Sign in to follow this  
chemicalpictures

BAROQUE new single YOU & new tour [FALLING FOR // YOU]

BAROQUE announced the release of the new single, YOU. More details will be disclosed at a later date.

New tour [FALLING FOR // YOU] announced aswell. details: http://pigmy.jp/live/#falling_for_you

a bootleg live version of YOU was leaked last year:

I do hope they improve the song on the recorded version, cuz this one is a bit bland, tbh

Go away baroque. 

I was so happy to see you be revived couple years ago but lately you don’t sound like Brq. Your last album and recent singles are like kannivalism leftovers. 

Quit tarnishing the Brq name. 

28 minutes ago, Furik said:

lately you don’t sound like Brq

And they never will because the members that were the actual heart and founding members of the band were punched out of it and the whole music industry by the dudes that remain.

Right now baroque is a just a way of getting more attention for songs that are kannivalism in everything but name, because kannivalism was never as good or popular as baroque. If baroque remained split the fans would have won and we would have the music baroque is currently producing released as kannivalism or Kei's solo work and we would have Akira's and Bansaku's band(s?) too keep that style alive too. But Ryo and Kei are just too selfish and toxic and pushed other members out of the industry and them kept the band for their own selfish good.

If they were making good music or had any respect for the sound and the legacy of the band I would not be has harsh. But it ain't the case.

Fuck these guys

Edited by madygrain

1 hour ago, madygrain said:

And they never will because the members that were the actual heart and founding members of the band were punched out of it and the whole music industry by the dudes that remain.

Right now baroque is a just a way of getting more attention for songs that are kannivalism in everything but name, because kannivalism was never as good or popular as baroque. If baroque remained split the fans would have won and we would have the music baroque is currently producing released as kannivalism or Kei's solo work and we would have Akira's and Bansaku's band(s?) too keep that style alive too. But Ryo and Kei are just too selfish and toxic and pushed other members out of the industry and them kept the band for their own selfish good.

If they were making good music or had any respect for the sound and the legacy of the band I would not be has harsh. But it ain't the case.

Fuck these guys

Dude I don't really know why do you keep going on this idea that kei and ryo are the devil incarnate.

Bansaku bailed on the band not once, but twice. Dude is clearly fucked up on the head, and that's well known. Then Akira stood with them for a while and got into that fight with kei that made him left the band, that you could put on his tab, I guess

Now, grown up dudes being PUSHED OUT OF THE SCENE by their ex-band members is so laughable it's not even an argument. poor helpless grown ass adults...

boogieman disbanded not because they sucked or anything, but simply because they couldn't sell enough to maintain what's was invested in them. The last hurrah with heartless vocalist wasn't enough and their called it quits. It's easy as that, nothing to do with kei or ryo again

And even by going with that "sounding like brq", get Sug Life or most of their old releases and look up for the composer. 90% is kei. So they don't do the sound you like anymore, they don't get to call themselves baroque then? When other members left the band on their own?

dudes probably are not saints, kei is quite known his troubles, but nobody is. And I really don't see why an old geezer and their senpai like Akira couldn't handle himself or the business properly if he had any interest on it.

C'mon, let's get back to the real world for a sec

Edited by chemicalpictures

1 hour ago, chemicalpictures said:

Dude I don't really know why do you keep going on this idea that kei and ryo are the devil incarnate.

I don't, thats your own hyperbole.

Bansaku bailed on the band not once, but twice. Dude is clearly fucked up on the head

Citation needed. He didn't want to leave when he was in another band. He just left everytime he was in baroque. Maybe Bansaku and Baroque don't gel too well. But knowing he was with Akira in another band, it would seem like the problem for him were Ryo and Kei.  Wouldn't you say this is more reasoned and grounded that "he's fucked in the head lol wut do u expect bruh"?

Now, grown up dudes being PUSHED OUT OF THE SCENE by their ex-band members is so laughable it's not even an argument. poor helpless grown ass adults...

