cvltic

Cazqui & Daichi to Leave Nocturnal Bloodlust

http://www.nocturnalbloodlust.com/news/0/43463/

Cazqui and Daichi will leave Nocturnal Bloodlust as of their 12/16 performance at Shibuya STREAM HALL.

The reason behind their departure is due to financial issues between Cazqui & Daichi and two employees of their label, as described here.
"Two individuals involved in the financial management of Nocturnal Bloodlust's label (henceforth A & B), were previously negligent in the disclosure of income & expenditure pertaining to Cazqui & Daichi. With a growing sense of distrust, both parties requested disclosure of income & expenditure from A & B through a lawyer, where personal usage of money and large amounts of unaccounted-for expenditures by A came to light.

In addition to the unacceptable behavior within the label mentioned above, Cazqui and Daichi have not yet been paid song production fees and merch design fees, and on the basis that they feel that can no longer continue NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST's activities in such an environment, nor provide high-quality music or performances to fans, they will be leaving the band as of the end of their scheduled activities within the year."

Edited by cvltic

2 hours ago, cvltic said:

rather greasy of the label to link an offsite document with a proper explanation at the end of a statement that completely neglects to mention their responsibility in this 👀

Yeah.... the tea got spilled.... officially....

Damn this really sucks, I was just thinking we haven't seen any new material from them in ages. Cazqui is imho one of the most talented guitarists in the VK scene right now and I hope this doesn't discourage him from pursuing other musical projects in the future. 

As for NCBL, it's hard to see how they'll avoid disbanding without any guitarists...

does any1 else get mild cognitive dissonance every time shitty things happen to shitty sell-out bands in this scene omg

I thought it was an exclusive questionable privilege reserved for the common faves only

13 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

I saw rumors going around about A & B being Hiro and Masa. 

That's an obvious lie. It's their staff.

37 minutes ago, suji said:

That's an obvious lie. It's their staff.

That was my first thought, but...

It's not unprecedented that bandmembers have screwed each other in the past like that

If Cazqui is the main composer and wants to leave over staff issues, wouldn't the other members try to get rid of staff members or reform the label or do whatever to keep Cazqui and Daichi in the band?

Edit: Masa is the president of the label, even if he himself didn't do nothing wrong, I find it hard to believe he had no idea of what was going on. Turning a blind eye can be equally wrong.

Edited by Komorebi

2 hours ago, Komorebi said:

I saw rumors going around about A & B being Hiro and Masa. 

masa might be president but it kind of makes no sense to go out of your way to found a label and then have yourself and  hiro in charge of finances?? masa is certainly to blame for letting it go so far as to require legal intervention tho

Tbh I only believe that rumor halfway. I don't think Hiro's as involved as the rumor claims. A, whom apparently spend most of the funds, could be someone else, and B could be Masa.

The fact that he owns the label makes this sound fishier to me. 

There goes nokubura, hope kazuki takes his talent to a band worth his while

this drama is wacky as fuck i hope it BLOWS up into some next kisaki tax evasion scandal. here for the conspiracy with masa, but im guessing in cohorts with their label head or some sketchy higher management.

Edited by emmny

I can't really see Masa screwing over other bandmembers, especially since they've known each other and been together for so long... I'd assume they'd also be friends by now (but DeG teaches otherwise, so who knows)

Seems like when a bands been around long enough,they just start having money problems/ inside band issues. Maybe Hiros baby oil addiction or Masa's "One for you, two for me" thing was just too much.

Well this is all a goddam shame. I can't imagine them sticking it through having their leader leave like this. They'd been together for so long that it's hard to see this coming. I was thinking about making a trip over to Japan for their live on the 16th due to the sick lineup, but now I might HAVE to with the departures. Regardless, I'll follow Cazqui to wherever he goes next. They're one of the best bands I've ever seen live.

Well this is a problem >.< This band is amazing as hell and i cant see anyone ever leaving and this band will never be the same without the original line up to be honest. I agree that this situation  is stupid you found a label only to have money not be distributed evenly. Then again maybe more time is spent on lower management the upper who knows at this point maybe hiro has something to do with it but eventually they will find out if lawyers are involved. I never understood how there only one band on there label which is themselves. Sounds really weird I dont know many bands that do this in the scene so yea idk. The point people need to have control dang it. If daichi and cazqui leaves in general the band is done. The only member i can see replacing one of the guitarist would be seiya ex deviloof and even then its hard to replace. Hopefully things work out.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:26 AM, Wakarimashita said:

I can't really see Masa screwing over other bandmembers, especially since they've known each other and been together for so long... I'd assume they'd also be friends by now (but DeG teaches otherwise, so who knows)

Why do people assume Dir mates don't get along at all?