Jigsaw9

MUNIMUNI new mini album "月光男の日記 / A Diary of Mr.Moonlight" release

MUNIMUNI will release their new mini album "月光男の日記 / A Diary of Mr.Moonlight" on 2018/10/31 (2,600円). It will include 6 tracks and a whopping 32-page booklet with photos, lyrics, band member interviews and liner notes.

Tracklist:

01. THE MOONLIGHT SONG
02. NEW ORDER LOVE SONG
03. TIME IS FATE
04. VELVET魅惑TONIGHT (Album version)
05. B-BOY
06. THE SHADOW 2

Thought this would be a full-length finally, but oh well, at least they're keeping their schedule this time. :D Can't wait!

56 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Is this the band that sounds like The Cure if they sang in Japanese while crying

* if The Cure were LUNA SEA/BUCK-TICK fanboys and they sang in Japanese while crying (for dat studio money) yes

Edited by Jigsaw9

The Disk Union exclusive version of the album will come with a bonus DVD-R "Disk Union for Mr.Moonlight" featuring live footage from the following gigs (5 songs in total, though this is still subject to change):

・2018/6/16 VAVA AREA
・2018/7/13 CHOP DOME (zombie lolita makeup-style gig)
・2018/9/10 苦LOVE KINOTO

Also, here's a decent-sized version of the cover art:

4fhMcBR.jpg

On 10/17/2018 at 2:08 PM, Jigsaw9 said:

Soon~ :3 

yes I'm gonna keep this one-person hype train rolling. ;(((

I'm here again and super excited about this release!
I was expecting a full length too. They've got enough songs for another album or two already.
And despite cheaper recording methods (home studios, DAWs, etc) most bands can have at their disposal, they really want to give this release their proper due with the art and that probably affected the amount of tracks they could record. If you reduced that 32 page booklet down to a 1 page double side fold-out could've gotten us maybe a song or two more on that album.

That said, I'm really going to have to buy my copy from Disk Union for the extra!

Won't make a separate thread for it, but a new DVD-R "dieS vs MUNIMUNI [2016/11/11 NEO TOKYO CHOP DOME]" has just been released on 2018/12/13. It contains footage from the two bands' special anniversary two-man gig back at the end of 2016.

Tracklist:

01. フッフー
02. 発情
03. POWER
04. NEW ORDER LOVE SONG
05. Matador-マタドール-
06. SOUND MASTURBATION
07. & 4
08. バーサーカー
09. ドラムバトル
10. in my head
11. in my head

Tracks 1, 3, 4, 7 are MUNIMUNI songs, tracks 2, 5, 6, 8, 10/11 are dieS songs. Track 9 is called "drum battle" so I assume it's some kind of 'drum-off' between the two bands' drummers, since apparently the stages where the gigs took place were facing each other. I guess the last song being repeated might be some sort of jam session with both bands on-stage, but not sure.

Order @ zoisite shop

1 minute ago, carddass said:

Does anyone know if zoisite sells internationally anymore?

Yup, looks like it. :)

From their main page:

"OVERSEAS MAIL ORDER (International ePacket shipping ONLY)
Please send an email to
 (( email address written on the main page ))
(subject="overseas mail order") 1. names of products and quantity / 2.your name / 3.shipping address / 4.phone number / 5.PayPal account mail address ARE REQUIRED"

On 12/17/2018 at 10:23 PM, Jigsaw9 said:

Yup, looks like it. :)

From their main page:

"OVERSEAS MAIL ORDER (International ePacket shipping ONLY)
Please send an email to
 (( email address written on the main page ))
(subject="overseas mail order") 1. names of products and quantity / 2.your name / 3.shipping address / 4.phone number / 5.PayPal account mail address ARE REQUIRED"

Thanks, I totally missed that while looking through the page!
Now i just have to figure out whether or not to by some god and death stars stuff too

It probably deserves it's own topic one day but looking at bassist Tomo's twitter page, he has a photo posted of a munimuni flyer mentioning a 'bi neo Full album" next year. As expected, there's nothing on the official website but based on setlists they've had 10-15 new songs kicking around since 2017 or so. There were a bunch of titles starting with 200**  that might have been temp titles:

20022 (last played in May 2019)
20023 (first played in May 2019)

