Shion8

BUCK-TICK

A kind soul uploaded a bootleg audio recording of the band's gig at Shinjuku Jam on 1985/12/04. Not only was this one of the very earliest shows under the BUCK-TICK name, but it was the debut live of Atsushi as the vocalist and Toll as the drummer (and the lineup remains unchanged ever since :))!

Obviously the recording quality is what it is, but for a random 35-year-old bootleg cassette recording from a small venue it's very nice.

Edited by Jigsaw9

I just remembered this truly iconic TV performance from 1995 where Imai just does not give a single fuck anymore and proceeds to switch between "look ma', no hands!" and tuning his guitar during the solo. Also some amusing flailing all throughout. :D

(jeez this video quality is abysmal tho, I couldn't find a better one sry)

Maybe he doesn't particularly enjoy having to pretend to play to a backing track (I don't blame him, lol). It seems this has become somewhat of a running gag for him in the '90s btw, like this riveting guitar wizardry during Candy (even Hide checks out at the end of the solo). I also remember some tomfoolery during another 1996 TV appearance and an earlier occasion where both Hisashi and Hide pretended to play giant-ass sitars in a song clearly not arranged for that (it might have been Dress?), but I can't seem to find those on YT sadly.

Edited by Jigsaw9

I love this guitar design with the built-in theremin so much.

Also, as a small piece of news, Imai wrote something in another Insta post about being "almost finished" with recording (not sure if this is concerning recording all instruments or just guitars, or for the single or the full album). 8) 

Edited by Jigsaw9