being able to get the time off of work. I can't really remember anyone else VK related. There's quite  few american bands i regret not seeing for more or less of the same reasons. 

That's a relief, I'm glad to hear it wasn't a negative time for them! Hopefully they'll tour the states again in the near future

Not my story, but of a friend. She was in Japan during Christmas time and had tickets for the GazettE’s Christmas live, but because of her friend suddenly being mad about something and refusing to go-she missed it.

Sons of An Illustrious Father is coming to London in December for a very intimate gig. I never thought it would happen and tickets are cheap as fuck. But I took it for granted that they're barely known and now tickets are sold out. I completely forgot Ezra Miller is gaining a lot of rabbid fangirls with his latest movies. 

3 hours ago, platy said:

Sons of An Illustrious Father is coming to London in December for a very intimate gig. I never thought it would happen and tickets are cheap as fuck. But I took it for granted that they're barely known and now tickets are sold out. I completely forgot Ezra Miller is gaining a lot of rabbid fangirls with his latest movies. 

Can't you buy a ticket from someone when the gig is right around the corner? I guess it doesn't work for everyone every single time, but I do this shit all the time myself and have still to miss out on a gig because of it. And I usually get the ticket a lot cheaper. Like half the price or less, so I save a shitload of money doing it as well. Last time I did it was yesterday at Uriah Heep. Show's been sold out for months already and I knew I was going, but I didn't buy my ticket before 7PM yesterday and the gig started 9.30PM :P

But I can understand why people don't to it, especially if they have to travel a long way and plan a lot of shit (hotels, train/plane tickets or whatever) for the gig.

I missed out on seeing the Gazette when they came to Dallas because I had work :c

Now every time I walk past the Bomb Factory I'm like 'damn :c'

I missed out on seeing Girugamesh. They are one of my favorite bands, but sadly they are disbanded already.

I missed out on seeing Versailles when they were going to Dallas. I was trying so hard to earn money from my allowance to buy plane tickets to see them, but I didn't get enough, so I had to skip out. And I regret that decision greatly

Edited by RaeDesu

For most of my life, I've lived way out in the rural US far away from any major cities large enough for Japanese bands to visit, so traveling six, eight, ten hours somewhere to see a VK band perform isn't really worth it, especially having a low-paying job and no college education. So I've never lived close enough to a major city to feel bad about missing out.

I was hoping after moving to Atlanta, I'd have a better chance of seeing visual kei bands here. Yet it seems like a lot of Japanese bands prefer to go to Dallas if they visit the south. The Gazette is only doing Los Angeles, Dallas, and NYC when they come to the US.  

However, Mana is coming to Anime Weekend Atlanta later this year for a Moi-même-Moitié event, so I'm pretty hyped about that

I'm not much of a show goer, but whenever a band I like is in the bay area (not often), I always want to go... but something gets in the way...

I've missed out on seeing the GazettE in April 2016 and The Number Twelve Looks Like You (w/ Arsonists Get All The Girls) in December 2018 because I was working and couldn't get the shifts covered. I also missed out on BORIS the last few times they were in SF because I had school; the shows would always be in the end of August, on a day that I had class, in the late afternoon.

Last June, I kinda wanted to see ザアザア when I was in Osaka (I mainly just wanted to get a live-limited CD that was at the show). I think it was some tour with DADORAMA. I was in town and very close to the venue, but I just decided not to. Why? I was by myself and had no idea what to do, I must have had a lot of questions I wouldn't have been able to ask in Japanese, and I just felt the anxiety of it all, so I just thought, "uhhhhhh let's do something else today." 🤦🏻‍♂️

Well I'm about to miss seeing ACME, since I just got back from Chicago and it would have only been like over an hour to get to the Convention they are at.

Literally missed them by a couple days!

Missed out on the Malice Mizer 25th Anniversary concert 😕 Was my own fault, I didn't expect any MM events to be happening so I didn't bother to look, and found out about a month after the event when I started using Twitter for concert updates. MM is my soul band and Kamijo my favorite singer, so still kicking myself over it. So glad they're coming out with a DVD and definitely planning to jump on the opportunity if they ever hold a similar event again.

matenrou opera apparently came to a local anime convention here in toronto years back and i had no clue about it sadly. when i was like 15 i used to spam the con to bring someone over, and when they finally did i was oblivious.

I've missed a lot of lives due to lack of cash or energy since I'm not local to any major cities (like if I've got a full week of work and other events going on that week, the commuting multiple times a week can be rough)... Lives I'm sad I missed out on would be Dir en grey's GAUZE re-tour and LAREINE's reunion live with Machi. I also regret not being able to go to PLC's and Metronome's taiban 2 yrs ago because I had already bought tickets for Fuji Rock.

More often or not, I regret all the Western artist lives I've missed touring Japan because of lack of promotion (only finding out about them after tickets have sold out or days/weeks after. I'm also still not over BANKS canceling her Japan shows when I had saizen tickets.

Also when I went to SXSW a couple of years ago Lana Del Rey did a surprise concert and I missed it because we weren't pass holders. 

The only one I actively regret to this day is missing out on Aicle when they were somehow brought to Finland in 2009, and that's when they pretty much peaked musically as well. It would've been the only time for me to see one of my all time favorites in their prime, but unfortunately I was too young and stupid to appreciate them back them so I decided to not go. The rest I can live with. 

D came to A-kon dallas in like 2010 or 2011 or something and I was never able to go. I'm sure if I was more assertive about having a ride there from someone I could have gone. Definitely one of the things I regret. 

There's a few that I missed out on seeing. The biggest one being Jrock Revolution. I was still in my teens then so my parents were pretty strict about letting me go places. The other is Girugamesh when they came to Sakura-con. I was actually working at the Hot Topic they did their meet and greet at but my last day was a week or so before they came to town and I had moved back to California.