Being an adult is not a factor, sounds you're just dismissive of the actual situation here.

Leaving a band without notice in the middle of production of an album for a major label is the kind of stuff that gets you blacklisted, regardless of how much of an adult you are. And Akira didn't leave because he wanted.  He left because he was dealing with physical abuse. But hey, Akira should be the bigger man here and behave like an adult! Sure, man. Sure.

boogieman disbanded not because they sucked or anything, but simply because they couldn't sell enough to maintain what's was invested in them. The last hurrah with heartless vocalist wasn't enough and their called it quits.

This is true. But the situation generated by Ryo and Kei prevented Akira to have a real second chance at music with boogieman or else.

And even by going with that "sounding like brq", get Sug Life or most of their old releases and look up for the composer. 90% is kei

This is a oversimplification. Rock bands are a group effort and every single member contributes and the resulting music is somthing that fits all of them in some way or another. The main composer is important, but arrangements and production mold the style of a song and that wasn't exclusively done to Kei's wish: the sound makes it self evident. If Kei's and Ryo's tastes and inclinations were the same as Akira's and Bansaku's Kannivalism would not had continued after baroque was formed. There wouldn't be the need for branching off again. Sug Life and Nonfiction have a sound that is distinct from kannivalism and Kei's solo work. This does not happen with Planetary secret onwards.

Plus: when brq disbanded in 2004 the reason cited was "it wouldn't be the same without Bansaku". They temselves considered him an integral part of the band. Now they're ok with that AND Akira leaving. But they're not hypocrites, not saying that. They just openly abandoned what makes baroque, well, baroque.

Edited by madygrain

8 hours ago, madygrain said:

Citation needed. He didn't want to leave when he was in another band. He just left everytime he was in baroque. Maybe Bansaku and Baroque don't gel too well. But knowing he was with Akira in another band, it would seem like the problem for him were Ryo and Kei.  Wouldn't you say this is more reasoned and grounded that "he's fucked in the head lol wut do u expect bruh"?

I would, but tbh I'm really really lazy right now. but do a quick google on their situation, on how he would sometimes go missing without telling any of the members, how he treated the fans really poorly and was instable a lot of times, even back during the old days. and after the revival, he decided to leave after like 8, 9 months, without notice, the band had to tour without him  and then sending a note through a spokeperson and didn't want any contact with any of them or their management, including Akira. Don't take my word on it, look it up

Being an adult is not a factor, sounds you're just dismissive of the actual situation here.

Leaving a band without notice in the middle of production of an album for a major label is the kind of stuff that gets you blacklisted, regardless of how much of an adult you are. And Akira didn't leave because he wanted.  He left because he was dealing with physical abuse. But hey, Akira should be the bigger man here and behave like an adult! Sure, man. Sure.

Nah, If you are afraid or think you've been wronged or abused you go to the police and negotiate you contractual situation later if needed. He did neither, he went on hiding from the members and the staff. He abandoned his contract. Kei was on the wrong side for sure, he knew it and tried to fix it, if the situation was as you make it look like, he could get kei out of the band easily. There's no defense for going into fistfights. Only problem is that he would have to deal with a two album deal he wouldn't be able to finish, so he made his choice to negotiate out of it. He may have draw the short straw there, but to me it looks like both Akira and Bansaku were in it for the quick cash. If he got blacklisted (which is so not likely, the contract was fulfilled in the end, and in any case nobody would give a rats ass about it if he went back to the indie scene) he should have found a better way to deal with the situation. But yeah, there's no denial it was a clusterfuck for everyone there

This is a oversimplification. Rock bands are a group effort and every single member contributes and the resulting music is somthing that fits all of them in some way or another. The main composer is important, but arrangements and production mold the style of a song and that wasn't exclusively done to Kei's wish: the sound makes it self evident. If Kei's and Ryo's tastes and inclinations were the same as Akira's and Bansaku's Kannivalism would not had continued after baroque was formed. There wouldn't be the need for branching off again. Sug Life and Nonfiction have a sound that is distinct from kannivalism and Kei's solo work. This does not happen with Planetary secret onwards. 

