Jigsaw9

MUNIMUNI new mini album "月光男の日記 / A Diary of Mr.Moonlight" release

1 hour ago, carddass said:

That's good to hear, hopefully whatever they did record gets released relatively quickly an ddoesn't suffer the same fate as the doguu album did.

LOL yeah, I couldn't bear another years-long wait... :D 

I searched back on Canou's twitter, these are the tweets I could find of the recording session from November:

Spoiler

guitar recording

a tweet from Shintaro mentioning drum recording

a tweet from aie (deadman, the god and death stars, gibkiy×3 etc.) doing guest vocals

this December tweet from Shinpei (FOXPILL CULT) might be related too, more guest vocals for "Muni-san"?

...so hopefully it's all (or mostly) finished since then. :')))

Nice finds. Looks like there was some serious recording going on.
And I didn't even know he had a twitter!

After he removed the link from his blog years ago, I just thought he gave up that sort of thing. Seems like he just moved over to twtitter. Why he doesn't post the link on the official page is confusing to me though.

This is awesome, MUNIMUNI just uploaded snippets of their twoman gig with industrial/noise act KAOGANAI from back in 2019, they cover Kuroyume, BUCK-TICK and SOFT BALLET together (too bad it's not footage of the whole songs, but still cool!). ♥ ♥ ♥

Their next twoman gig is tomorrow btw.

Nice, I wish they did more thngs like this. Just post whole songs or encores or something! It's almost the cheapest thing a band can do to build their following, throw a camera on a tripod, press record, edit a bit and upload the video onto youtube!

And I didn't recognize that last song - Soft Ballet is one of those bands I know I'll like once I start trying to listen to them.

3 hours ago, carddass said:

And I didn't recognize that last song - Soft Ballet is one of those bands I know I'll like once I start trying to listen to them.

You won't be disappointed. ;3

Thanks, I like it. I'm sure the Depeche Mode comparison is an easy one. Ken Morioka even has that Martin Gore vibe! And I like DM so I should enjoy SB.
And I just watched this video and found out Takashi Fujita from Doom was the guest guitarist for Soft Ballet for a few years!

A new video featuring a new song 'Barairo no kimi', Believe and He.

The newsletter has the lyrics which are chock full of Zi:Kill, Cure and New Order song and album titles:

「薔薇色の君」by M.C.

Dance on dance.

今宵夢見る。

手を取りSLOW DANCE

ドキドキしちゃってさ・・・。

My red shoes

赤い靴の秘密。

七回紐を結ぶと、

眞夜中、ざわめく。

Step to rain

孤高の雨が降る。

砂の音をCLOSE DANCE

無口なる囁き。

パーフェクトキッス・・・

お別れにはまだ・・・

天国へSLOW DOWN

足跡、影踏み。

Blood flowers 夢幻のincense

Will you そうさ幻影と踊る

似ているあなたの痛み。

行けよ、未だ逢えないのなら・・・。

似ている僕らの傷み。

行けよ、薔薇色の夜にさ!

うふふふ・・・ぐへへへ・・・。

LOVE ITTTTT ♥

Classic muni' vibes, reminds me of BEAT FOR YOU, BIG MONEY and the like. Rest of the show sounded great too based on this vid.

Looks like there will be an old munimuni live posted to youtube tomorrow!

Edit: Here's the setlist from their website

※SE Warszawa / デヴィッド・ボウイ
01.NEO SONG
02.TIME IS FATE
03.&4
04.BIG MONEY
05.He

Edited by carddass

7 hours ago, carddass said:

Looks like there will be an old munimuni live posted to youtube tomorrow!

Awwwyeahhhh can't wait!! Premiere is in less than 5 hours~

It was pretty good. I always liked the idea of a one-camera live bootleg - it makes me feel like I'm there in the crowd.
And any setlist where they play 'He' is a win for me. It's possibly my favorite track by them.

Apparently the band's hiatus was pretty short, as it looks like they'll be returning to live activities starting from the beginning of June:

12 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Apparently the band's hiatus was pretty short, as it looks like they'll be returning to live activities starting from the beginning of June:

They announced a live for 2nd Jun, while other bands cancelled entire tours for the whole of Jun & Jul? 

DOES . NOT . COMPUTE .

2 hours ago, sads123 said:

They announced a live for 2nd Jun, while other bands cancelled entire tours for the whole of Jun & Jul? 

I guess they're optimistic... :D CHOP already has a "real" live booked at 05/31 too. Well, they also mention that depending on the situation it might change.

I just this on my youtube feed and was going to post it here.
I wonder if non-Japanese users can join ofuse in order to donate some money to them?

2 hours ago, carddass said:

I wonder if non-Japanese users can join ofuse in order to donate some money to them?

Good question... The website isn't available in English so it's a bit hard to tell, haha. What I could glean from it is that donations can be made via credit card on this platform, but not sure if foreigners are allowed to register or use it.

6 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Good question... The website isn't available in English so it's a bit hard to tell, haha. What I could glean from it is that donations can be made via credit card on this platform, but not sure if foreigners are allowed to register or use it.

Based on the recent dir en grey livestreams where people from various countries donating in their country's currency, I reckon yeah, anyone can donate.

Exactly. In this era, I treat nearly all small bands like a kickstarter / gofundme who need every little bit to get that next release out there.