Jump to content
monkeybanana4

Good scanner?

Recommended Posts

Hi, I have some stuff lying around that I wanted to scan. However, the only scanner I have at home has died and I've went through several of them before they all died on me after a short period of time. I was wondering, what are some good scanners to use to scan magazines, booklets, etc.? Much help would be appreciated! Thank you so much in advance :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a scannerholic! I scan just about everything from pics to magazines. I highly recommend the Epson Perfection V33; it costs about $70 on Amazon, comes with additional software like the Scan & Stitch (which I don't really use but whatevs), and has the ability to scan to email or PDF also. Also, when you open it, the door can lay flat so that you can scan book pages without having to flop the book around to get the whole display scanned (definitely perfect for panoramic scans!)

 

I've had this baby for about 2 years or so, haven't had much trouble with it except when Windows updates and it doesn't wanna come on at first (but I've learned how to manage that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a canon quality scanner myself, which scans images in high quality and does it nice 'n fast.

I mainly chose it as it was quite recomended trough online scanner forums/reddit posts for scanner around 120 dollar

 

 i surely for the life of me will never buy an epson product, but i base my dislike for them on their printers.

Edited by Shadowtear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can also vouch for EPSON scanners (not so much their printers...that one goes to brother) as I own a V550. I would probably go for the V39 since you can get Prime shipping with it (usu. indicative of the latest item in a product line), and everything else is pretty much overkill, if you're just doing booklet & magazine scans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, suji said:

I'm a scannerholic! I scan just about everything from pics to magazines. I highly recommend the Epson Perfection V33; it costs about $70 on Amazon, comes with additional software like the Scan & Stitch (which I don't really use but whatevs), and has the ability to scan to email or PDF also. Also, when you open it, the door can lay flat so that you can scan book pages without having to flop the book around to get the whole display scanned (definitely perfect for panoramic scans!)

 

I've had this baby for about 2 years or so, haven't had much trouble with it except when Windows updates and it doesn't wanna come on at first (but I've learned how to manage that).

That's awesome! I'll definitely look into it. I've always had that problem of flipping books/magazines just to get a clean, wide scan. What's the problem with it when Window updates? 

8 hours ago, Shadowtear said:

I use a canon quality scanner myself, which scans images in high quality and does it nice 'n fast.

I mainly chose it as it was quite recomended trough online scanner forums/reddit posts for scanner around 120 dollar

 

 i surely for the life of me will never buy an epson product, but i base my dislike for them on their printers.

Cool! I've always used canon as a printer, not as a scanner. If it's not too much trouble to ask, what type of canon scanner do you use?

7 hours ago, colorfuljinsei said:

Can also vouch for EPSON scanners (not so much their printers...that one goes to brother) as I own a V550. I would probably go for the V39 since you can get Prime shipping with it (usu. indicative of the latest item in a product line), and everything else is pretty much overkill, if you're just doing booklet & magazine scans. 

Thanks so much for the Amazon link! This scanner looks perfect :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

 

Cool! I've always used canon as a printer, not as a scanner. If it's not too much trouble to ask, what type of canon scanner do you use?

 

Just a Canon Lide one.

Its compact and quite nice, tbf it is not 100% accurare on color, but i wont expect such on this price.

Its very sharp and looks good, which is what i care for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×