And this is naive. Most of the times bands actually are not a group effort. Recording is, finalizing touchs and sprinkles sure, but heavy  composition work, not so much. And brq trademark style is so easy to notice during every work kei had done, the argument gets pretty much self explanatory when you get to analise the structures of songs like gariron, gakidou, passing moments, monochrome, life is, 17, rinzen identity, mellow hollow, swallow the night, black bane. Same with easy going ballads. That's all kei. They've changed? sure. They're still brq? most definitely

Edited by chemicalpictures

5 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

how he treated the fans really poorly and was instable a lot of times, even back during the old days.

Let's not believe everything tanuki says now, please.

he decided to leave after like 8, 9 months, without notice, the band had to tour without him  and then sending a note through a spokeperson and didn't want any contact with any of them or their management

Yes, but the notion that this was done because he's madman is a bit of a strech. He made a serious, rational decision motivated by whatever circumstances he was going through. And history tells us that he's more OK with some baroque members than others.

including Akira

Because Akira wasn't leaving the band at the time. The first time he decided to leave everyone did, they disbanded. 

If you are afraid or think you've been wronged or abused you go to the police and negotiate you contractual situation

Only if you care about your contract and if you are willing to put up with a burocracy driven, slow solution to the problem and you are willing to remain in contact for procedures. If you don't want a new contract and a restraining order or the offender to be fined, you just want to get out of there because you're being abused, you leave. You can do that.

He abandoned his contract.

Wich is an adult and lawful thing to do. The majority of people do that when they change jobs. Most people don't make the desision between their coworker's punches, though!

if the situation was as you make it look like, he could get kei out of the band easily

The situation was: Kei has a record of hitting people. Kei hits Akira, Akira leaves because he doesn't want that.

Also, the asumption that Akira would want Kei out of the band is unsubstained AFAIK. He wanted to play with him, that's why they all got back together. But if playing with him involves getting hit he probably doesn't want it anymore. It's not about "keeping the band for themselves". At least not for Akira or Bansaku.

but to me it looks like both Akira and Bansaku were in it for the quick cash.

Maybe, but the reunion was literally free when it kicked off. By the time they left they just had released like 4 singles that cost like 500 JPY each. They probaly were not millionaires by the time they ran away.

Most of the times bands actually are not a group effort.

It's worth noting that:

• The reason Kei punched Akira was that after the workload each of them had to deal with after Bansaku left was too great for their timeline and he was allegedly stresed about  it. Also, ever since Akira also left, Baroque's releases are have slowed down to a crawl. Simply because Kei doesn't do or even can't do everything.
  • When they disbanded they did it because it wouldn't be the same with Bansaku, meaning the band and their work would lose some of it's identity. Nothing points to it not being a group effort and a Kei puppet show instead.

finalizing touchs and sprinkles sure, but heavy  composition work, not so much. And brq trademark style is so easy to notice during every work kei had done, the argument gets pretty much self explanatory when you get to analise the structures of songs like (...). Same with easy going ballads. That's all kei.

Oversimplified again. Too eager to reduce everything to Kei (understandable, given how much he really loves to put out there of much he works on the post-Akira baroque, but it wasn't allways like that).

Yes, composers tend to use similar structures, of course. But the style, the atmosphere and texture of the song, the upper layers, are decided upon by the whole of the band to set a direction they all find good, interesting, motivating or whatever. You can play any composition in an infinite number of ways. Not saying it's not important but it's not the end all be all of music. Non fiction was a good compropmise  between Akira's trademark rock inclination and the mellow stuff Kei and Ryo usually do. Now that Akira and Bansaku are gone, that aspect of their music is mostly completely absent or done in a way that is uncharacteristic compared to what Akira was putting out. So, yes, a huge chunk of their appeal was lost. The fact that it doesn't affect you or that you don't care because you like that style too doesn't change that fact. But even someone who loves sweets wouldn't have lunch at their favorite italian restaurant if it became a candy shop overnight.

