anadentone

Bands that you think are next to disband/hiatus/member leaving

I've actually had a feeling that grimoire might disband as well. They've been very quiet and one member dropped. Is that enough to make them kick the bucket? No idea but the silence is worrying. Although they have released a mini album, album and singles within a year as far as vk schedules go they've done the bare minimum in 2018. 

With manterou opera what made me think of disband is the fact the vocalist has a solo project now. It's just a guess lol I don't have any inside info. 

D=OUT are consistent in their success as far as I know and I hope they keep going for a bit longer... If they break up I will only have the gazette left in my "fan for over a decade" club. 

Can't see gosan disbanding without some major drama going down. Pentagon have been all over the place, but they're still very popular, right? Unless that label's other oshare band has been up selling pentagon I don't know if they'd disband any time soon. 

I feel like Mamireta will be short lived as well. One hit underwear sniffing, tabemasu-ing, break-dancing wonder.

In before LACK-CO disbands. 

I also feel like XaaXaa will disband or take an indefinite hiatus soon. I hear they haven't been the greatest since their previous drummer left and the new one is always messing up songs. 

Surprised Kiryu is still going. 

DIMLIM Probably, though I wish and hope they don't because I like them. 

I don't think LM.C would exactly disband, maybe take an actually break and return.

On 10/2/2018 at 1:35 PM, Tokage said:

Wait what's all this about Mahiro's medical condition again?

I'm feeling like Mamireta will bite the dust within the next year or two most likely. Don't really see them lasting much longer than they have now, feels like they're kinda running dry already. 

Nah Mamireta is the only thing FORUM/PUNCH makes money from, so I doubt they will be allowed to disband.

On 10/2/2018 at 11:06 PM, anadentone said:

*hugs Mahiro*  D; whatevers wrong with you, i hope it gets better

I forgot about Aboo and it's cousin Baboo- both would prolly disband  because I miss diaper kei 

another band which would probably  go on hiatus would be Exist Trace

@Takadanobabaalien  the way their label is going, Diaura might have to do a Cindy Kate :(

Diaura was alone on AINS for a couple of years before Yukika even signed Grieva. I don't say it's impossible but I'd be very shocked if Yukika close down AINS from out of nowhere. Eitherway they would have no problem being self financed or finding a new label anyway.

10 hours ago, togz said:

In before LACK-CO disbands.

I think Lack-co will go on as long as Tenten has to keep his "bandomen" status for his mitsu-girlfriend to sponsor him. It's his hobby band now I feel, only Milk and San have to "BL" whore themselves out for the band....

It's more likely the fans giving up on them since they deliver too little... music whise

56 minutes ago, Masato said:

It's more likely the fans giving up on them since they deliver too little... music whise

They do deliver too little, however, I've seen them live like 3 times (at events) and they not only drive the crowd insane with crazy moshing and stuff but also most fans seemed to be a tad older than the average VK gya. Some have probably been following Tenten since who knows when. 

They also seem to have an interesting amount of male fans.

1 hour ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

Eitherway they would have no problem being self financed or finding a new label anyway.

I see them joining GCR and then leaving with drama a-la-Shingo.

11 hours ago, togz said:

I also feel like XaaXaa will disband or take an indefinite hiatus soon. I hear they haven't been the greatest since their previous drummer left and the new one is always messing up songs. 

DIMLIM Probably, though I wish and hope they don't because I like them. 

I've been going to XAA-XAA regularly for a couple of years and I, too, thought they were going to disband. Last year after Roji  left they reached rock bottom. Their live attendance was pitiful for a good 6-7 months, but they've got their fire back despite An being a terrible drummer. Theyve gained a lot of new fans recently and some of the fans who stopped going started coming again. 

I also think Kazuki is too stubborn to let the band break up so I don't think theyll disband soon. 

As for DIMLIM, their taiban attendance is still pretty low but they have plenty of people at onemans. They're doing better now than they were last year. 

58 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

They do deliver too little, however, I've seen them live like 3 times (at events) and they not only drive the crowd insane with crazy moshing and stuff but also most fans seemed to be a tad older than the average VK gya. Some have probably been following Tenten since who knows when. 