20018 to 20022 haven't appeared in recent setlists so they might have officially been named as one of these:
幻のキノコ
GHOST OF ROMANCE
FUTURE PERFECT
MAGICAL MOONIES,YEAH!!!
FASHION SONG
Hayabiki
THE ANIME SONG

https://twitter.com/manicure_ojisan/status/1201518485085405185/photo/1

EKymsRPU8AAKjHS?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by carddass

59 minutes ago, carddass said:

THE ANIME SONG

i'm ready 4 this goth anime goodness

(inb4 it's just a cover of B-T's Dress somehow)

Edited by Tokage

Haha, yeah, I saw that tweet too... Almost made a thread but thought I'd wait till there's more solid information out.

Super stoked for it!!! Canou & co are on a roll these past few years again, thankfully. ♥

On 12/17/2019 at 9:58 AM, carddass said:

20022 (last played in May 2019)
20023 (first played in May 2019)

20018 to 20022 haven't appeared in recent setlists so they might have officially been named as one of these:
幻のキノコ
GHOST OF ROMANCE
FUTURE PERFECT
MAGICAL MOONIES,YEAH!!!
FASHION SONG
Hayabiki
THE ANIME SONG

Clearly I have nothing better to do on New Year's day, so I've been digging around in the more recent setlists a bit. :D 

I narrowed these down as the definite new/unreleased songs:

幻の茸 (sometimes spelled as 幻のキノコ)
FUTURE PERFECT
GHOST OF ROMANCE (sometimes spelled in katakana)
HAYABIKI
STRANGE DAYS
MAGICAL MOONIES,YEAH!!! (sometimes spelled in katakana)

THE ANIME SONG

The rest of the 200* may or may not be working titles for some of these (20021 and 20025 definitely do not have 'regular' titles yet).

...and I'm on the fence about these two, but could be all new songs, not sure:

FASHION SONG (might just be their old song オシャレ?)
NIOI PUNPUN (might just be their old song 匂い?)

...aaaanyway, I hope we'll get some sort of album announcement soon! :) 

Edited by Jigsaw9

Nice summary. I didn't think of Fashion Song being Oshare in disguise.
I always thought NIOI PUNPUN might be nioi but who knows. After The Shadow 2 turned out to be its own song, it wouldn't surprise me if these two songs were new.

Btw, is anyone here interested in the DVD "Я#4 "Aのススメ" or "The Doguu album"?
I have both of them brand new / unopened that I'm looking to sell -  preferably both at the same time.

Some unfortunate news that just arrived in the e-mail newsletter from the band / Canou:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2/7公演にて発表しましたが、ギターのKLEが脱退します・・・。

卒業公演は、4/27(moon)[顔面とサウンドが究極にかっこいいダンスパーティー part_01]公演と成ります。

最後まで応援よろしくお願いいたします。

※4/27以降、ライブ活動は休止予定です。
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guitarist KLE announced during munimuni's 2/7 gig that he is leaving the band.
He will be there until his 'graduation performance' on April 27th after which time the band pause live activities.

This band's lineup had one of the longest runs together? Maybe as long as that initially lineup when the band first started.
And I don't recall if they outright said  in the past if they would pause live acitivites after former members left. They usually just had a new guitarist / bassist / drummer lined up already to make a seamless transition.

What does that mean for all of those new songs?  Did they even hit the studio to record them or will several of them go unused if they were written by Kle?
Also there was one new song that was frequently the setlists recently:

薔薇色の夜

Barairo no yoru / Rose colored night

Awww damn, sucks to hear that. I caught some "graduation live" comment in their Gigs section at one of the upcoming dates, so I was already fearing what that might entail, lol.

I may be remembering this incorrectly, but a few months back they were posting some in-studio photos recording stuff, so hopefully this unfortunate development will not delay the album (or not too much).

Edited by Jigsaw9

13 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Awww damn, sucks to hear that. I caught some "graduation live" comment in their Gigs section at one of the upcoming dates, so I was already fearing what that might entail, lol.

I may be remembering this incorrectly, but a few months back they were posting some in-studio photos recording stuff, so hopefully this unfortunate development will not delay the album (or not too much).

That's good to hear, hopefully whatever they did record gets released relatively quickly an ddoesn't suffer the same fate as the doguu album did.