Nya_sist

Are there JROCKERS that speak/practice English??

Takeru from SuG spent some time in the US learning. That was before the band broke up, but he did some livestreams on YouTube for foreign fans in English. Even as a solo artist, he'll make posts every now and then for western fans. 

That's all I remember for now. 

Ruinmaru the singer of Vivarush take lessons for speak in English.

Miku the singer of An Cafe takes lessons for speak in English.

I don't know for others.

YOU, the bassist from THE SOUND BEE HD, speaks English fairly well. Her English isn't perfect, but she has translated for the band during interviews/streams before, and you can message her on Twitter and stuff and she'll try to reply in English.

I think she mentioned when they appeared on a variety show that she was a flight attendant before joining the band, so maybe that's where she picked some of it up?

This video has some clips from the show, including YOU doing the seatbelt warning before takeoff in Japanese and English.

Edited by violetchain

You from The Sound Bee HD speaks fairly good English and understands a lot. Though I've had very basic conversations with all the band. 

Hide-Zou from D speaks some English, and is actually a huge languages enthusiast, he's asked me to teach him Spanish. He has some certificate but idk which level and whether he renewed it or not (probably not)

Sena from Jiluka allegedly knows English, he stated in an interview he studied in Seattle, but the shy fucker refuses to speak it (even though he told me "you can talk to me in English if you want" -.-)

Edited by Komorebi

6 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

You from The Sound Bee HD speaks fairly good English and understands a lot. Though I've had very basic conversations with all the band. 

Hide-Zou from D speaks some English, and is actually a huge langua enthusiast, he's asked me to teach him Spanish. He has some certificate but idk which level and whether he renewed it or not (probably not)

Sena from Jiluka allegedly knows English, he stated in an interview he studied in Seattle, but the shy fucker refuses to speak it (even though he told me "you can talk to me in English if you want" -.-)

I heard about Sena speaking English and all that 👀 I can’t wait to hear it when he is ready to show us ❤️❤️

6 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Sena can read, write, and understand English pretty well but yeah he's too shy to speak it. Even when my Japanese was terrible he refused to speak to me in English, but he was always extremely patient with listening to me. He's a good dude. Never knew he studied in Seattle though ??? That's interesting

That being said, if you write to him or speak to him in English he will understand.

He's long gone but Roji (ex-XAA-XAA) is pretty good at English. He's not fluent but his listening comprehension is quite high and he can maintain conversations if he tries. He knows quite a bit of slang as well. I still wonder where he learned English.

In a more serious example, I guess technically Leo Imai (Metafive, Kimonos etc.), Ken Lloyd (Fake?, Oblivion Dust) and the dude from MONORAL would count but as far as I know they're halfbloods anyways and presumably raised bilingually? 

13 hours ago, Duwang said:

Sena can read, write, and understand English pretty well but yeah he's too shy to speak it. Even when my Japanese was terrible he refused to speak to me in English, but he was always extremely patient with listening to me. He's a good dude. Never knew he studied in Seattle though ??? That's interesting

That being said, if you write to him or speak to him in English he will understand.

He was asked once where he would like to play and he said Seattle cause he wanted to "see his host family again". And I think it was Nagase who also told me to talk to him in English since he'd studied it. 

Boogie tried really hard and Ricko repeated in Japanese a few things I told him in English, as if ensuring he'd understood correctly. 

Anis from Monoral is fluent in English, Arabic and French iirc. 

He's also credited in a few L'Arc albums (I think Awake and Kiss) for the English lyrics. 

Man, I love Sena tho.  I'm glad he can read the dumb shit I write to him on Insta. 😂

Also, I don't know why or how, but when I met exist trace, Miko was speaking English really well.  Like, really, really well.  She's hella chill.

kenbo (ex art alicia) 「studied in Australia」

Sho (ex embrace) 「he is half Japanese」

speak both very good English.

Tak (ex calmando qual)

he understands a little.

Dee Lee (2bullet)

perfect English.

Ren (musubore)

Understanding very well

writing / speaking okay too.

Shun (ex jills, nein, quiete rain)

He understands English.