TheZigzagoon

Lives that you wish got DVD releases

Basically any live performance from a band that you wish got a DVD but didn't 

For me, it has to be Nightmare live at Hibiya Open air arena in 2013. They performed songs like Cyan, Jibun no Hana and Lost in Blue, generally songs they rarely play. It deserves a DVD 

I think Malice Mizer could have released more than they did. At least there's fan versions out there of say...Tetsu era, but still.  I don't think I'd ever have enough, though.

Izabel Varosa I really liked. I wish they had released that damn full-length they had planned and a concert before peacing out.

Edited by Paraph

Kagrra, never released DVDs for the tours they made to promote three of their albums (雫, Core and 珠) and I really, really would've liked to have watched those concerts. They basically went 6 years without releasing any live footage whatsoever and it sucks nobody ever got to watch those (in the West, at least) and we had to settle for some hard-to-find, fanclub-only digest footage.

Edited by saishuu

29 minutes ago, saishuu said:

Kagrra, never released DVDs for the tours they made to promote three of their albums (雫, Core and 珠) and I really, really would've liked to have watched those concerts. They basically went 6 years without releasing any live footage whatsoever and it sucks nobody ever got to watch those (in the West, at least) and we had to settle for some hard-to-find, fanclub-only digest footage.

This! Kagrra has such great music, and their amazing music and Isshi's unique vocals really shine when played live (from the available live DVDs). I especially love those albums so I'm quite bummed there was never any DVD releases of those lives. 

Fun topic!

(Correct me if I'm wrong and they did release something...) I don't think there was really a live DVD from Kagerou's indie, pre-full album days.

Basically I wish they'd released a concert DVD from the show(s) they recorded the Wrist Cutter PV at.

Zekkyou Psycopath was good, but nothing touches Daisuke's sequined suits from the wrist cutter video.

I kind of wish the GazettE had a DVD for their Christmas live they did way back. If I remember correctly, they even played some Christmas songs. 

Basically every tour final date Dir did during their pre-Kisou era. They had a Bodukan for Missa in 1998, another Budokan for Macabre in 2001, and then a lot of big venue lives (NHK Hall, Diamond Hall, Hibiya, etc.) back in the day. I don't know what could have we done if it wasn't for that 1999 Osaka-jou live releasing... Being the only footage from that era available I should have watched and re-watched it countless times.

There actually are some digest compilations for Missa and Macabre eras, but fuck them, they are fucking awful to watch! You can't appreaciate a single number, only cutscenes passing each other frenetically...

Just compare Kiri to mayu or Erode, which have literally zero live releasings, to 2011's Obscure and Rasetsukoku...ew, why?

It really pisses me off, gurl

- a full live DVD from BUCK-TICK's "Aku no hana" or "Darker than darkness" days

- extended or full footage from MALICE MIZER's already existing Gackt-era DVDs (especially "Voyage" era)

- a decently recorded LAB. THE BASEMENT live DVD

- a decently recorded MUNIMUNI live DVD

Edited by Jigsaw9