Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

cali≠gari will release an album called 「14」

On 2018.12.12, their new album 「14」 will be released !

A tour to celebrate their 25th anniversary (1993-2019) will begin on 2019.01.14 and will last untill 2019.03.23 at 中野サンプラザホール(Nakano Sun Plaza)

The tour is called "TOUR 14 -The time is out of joint-" while the final live of this tour is called " -I've come a long way since those old days-".

Dm0KuvdUwAAQ-Cr.jpg

Edited by The Piass

Expected it not to come out until 2019, so this is nice. Hope it'll actually have 14 tracks and no interludes tho 

On 9/11/2018 at 5:23 PM, Tokage said:

Expected it not to come out until 2019, so this is nice. Hope it'll actually have 14 tracks and no interludes tho 

Honestly, I expected that too. And "Isn't this a bit too fast?" crossed my mind as well. Still, can't wait for new music of this band! 

The album will contain 10 tracks and will be released in 3 types. Here are the details:

- "Kyoushin-ban": CD + DVD (2 MVs) + M-Card (containing album audio and the DVD contents) in a deluxe packaging

- "Graph-ban": 100-page photobook + M-Card (containing high-quality album audio and the DVD contents)

- "Ryoushin-ban": CD + M-Card (containing album audio)

The extra special bonus, however, is that all the types will include a voucher which you can exchange on the band's upcoming 2019 tour for.......... a new re-recording mini album titled "0" which contains some super old-school songs! (To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the band's formation.) Namely:

01. 禁色 (Kinjiki)
02. IF
03. 人形の家 (Ningyou no ie)
04. 狂イ月夜 (Kurui tsukiyo)
05 .LOVE FOR YOU

Also DAMMIT, at first I thought the mini album itself would be included with the album, but guess not... well, there goes my chances of hearing it 'legally'. ;(((

Edited by Jigsaw9

'audio' vs 'high quality audio'? 

damn, better bring out the laptop speakers / shitty car speakers again, everyone

4 minutes ago, Tokage said:

'audio' vs 'high quality audio'? 

damn, better bring out the laptop speakers / shitty car speakers again, everyone

The official info put it as "high-resolution audio source" (ハイレゾ音源) as opposed to "CD audio source" (CD音源), so not sure how that differs.

Also fair warning: it looks like the photobook edition does not come with an actual CD, only with this M-Card thingie which looks like it's some kind of Japan-only card that can be scanned with a cellphone, similar to a QR code that takes you to download various contents (if I understand it right). So there's a chance it might not work for us gaijin peasants, but I'm not too up-to-date with mobile technologies, so idk rly, lol.

Edited by Jigsaw9

also

> album is called '14'

> only 10 tracks

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm so here for this. 13 was legit amazing. Hard to believe these guys have been going 25 years, they just seem to keep getting better and better.

18 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

The album will contain 10 tracks and will be released in 3 types. Here are the details:

- "Kyoushin-ban": CD + DVD (2 MVs) + M-Card (containing album audio and the DVD contents) in a deluxe packaging

- "Graph-ban": 100-page photobook + M-Card (containing high-quality album audio and the DVD contents)

- "Ryoushin-ban": CD + M-Card (containing album audio)

The extra special bonus, however, is that all the types will include a voucher which you can exchange on the band's upcoming 2019 tour for.......... a new re-recording mini album titled "0" which contains some super old-school songs! (To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the band's formation.) Namely:

01. 禁色 (Kinjiki)
02. IF
03. 人形の家 (Ningyou no ie)
04. 狂イ月夜 (Kurui tsukiyo)
05 .LOVE FOR YOU

Also DAMMIT, at first I thought the mini album itself would be included with the album, but guess not... well, there goes my chances of hearing it 'legally'. ;(((

Thanks for the info, Jigsaw9! But checking out the original link:

http://vif-music.com/2018/10/10/caligari-33/

3形態共にガリスト的マストアイテムなミニアルバム〝0〟のCD引換券付き!!

That seems to mean you have to have vouchers from ALL THREE versions in order to exchange for the CD? If so, that's really hard to stomach...

Edited by sads123

3 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

^ Thanks for clarifying! Yikes...

Plain ol' regular edition for me then. :D

So I was right...? Damn, I already have plans to attend the tour final but there's no way I'm going to spend 14000 yen to get the same 3 albums, esp when one of it is useless to me (as someone who doesn't live in Japan). Though I figured that might be the going price for that '0' album on yahoo auctions in future.

And I found no mention of '狂イ月夜' in cali gari's discography; is it a new song made with their 1st incarnation in mind? Or maybe its some super rare song that my googling skills failed to find?

^ To tell you the truth, I honestly don't know cuz I don't know any Japanese, but getting 3 types of a release to obtain some extra shizz doesn't sound too far off from being reality, so... yeahhhh.

I haven't found any trace of 狂イ月夜 either so I'm assuming it's either some old-old song idea they just recorded now or possibly one of their early tracks with a different title.

Well, if the collective strength of Monochrome Heaven is willing to bless me with those 3 vouchers from all 3 versions, I'll get the '0' album when I attend the tour final and share it here or PM to those who contributed/want it hahaha

Provided it's not out of stock though; I attended the 2nd day of XA-VAT's comeback reunion in July and the CD's sold out. There's even a sign stating that 1 person can buy only 1 at most so there must be alot of people buying a couple on the 1st day zzzzzzzzzzz 

Edited by sads123

On 10/12/2018 at 1:29 AM, Jigsaw9 said:

^ To tell you the truth, I honestly don't know cuz I don't know any Japanese, but getting 3 types of a release to obtain some extra shizz doesn't sound too far off from being reality, so... yeahhhh.

I haven't found any trace of 狂イ月夜 either so I'm assuming it's either some old-old song idea they just recorded now or possibly one of their early tracks with a different title.

According to this:

https://www.kyakusitsu.com/msp/content1/?&no=JeV0SNFHsCfGsd3SSPSgc2C

It’s re-recording the demo tape and unreleased song

It also said that 狂イ月夜 will change to 悪夢 if they unable to find the original lyrics 

Edited by deadman

8 hours ago, deadman said:

It’s re-recording the demo tape and unreleased song

It also said that 狂イ月夜 will change to 悪夢 if they unable to find the original lyrics 

Wut, can't they hear what they were singing on the demo tape?

8 hours ago, deadman said:

Haha, brilliant. xD Also, thanks for the translation!

The album has been pushed back to 2018.12.19 or 2019.01.14.

Kyôshin-ban and Ryôshin-ban will be released on 2018.12.19 while graph-ban will be released on 2019.01.14.

The covers will be drawn by 寺田克也(Terada Kastuya)

Dr9HPLUWwAEVitk?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by The Piass

Sign in to follow this