Edited by madygrain

14 hours ago, EzraEroguro said:

What the hell is the Tea on this Ryo and kei tomfoolery?

Like, fr, i need answers.

Kei is know for be a moody person few examples of his facts :

- in 2003 after the unique concert of Baroque in Nippon Budokan the offical website of Baroque was closed and 4 concerts was cancelled the reason of that was Kei stopped smoking and drinking, he became so irascible that he fought with Nippon Budokan staff at the end of the concert.

When theirs record company knew about that they became furious about them and wanted fired them but theirs producer Dynamite Tommy saved them, theirs record company Sony Music wanted suspended the group for a year but they was suspended just for few months.

- in 2007 when Kannivalism   release the single Hoshi no Yoru Kei did not deign to show up, or even answer the phone, at the start of the promotion, so their record company decided to force him to sleep on the 3rd floor of the Avex offices in Tokyo in a closet surrounded by cardboard boxes.

Great news!!! another single :) i'm sure there will an album release next year which I'm definitely looking forward.

About the useless discussion going on in this thread lol, kannivalism and baroque sound the same to me sometimes (criticize me all you want for this statement, I don't care the least) and that is probably because kei is the main composer in both baroque and kannivalism. And what makes these band come to life is ryo, because baroque/kannivalism voice is their trademark for me. As long as kyo continues singing and kei composing, people who enjoy their compositions will follow them. 

Now, go ahead and spread anger and criticize me, i'll be waiting patiently so I can laugh wohoo :)

On 10/7/2018 at 8:25 PM, Lereku said:

- in 2007 when Kannivalism   release the single Hoshi no Yoru Kei did not deign to show up, or even answer the phone, at the start of the promotion, so their record company decided to force him to sleep on the 3rd floor of the Avex offices in Tokyo in a closet surrounded by cardboard boxes.

What? That sounds like this industry...but still...

Covers and tracklist has been released. 

jk_you_syokai.jpg

Limited Edition【初回限定盤】(1,800 yen + taxes)
[DISC 1:CD]
1: YOU
2: YOU [Instrumental Ver.]

[DISC 2 : DVD]
何千何万何億の君への想い 2018 –MUSIC CLIP–

jk_you_tsujyou.jpg

Regular Edition 【通常盤】(1,200 yen + taxes)
2: 何千何万何億の君への想い 2018
3: YOU [Instrumental Ver.]

jk_you_gentei.jpg

Live/Mail Order Limited Edition 【会場・通販限定盤】 <数量限定> (5,000 yen) [It will come in special packaging and will come with a postcard as a bonus for buying it at the live or through mail order. It will be sold in limited quantities.]

2: 何千何万何億の君への想い 2018
3: YOU [Acoustic Ver.]
4: YOU [Instrumental Ver.]
5: 何千何万何億の君への想い 2018 [Instrumental Ver.]
6: AN ETERNITY [LIVE]
7: FLOWER OF ROMANCE [LIVE]
*Live Take at 仙台darwin on September 14, 2018
8: PLAY [LIVE]
9: G I R L [LIVE]
10: BLACK BANE [LIVE]
11: キズナ [LIVE Acoustic Ver.]
*Live Take at ディファ有明on December 25, 2017

[DISC 2 : DVD]
1: 何千何万何億の君への想い 2018 -MUSIC CLIP-
2: BONUS FOOTAGE

【会場・通販限定特典内容】
├ Acoustic Ver.
└ ライブ音源全6曲
[DISC 2:DVD]
└ BONUS FOOTAGE

Source: http://pigmy.jp/release/

Edited by monkeybanana4

I love the new look and the single preview, also the new version of 何千何万何億の君への想い sounds very modern, thats one of my favorite songs by them so I am looking forward to this release ^^  i hope they release a new album soon, there are enough singles.. and another bluray please :D

Sign in to follow this