Sign in to follow this  
chocobuzz

ヴァージュ (Virge) bassist 沁 (Shin) will depart

ヴァージュ (Virge) bassist 沁 (Shin) will depart after their oneman live on 11.11.

Spoiler

https://ameblo.jp/virge-official/entry-12405711459.html?timestamp=1537196458

comment from Shin:

急な発表でごめんね。11月11日池袋EDGEワンマン「影踏み」を持ってヴァージュを脱退することになりました。嘘偽りなく伝えると自分自身のことをどう在るべきなのか考え、他に叶えたい新しい夢が見つかり、100%の状態でこれからも音楽と真剣に向き合うことが困難になりメンバーと何度も話し合いこのような結果に至りました。応援してくれていたファンの皆、何度も引き止めてくれてわがままを許してくれたメンバーごめんね。有り難う。

11月11日を迎えて俺は音楽活動を引退します。引退して自分で決めた道を進みます。急な発表ではあるけど真剣に考えて決めたことです。今でも、そしてこれからもずっとヴァージュのファンとメンバーが大好きです。

残り僅かな時間だけどヴァージュのベーシストとして支えるのでこれからもヴァージュを応援宜しくお願いします。

Seems that he will also be retiring from the whole music scene (?).

Well R.I.P. Virge I guess, Shin was their main (sole?) composer so they're more or less screwed without him. This really, really sucks.

Edit: I'm a moron

Edited by rvrgf

13 minutes ago, rvrgf said:

Well R.I.P. Virge I guess, Shin was their main (sole?) composer so they're more or less screwed without him. This really, really sucks.

I wouldn't say they're necessarily in danger of disbanding, at least according to their lyric booklets Shin has only composed "蓮華". "夜明け、灰色の呼吸", "凶夢" and "ワイセツCandy" were composed by Sizuki and all the rest by Ryo. ^^

9 minutes ago, chocobuzz said:

according to their lyric booklets Shin has only composed "蓮華". "夜明け、灰色の呼吸", "凶夢" and "ワイセツCandy" were composed by Sizuki and all the rest by Ryo. ^^

That so? I'll have to double check later but I swear Shin was credited for most of the compositions, though I will more than gladly take being wrong here.

Edit: I just checked and it seems you're right, I have no idea where I got the idea that Shin composed all their music. Thanks for letting me know, I was about having a heart attack and would never have thought to actually check if I was even right or not.

Edited by rvrgf

Did he do a lot of the composing for Malisend? (I don't own many of their releases so I can't check) I think I had that thought stuck in my head for some reason and would have assumed something similar for Virge, but I'm glad that's not the case.

Still, it's sad to see him leave. :( I hope the band can go on without him, it would be a shame to lose them now.

I was also under the impression he was the lead composer, not much of a loss it seems

here's to ryo taking the lead!

Edited by emmny

Sign in to follow this