anadentone

Bands that you think are next to disband/hiatus/member leaving

seems like everytime I start liking a group, they disband :( or they'll stick around and then go on hiatus. Anytime a member leaves, the band usually breaks up a year later. So with that in m ind and the recent flow of good-byes . What bands do you think are next to disband, go on hiatus or loose a member (or two or three 😮 )

disband: 

LMC

Codomo Dragon (its not the same without sweetie pie high af face Kana)

Dog in the PWO 

Daizystripper

Hiatus:

Dog in the PWO (if they don't disband, they'll most likely go on hiatus)

Dimlim (they're still going right?)

Loose a member:

Royz

diaura

golden bomber?

Micro Head 4ns

Diaura? Based on what exactly?

The members have been playing together since 2008(?), it doesn't seem like anyone is about to leave whatsoever.

OT: idk, with all the side projects going on, 4 years to make the new album etc it would make sense for Dir en grey to take an activity pause. Especially since they never have done so. 

Yes Golden Bomber Lost a member a long Time ago, it's a Guy who play drums.

Zonbi Lost two members (a singer and a drummer).

I hope Codomo Dragon don't disband but I am sad of departure of Kana. Maybe a Hiatus. 

Disband or Hiatus for Kiryu because the health of Mahiro is not good.

THE GALLO:

Not because I have seen signs of disbandment,just bcuz they are the only solid thing left in vk to me and all my other favorite bands have disbanded.

So I kinda developed some sort of " Disband-Phobia" , which makes me think that I'm gonna lose them too anytime.

KIRYU:

I see Kiryu playing together till their 50's.they are a very creative band that can explore the traditional Japanese theme for more few decades.Japan needs  a band like them.They just need a less greedy label and a hiatus to get some rest before everything falls apart.

Edited by Manji 卍

I want to say Marco should take a break because recently Rei has been experiencing problems losing hearing in one ear, but their schedule is packed for the rest of the year (and there's even a 2019 date already set), so I want to keep my hopes up.

Also, I see Kiryu breaking up within the next year or so, Mahiro's condition sounds pretty serious and it could only get worse.

Wait what's all this about Mahiro's medical condition again?

I'm feeling like Mamireta will bite the dust within the next year or two most likely. Don't really see them lasting much longer than they have now, feels like they're kinda running dry already. 

Edited by Tokage

I won't think LM.C will disband.
This band has only two members who are friends in personal life.
Their latest album was really great and the only thing that makes me sad is that their popularity is lower since it was before 2012.

Gut feelings here. I'm also going for smaller bands, b/c bands in more prominent labels tend to just "stick around", even if it's their animated corpses. Hence, why Royz, Dog, and Blu-Billion are are still kicking =P (jk, they're all still popular, I've just lost interest, personally) A member-loss or extended hiatus is usually a shot at the Achilles' heel for those type of bands. Colors indicate confidence levels (+=red).

• I predict ラミヤ (Lamiya) will disband at the latter end of next year b/c while I like them, their sound is largely underappreciated as they lack a certain "intensity".
  • Awake will finally disband some time next year b/c that dead horse they're beating has nearly decomposed. They tried going "major" and ended up losing members & popularity in the process.
  • LOVE LOCK is bound for disbandment (perhaps in the near-future). I really enjoy them being around, especially Shibuya, but they're losing steam.
  • アルファリア (Alphalia) b/c they're the least impressive on Planet Child's roster. 

• I'm scared to say this, but I think ABOO might be short-lived. Soundcloud rappers have better promotion than these guys right now, I bet there are fans of DOWNER/ダウナー that still have no idea that they exist.
  • I'm giving グラビティ(Gravity) a year-and-a-half. Their songs are fun, but their title tracks are all anthemic and lyrically "meh". 
Edited by colorfuljinsei

*hugs Mahiro*  D; whatevers wrong with you, i hope it gets better

I forgot about Aboo and it's cousin Baboo- both would prolly disband  because I miss diaper kei 

another band which would probably  go on hiatus would be Exist Trace

@Takadanobabaalien  the way their label is going, Diaura might have to do a Cindy Kate :(

From what I've seen, Mahiro has some sort of eye condition which is progressively getting worse. Google it.