I know,  that's why they will not break up. But the no release drama is a thing with their fans..... 

11 hours ago, Komorebi said:

huh That's interesting to hear about the male fans because Chemical Pictures and My Bacteria Heat IsLand also had a decent male following. It's gotta be a tenten thing. I'm not surprised... all the members are from that 2003/2004 hype wave of bands except for drummer boy. I think even if they disband Tenten will ALWAYS resurface.

11 hours ago, Duwang said:

I've been going to XAA-XAA regularly for a couple of years and I, too, thought they were going to disband. Last year after Roji  left they reached rock bottom. Their live attendance was pitiful for a good 6-7 months, but they've got their fire back despite An being a terrible drummer. Theyve gained a lot of new fans recently and some of the fans who stopped going started coming again. 

I also think Kazuki is too stubborn to let the band break up so I don't think theyll disband soon. 

As for DIMLIM, their taiban attendance is still pretty low but they have plenty of people at onemans. They're doing better now than they were last year. 

I'm glad to hear that Xaax is doing better. I was supposed to see them while I was in Japan but i think they were unable to make the show because of a car accident or something so my friend and I just didn't go. 

I really like DIMLIM, while the vocalist and some guitar work resemble Dir en grey vibes... they still have their own thing going on for the most part. 

10 hours ago, Ro plz said:

Mejibray...its been a minute since they announced anything new.

Uhh, the band is officially on "hiatus" but it's one of those hiatuses that they'll probably never return from like 12012 or Sadie. As far as anyone's concerned, MEJIBRAY is dead. Koichi and Tsuzuku left because of contract whatevers and turned into j-pop fuccbois who are basically exiled from the Japanese entertainment industry.

15 hours ago, Ro plz said:

Mejibray...its been a minute since they announced anything new.

They are gone for good, basically dead and buried. The only way we will ever see mejibray again is if Mia and Meto decide to make a tribute a few years from now and get a guest vocalist/bassist.

Some of the guesses here even make me as someone who's never been to Japan or doesn't know a lick of japanese feel like an insider of the biz. Mamireta disbanding while they're clearly growing in popularity is impossible bar some totally extraordinary circumstance and Gazette and Lynch have pretty evidently zero reasons to disband as well functioning T-shirt factories, oh and... Mejibray? Seriously

Edited by Disposable

5 hours ago, Saishu said:

No one saw the sarcasm in this?

Hahahaha, I was waiting for someone to get it. 

2 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Has anyone guessed DECAYS yet? 🤔

Yo Mods, how do you delete someone else's post? This one cut me deep man. I thought we were cool.

Why would you say this?

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

Why?

52 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

Yo Mods, how do you delete someone else's post? This one cut me deep man. I thought we were cool.

Why would you say this?

Just a hunch... no releases since 2017, multiple member changes in their short existence, not a lot of touring iirc...

I know DEG released an album this year, but even sukekiyo managed to get one (or two) releases out there.

Then there's SERAPH, which I'd already consider to be on hiatus.

1 minute ago, Seelentau said:

Just a hunch... no releases since 2017, multiple member changes in their short existence, not a lot of touring iirc...

I know DEG released an album this year, but even sukekiyo managed to get one (or two) releases out there.

Then there's SERAPH, which I'd already consider to be on hiatus.

It seems that member change is their shtick. Maybe every member change adds something to their music style and etc. 

Also, we should wait for the end of the European tour, maybe then Die will announce some new Decays stuff (he did the same after Mode of WtD).

Yeah, they’ve been changing members since the beginning. It’s a revolving door of artists like Nine Inch Nails. As for their output, I would imagine touring and recording with DEG affected Die’s ability to invest the time. 

2 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Yeah, they’ve been changing members since the beginning. It’s a revolving door of artists like Nine Inch Nails. As for their output, I would imagine touring and recording with DEG affected Die’s ability to invest the time. 

Also, comparing to Sukekiyo, Kyo isn't a musician. So, while Kyo tours with DEG, Takumi or others already can write new songs. That isn't the case for Decays.