Nya_sist

RANKING: craziest fandom (vkei)

I have heard of fans that abuse other fans or foreigners( I’m not sure if it’s because they are foriegn or they just happen to be foreign🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️) and fans that are possessive 

THIS IS NOT A THREAD TO ATTACK FANDOMS OR START FANDOM WARS 

I am just interesting in hearing stories!!❤️

NO HATE !!!! 😘😘giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bce26f34678526c45

Not necessarily a fandom, but I have experience with very rude foreigners visiting Visual kei concerts here in the Netherlands. They are either French or German and usually think they own the place. Includes kicking, punching, pinching, hair pulling and overall nastiness every single time. Fun (or perhaps not so fun) fact; years ago when Versailles played in the Netherlands, a few German girls up front ripped a piece off of Hizaki’s dress and continuously groped the guys. This caused them to not want to play here anymore. Pretty ironic since it wasn’t at all caused by our people. 

I dunno what the hell happened apart from extreme rudeness from the fans, but gazette refuses to come back to the UK since their last gig in 2007.

16 minutes ago, platy said:

I dunno what the hell happened apart from extreme rudeness from the fans, but gazette refuses to come back to the UK since their last gig in 2007.

Wow 😲 I didn’t think it gets that serious!! I heard the gazette don’t like fans taping at fan signs 

+1 on Mejibray & Versailles/Jupiter, plus screamo bands like Nokubura, Lycaon, etc.

most definitely Dir en grey tho, too many dudebros & fangirls meshed up together = 🚓🚓🚓

36 minutes ago, platy said:

Ellaborate then

Just read the replies to Mamo's tweets. R-Shitei fans are infamous for being absolute wackadoodles.

Razor fans are also pretty fucking terrible. I've been to hundreds of visual kei lives in Japan and the only times I've had major issues with fans were the lives I went to where Razor appeared.

The majority of them are extremely rude and super violent at event lives. Last time I saw them the girls behind me and my friends were constantly banging into and kicking us during the other bands. NOT during Razor. I elbowed one of those girls in the face and she kept oritatamiing into my spine. My back was fucked up for over a week.

Kizu has a lot of shitty fans, too. Things were fine last year but since their O-West oneman in January I've noticed similar behavior among their fans.

I was going to comment on Razor, I've heard shitty things about them. 

Savage fans can get pretty savage too lol

and I've heard ZigZag fans are as wacked as the band itself.

fans in Chile can get wild for any band but the issue usually is there's a ridiculous percentage of male fans and like any western audience, there's no respect for spots so you get pushed around by dudes way stronger and often taller than you. 

I’ve heard of violence at lives!! I think I saw it on fuckyeahtanuki and the fan said she was stabbed with a pencil because She was getting attention from some fans fave 

Any band that attracts a large, usually teenage, fanbase tends to have "crazy" fans. Overzealous fans are fine with me, sometimes their enthusiasm is infectious and can elevate a live. Most of my experience has been with american fans and I've noticed that X Japan fans here are a little too much; Going on and on about them at lives that have no relation to X when everyone is clearly uninterested, talking poorly about the band we're in line to see, etc.  It's obnoxious but it's only been a handful of people, so I wouldn't characterize the whole fanbase as being crazy.

^Lol, X JAPAN is the only concert I've ever been to where someone yelled "Get off the stage!" at the opening act (and I've seen some atrocious opening acts), so yeah, I'd agree that some X fans can be a bit obnoxious to other bands.

Not about a particular fandom, but I find that the worst behavioral aspect about foreign visual kei fans during lives is how so many have zero ability to control their emotions in the presence of their band. Like, I understand the excitement of getting to see our favorite artists, but damn can you not act like a raging fangirl who hasn't learned how to behave in public? Don't shout from the top of your lungs in people's ears and respect personal boundaries. I was almost hit in the face once by a girl who was jumping up and down and waving her arms like a maniac. We weren't even close to being in the front. You're surround by people, girl. Don't do that. I guess it's better than just standing around though.

As for violence and other types of shitty behavior (sorry for the tl;dr) : I feel like this is something you're bound to come across with if you follow rock music in general (especially if a good portion of the fans are girls and the band is made up of youngish guys) , so it's unfair to single it out as a problem within visual kei. I never experienced any shitty behavior towards me during foreign VK lives, but I have experienced it during lives for American bands and they basically mirror the type of behavior that other people have said they experienced during the VK ones. Like during one outdoor live (back when I was a teen) my best friend and I waited hours for the band we went to see to come onstage and we were upfront for only like the first two songs before the girls who had waited in back of us pushed themselves to the front and left us like in the third row. Then during another live, I caught the pick the guitarist played with and was shoved rather violently by the girl in back of  me.  I still didn't have a very good grasp on the pick since I caught it mid-air  and when she shoved me, I dropped the pick . I reached down to pick it up, but the girl next to me (Not the one  who shoved me) kicked my hand before I could actually grab it. I don't know what she hit, but when she did, I got a weird cramp that shot up from the back of my palm to my elbow area. She was bigger than me and I generally like to avoid conflict, so I just let her keep it. And then came the embarrassment I felt when I stood up straight again since I think the guitarist saw everything (or most of it) because he just smiled and waved at me with a sympathetic "I'm sorry" look on his face.  Needless to say I prefer staying in the back now. Moral of the story: fangirls can be violent and they are scary. 

I would say the GazettE fandom is one of the worst. I remember a live my friend went to Japan, a foreigner bit a Japanese girl for Ruki's water bottle hard enough to make her bleed. Ruki even tweeted about it. 

Then stories of fans punching each other and acting rude. 

5 hours ago, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

As for violence and other types of shitty behavior (sorry for the tl;dr) : I feel like this is something you're bound to come across with if you follow rock music in general (especially if a good portion of the fans are girls and the band is made up of youngish guys) , so it's unfair to single it out as a problem within visual kei. I never experienced any shitty behavior towards me during foreign VK lives, but I have experienced it during lives for American bands and they basically mirror the type of behavior that other people have said they experienced during the VK ones. 

I totally agree! I went to LMFAO in Stockholm and was in the front and there was also lots of pushing, hitting and violence going on. I could not enjoy the LIVE and was just furious at the other "fans" being such asses.

My friend was pushed back from front to 5th row.

And they even had an age restriction 18+ there..... so yeah, they don't have to be teens. People in their 20s can also be assholes. Unfortunately one or two years don't make such a big difference behaviour-whise