The Piass

Deviloof new singles, album, & European tour

I'm in. I do miss the more technical stuff that Seiya brought, but this is just one song, so we'll see what the rest of the album has in store. I really do hope that Ray continues to sing on a song or two.

5 hours ago, rekzer said:

well that was awesome.

their first album was pure garbage compared to everything else they've released but that last single was amazing and now this one is just as good.

I don't mind if he tries to sing clean again because it wasn't that bad but ffs i hope the band never lets him do a rap song again. 

5 hours ago, Enki said:

Hopefully they actually come to europe this time because last time they said they would they didn't.

Also everything Deviloof has made is awesome with the exception of the god awful M.F.JAP song.

and i loved M.F.JAP! ;D

anyways what an AMAZING look and FML thats how i love my Brutal系.

also i think the part form 1:45-1:52 where keisuke screams as fast as there's no tomorrow could be used as some sort of his "signature scream" cuz there are a few songs where he screams super fast in a row that it almost sounds like totally out of rhythm but super cool if you get what i mean.

I like this but not nearly as much as Kaika.  It reminds me of stuff they did before Devil's Proof which isn't really a bad thing, but I do feel like this song is a little more bland than what they've put out more recently.  I'm still going to listen to it though.  The album art looks great as always!

1 hour ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

also i think the part form 1:45-1:52 where keisuke screams as fast as there's no tomorrow could be used as some sort of his "signature scream" cuz there are a few songs where he screams super fast in a row that it almost sounds like totally out of rhythm but super cool if you get what i mean.

It sounded a lot like the part in Reverence by NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST where Hiro spits "crush into the burden for me. kill each other at the end of story" a couple times.

that cover art is way, waaaaay better than this band's music will ever be

and it's still 'generic tattoo art' tier

3 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

I don't get people who dislikes some bands,but keep an eye on them just to keep confirming they don't like it. Stupid and annoying.

disliking and laughing at embarassing music are two completely different things x

Edited by saishuu

I don't downright dislike them (I just haven't really liked anything they released yet) but what if they surprise me? I used to find early DIMLIM nearly unlistenable and Che Do A Ra was one of my favorite albums of last year :P They are all great musicians, I really think they might come up with something I like someday

Btw, can someone give an helping hand with DEVILOOF history....

for vk.gy

https://vk.gy/artists/deviloof/

I added some stuff, but so much happened.. anybody who can catch up with me? 

And DEVILOOF sounds much better now I guess??

Looking forward to their new work :D 

Edited by BrenGun

22 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

I don't get people who dislikes some bands,but keep an eye on them just to keep confirming they don't like it. Stupid and annoying.

imagine the possibility of bands changing their sound / stepping it up....

2 hours ago, Tokage said:

imagine the possibility of bands changing their sound / stepping it up....

Imagine the possibility of stop being repetitive.they've been improving release by release, stepping it up,so sometimes it isn't necessarily the band that is making shit music,but a matter of personal taste.

Edited by Manji 卍

12 minutes ago, Manji 卍 said:

Imagine the possibility of stop being repetitive.they've been improving release by release, stepping it up,so sometimes it isn't necessarily the band that is making shit music,but a matter of personal taste.

Have you heard of a concept called an opinion? Negative, positive, doesn't matter. It's a great thing which prevents taking things too personally once you understand and respect it.

3 minutes ago, 123Sandman321 said:

Have you heard of a concept called an opinion? Negative, positive, doesn't matter. It's a great thing which prevents taking things too personally once you understand and respect it.

Man,I'm just talking about people who are aware that a certain band is not your thing,but keep complaining about it in every release.Have an opinion is different than bitching around.

Opinions are like assholes; everyone has one. That's no reason to get defensive or attack each other.

Now please keep this on topic.

Bit of a downgrade from Kaika and the b side of that single, you can definitely hear the loss of seiya.

The instrumental slaps, but the vocals are weak af and muddy. Therefore Mejibray, Aikaryu, and The Piass will remain the brutal kings of VK. David's Blood-Resonance for Existence-, Femme Fatale's  GRIM REAPER and 劇情テノール (gekijotenor_)'s beast slap harder imo. They should learn how to do deathcore properly or drop it. better than Quinstet though.

Keisuke's guttural/death growl techniques are on point,if you compare him with the most famous deathcore bands in the world.All the "unusual" things he does on his vocal performances is what makes each track a memorable thing and at the same time a "love it or hate it" band,if you get what I mean. Furthermore he's NOT a clean singer, definitely not.The muddy, sloppy and kinda amusing aspect of his clean singing is done on purpose,since he has a very funny personality.

Frankly, to me it's a typical deathcore band. I understand why people like it, but praising the band that much like some people do clearly shows that the only thing they care about in such kind of music is whether the band is japanese visual kei or not. There are thousands of bands that are on par with Deviloof when it comes to signing and technical aspect.

Yet, there are always some cool moments in Deviloof's songs that I like.