Yukami

BABYMETAL vo.Yui Mizuno has depart + new digital single "Starlight" release

BABYMETAL officially announced that Yuimetal would not be joining the band for the next phase of their tour and would no longer be a member of the group due to poor health condition. A new digital single "Starlight" is already on sale from today.

Dp3ax-OVsAAcrLH.jpg

Dp3cwSZU0AAMXoU.jpg

16 minutes ago, Wakarimashita said:

I am not so much into Babymetal so apologies in advance, but isn't she the only singer in the band? Who's singing now?

Suzuka Nakamoto (Su-metal) is the main vocalist. Yui was the chorus of the group, currently only Moa is found as a choir.

Sad but not unexpected. She's still so young (they all are really considering how long they've been in the industry... well, that's the idol business I guess). I wish her all the best for the future.

I'm excited for the next phase of BABYMETAL though. The two recent singles and new song 'Tattoo' which they've been playing live sound great; I think they'll announce a new album at the end of this tour. From the live footage I've seen recently the remaining girls have really matured as the BABYMETAL mythos is beginning to develop into something quite unique.