Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

マキシマム ザ ホルモン(Maximum the hormone) will go on hiatus

26 minutes ago, Wicked Teletubby said:

what IS the joke though?

anyone kind enough to explain?

nice song and vid BTW.

The joke is that the whole song is about VAP (which anyone watching it for the first time would think they were still signed to), but at the end they announce that they signed with Warner Music Japan and they'll release their first single with them in November.

Edited by violetchain

I hope the upcoming single has more oomph, i get that this is a joke song/mv but it's been so long since they released anything. I need more than a joke!

4 minutes ago, Saishu said:

You didn’t like Yoshu Fukushu?

I mean, huh?

26 minutes ago, violetchain said:

The joke is that the whole song is about VAP (which anyone watching it for the first time would think they were still signed to), but at the end they announce that they signed with Warner Music Japan and they'll release their first single with them in November.

ohhhh. now that I read this, it sounds easy to understand. thank you.

^ Not for the most part... To me MTH was at their best when they did shorter songs, so from "Mimi kajiru" till "Rokkinpo goroshi" basically. The odd one out is "Buikikaesu" which has longer tracks but still has that 'zing' that I like about the previous stuff. Anything afterwards was okay but I never had the urge to revisit them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, hoping Daisuke will get better soon~

It's not a hernia, it's a herniated disc in his neck. Much more severe. And damn, did Ryo lose a ton of weight. Good for him.

-----

From Arama Japan:

Earlier this week, popular metal band MAXIMUM THE HORMONE announced that they would be suspending their live activities while member Daisuke-han receives surgery for a severe herniated disc.  Scarcely a day later, the group have chosen to upload a music video for track “Haikei VAP-dono”, or more simply “VAP” – their first new song in over five years.

One of the more lighthearted entries into the band’s catalog, “Haikei VAP-dono” is notably sung almost entirely in a strange language the group have claimed originates from “Planet Ryo” – as only singer/guitarist Ryo Kawakita seems to be able to understand what it means.  As best can be gathered, the track appears to be suggesting that the group will be transferring labels from VAP – whom they have been with since going major back in 2004 – to Warner Music Japan, and intend to release new material in November (or sometime close to that).

You’ll find the festive music video for “Haikei VAP-dono” below, and look forward to additional information about MAXIMUM THE HORMONE’s upcoming activities as it is made available.

----

This live video clip just got uploaded to Youtube again. It'll probably be taken down in days, so enjoy. Great live show, INSANE audience

Edited by Traxan

They have just uploaded a new clip called  『maximum the hormoneⅡ~これからの麺カタコッテリの話をしよう~』Maximum the Hormone II -korekara no Menkatta Cottelee no hanashi o shiyou)

"Awaited 2nd brand new music video, “Maximum the Hormone II -Let’s Talk about Menkata Cottelee-” was released on MTH official YouTube channel. Maximum the Ryokun was diagnosed as complication of lifestyle-related diseases and warned that he was going to die if he wouldn’t change his lifestyle by a medical doctor. So Maximum the Ryokun started diet and exercise, lost weight and got well. Fans were totally shocked by his lean body and have been complaining “We liked him FAAAAAT!!” Yes, this is the answer song to such fans. What does the subtitle which is the same as the title of the next release item mean? This song was composed as “Part II” of the song, “Maximum the Hormone” released 7 and a half years ago. How will the next stage of MTH who have had the belief of “Menkata Cottelee” be?! Will head banging and growling be unsealed?! Maximum the Hormone 2nd brand new music video dedicated to all the gouty people (calorie mates)! Eat it with your eyes and ears!! *Maximum the Ryokun would like to ask a favor. Please do not spread screenshots of the video through SNS such as twitter and instagram for a while. He doesn’t want you to be spoilers. *If the access to the video gets too concentrated, you might not be able to watch it properly. In that case, please wait for a while and try it again later."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC-wDpwzEt4

"Youtube does not allow embedding of that video"...

46520048_1995813553835214_51305090311729

Edited by The Piass

Sign in to follow this