SilverEspeon__

YOHIO new single, "Tick Tack (Genius)" release

I have the feeling that I'm probably going to be the few people to push the fact this is the admittedly distasteful YOHIO aside.

I dislike his vocal quality, but the composition actually isn't bad. It's better than his other releases.

Sort of tired of the mildly narcissistic lyrics, though.

With that said, it might just be me, but the composition sounds similar to another song I've heard that I can't put my finger on. Hmm.

Regardless, I wish that he would release more for DISREIGN, as that was actually a very impressive project.

I think that NAïVE had some potential too, but it's been a little while and I don't know if he'll genuinely actually release it.

Following in daddy Yoshiki's footsteps with those TBA releases, I see.

EDIT: I do sort of like the harmonies tbh.

Edited by ahnchc

(Lurk mode off)

I do think this is fine, narcissitic lyrics aside (though I remember reading an interview where he said he wanted to be provoking or something? Idk, though). I still would've preferred one of those japanese songs he has performed before (like "NAiVE" as mentioned above) or something from DISREIGN instead, but this works too. Though I'll admit I might be a bit biased since I do kind of like his work (but I will admit his older work isn't the best). 

By the way, isn't this the same user who repeatedly posted stuff about YOHIO and DISREIGN a year or two ago? (a friend of mine told me about some user doing something like that and looking at their account, they seem to fit that description) What made them come back?

(Lurk mode on)

EDIT: Just a FYI for those who read my post, I still prefer DISREIGN's stuff over anything YOHIO makes in his solo career.  Just because I don't think this is that bad doesn't mean I think it's as good as DISREIGN's stuff. I just think it's not too bad by YOHIO's standards.

Edited by AmberCrystal17

How is the production so bad? It sounds like the verse of Cry me a river with Yohio doing a really tacky RnB impression. Is he aiming for the charts with this? Jesus the lyrics too...

also lmao about 500 views for a video that has been out for a day. Rip flophio 

Edited by Disposable

2 hours ago, Disposable said:

How is the production so bad? It sounds like the verse of Cry me a river with Yohio doing a really tacky RnB impression. Is he aiming for the charts with this? Jesus the lyrics too...

also lmao about 500 views for a video that has been out for a day. Rip flophio 

Erm, random question and not a defense or anything: What do you mean with "production"? I'm just wondering because I see it mentioned in other music reviews and even some film reviews, and I don't know what they mean when they talk about it.

Although I doubt he was aiming for the charts with this, lmao. If he was, then he would've released something else. 

Edited by AmberCrystal17

The video has been out for about a half a month and it only has about 5k views, which is constitutes a massive flop considering the numbas he used to pull. He done fucked up. The Kerbera clip that was uploaded a day ago has 13k views (half of which are probably Rajesh and Sanjay from the bot factory like much of Seike's twitter followers, but I digress,) so in a strange turn of events Yohio got overshadowed even by the remarkably talentless vocalist from his old band from years back. As fan of empirical research every time I meet swedes either in sweden or abroad I ask if they've heard of him, and sometimes it might even take a while for them to go "oh yeah that guy" without really having an opinion about it either which way. He used to perform to pretty big audiences and it's not even that long ago. Now that's a poetic ending befitting the western vk saga that I can fully stand behind of. Like shit, it is nothing short of impressive that after having all the cards in his hand, he somehow managed to get no project get off the ground starting from his girlband to his label and then finally DISREIGN's Japan conquest that arguably didn't even deserve to die the way that it did, because I liked them.

Well even if the music thing isn't working out, he's probably still allowed to MiA's gaijin zoo where all these white idiots are drinking away their parents money while looking for 50 year old gya to sell themselves to. 

rest in infamy scandinavia kei 200? - 2018 with only myself as a huge fan of cringe left to mourn its memory