10 minutes ago, anadentone said:

Baboo- both would prolly disband  because I miss diaper kei

pretty sure Baboo is doing well since they're under Maverick I believe

also u have a thing for grown men in diapers? that's Creepy

Looked it up and apparently Mahiro's suffering from an (incurable) condition called retinitis pigmentosa... Yeah, that does sound like bad stuff. At the same time, it would -technically- not be impossible to continue performing even when blind / nearly blind... but i feel like that definitely wouldn't do his health any favors.

I'm honestly kind of surprised D haven't called it quits yet, by the way. How are they doing popularity-wise in Japan?

kink shaming in yr position is mod abuse btw @suji :^)

18 hours ago, anadentone said:

Hiatus:

Dimlim (they're still going right?)

Why? They didn't even go on hiatus when Tsubasa and Issei (who was their main composer) left and they're doing better now than they were last year.

16 hours ago, Manji 卍 said:

THE GALLO:

Not because I have seen signs of disbandment,just bcuz they are the only solid thing left in vk to me and all my other favorite bands have disbanded.

So I kinda developed some sort of " Disband-Phobia" , which makes me think that I'm gonna lose them too anytime.

They just got signed to Terakoya. I think they're fine.

DaizyStripper, Matenrou Opera, and D are all doing fine, too. I don't think any of them will disband within the next year or two despite being around for a long time.

Are ya'll just pulling names out of a hat or something. Many of these predictions seem pretty baseless to me.

Edited by Duwang

Matenrou has had pretty major venue size decline over the last few years, so for me i don't think it's totally as random as the others -- an Operer friend or two has expressed worries to me to that effect. if Matenrou disbanded i feel like it would be because of label issues stemming from profitability rather than lost passion since clearly the remaining members want to go on despite major member losses.

lynch. and D are fine bar some kind of internal strife, lynch. sold Tokyo Dome City Hall for November and D are still playing huge venues like Toyosu Pit for their finals. i don't understand how Daizy operates at all so no comment there...

by the way, tanuki has a similar thread.
here's some of their predictions, for fun:
Kiryu, Pentagon, Initial'L, Liphlich, DaizyStripper, 0.1g no gosan, R shitei
Kra (possibly next year), DIAURA, A9, Kizu, Vexent, Grimoire, Doubt/D=OUT
the Raid. (one prediction that a member will be leaving on their anniversary live next year)
Blu-Billion (mentioned a LOT, one poster claiming it will be announced at their tour final)

correct predictions:
FIXER (this prediction was made 7/30, hmm...)
Gossip (this prediction was made 9/24, HMMM)

meme prediction:
Starwave bands

Edited by cvltic

1 hour ago, cvltic said:

by the way, tanuki has a similar thread.

here's some of their predictions, for fun:
Liphlich, DaizyStripper, Kra (possibly next year), Vexent, D=OUT, Blu-Billion

pretty sure all these bands have long maxed out their popularity lol, they're just sustaining whoever they got around (which might be enough). vexent are a shitshow so LMFAO

buuuut daizy just went major...guess ppl still wanna see them LOL

1 hour ago, cvltic said:

Initial'L

I kind of see them going on a hiatus very soon and either pulling a Duel Jewel and coming back as Lycaon, or restarting their act as visual again under same name because by the end of Lycaon their CDs at least were selling well and now they're one step away from shilling $90 upcycled gap hoodies akin to the fellow flops 8PB-J

Edited by nekkichi

It actually seems quite likely that LIPHLICH disbands or goes on a hiatus soon, since they already mentioned they were considering it because of the problems with Wataru.  And they still haven't released the album they were supposed to release back in summer, so it doesn't seem like things are getting better for them

I hate saying this, but didn't Ryutaro say Plastic Tree is "entering its final phase" or smth like That?  I love them, but dooradore was a huge letdown.  Maybe sometime next year they'll disband. 🤔

9 hours ago, Tokage said:

I'm honestly kind of surprised D haven't called it quits yet, by the way. How are they doing popularity-wise in Japan?

They keep the same fanbase they've always had. Which apparently is enough to keep them going. their tour final at Akasaka Blitz in August was packed.