Sign in to follow this  
suji

MASK performance delayed due to Gt.Michiru's illness + last live in 2020

MASK, who had recently restarted live activities, were supposed to celebrate their 15th anniversary this year. However, that's been postponed as guitarist and leader Michiru had fallen ill on March 5. However, the performance has been moved to March 3, 2019 at Tsutaya O-EAST.

As for Michiru, he had gotten so sick that he collapsed and went into a coma for three days, nearly dying as a result. Thankfully, he survived, and he talks about it in this interview here. In summary, he had been hospitalized for three months due to an undisclosed illness which Michiru describes as "rare and hard to treat", and he is still continuing treatment and regaining his physical strength.

what the fuck is it with vk musicians and rare illnesses? 

anyway, hopefully the dude will make it through, but if the survival rate is so low, will there even be a chance of recovering enough to resume band activities? it must be something serious

1 minute ago, Tokage said:

what the fuck is it with vk musicians and rare illnesses? 

anyway, hopefully the dude will make it through, but if the survival rate is so low, will there even be a chance of recovering enough to resume band activities? it must be something serious

From what I read, he kept on playing the guitar while he was doing re-education. He said that his fingers were rather responsive despite the paralysis which followed the coma.

Of course, he is still uncertain whether his body will hold or not. His sickness can strike anytime.

MASK held their 15th anniversary live at TSUTAYA O-EAST on March 3, and Michiru is looking good!

[setlist]

-MASK 1st lineup-

1.お通しパレード

2.Gemini

3.赤裸々ノイローゼ

4.赫い盲目

5.ためらい自殺信号

6.東京トリックシアター

7.XxxXマスター

8.色鬼

-MASK 2nd lineup-

1.WE ARE MASKER

2.優しい嘘

3.Boys be ambitious

4.世の中の日常で頻繁に起こる今ではごく当たり前とされている出来事

5.ドラマ

6.C

7.会いたくて

8.求めたゆえに残ったもの

9.Live is my life

10.ローズマリー

11.未来への翼

-ENCORE-

12.桜

13.空

Full live report

D1gllH4U8AEgBPZ.jpg

D1glnlpVAAETqiD.jpg

D1gloISV4AAwvib.jpg

I think Michiru has been discharged from the hospital today...

I've been following his tweets all this time which have helped me practise my poor Japanese and I think he can go home now.

I wish he would reveal what condition he suffers(ed) from.

Edited by seikun

featured artists:

7/24

MASK (AOI lineup)

SCISSOR (Tsunehito will participate in both lives!!)

Crack6

Alice in Menswear

Dasein

D

Liphlich

神姫バンド(kamihime band) [Vo.みく (miku) (An Cafe)/Gt.未散 (Michiru) (Mask)/Gt.Ruiza (D)/Ba.KISAKI/Dr.HIROKI (D) + mascot ぶいにゃす (Buinyasu)]

7/25

MASK (JIN lineup)

SCISSOR

Zip.er

雪見だいふくの中身になりたい人生だった (Yukimi Daifuku no Nakami ni Naritai Jinsei Datta)

未散プロジェクト (Michiru Project) (Vo.沙理乃 (sarino)/Gt.未散 (michiru)/Gt.英蔵 (hidezou) (D)/Ba.竹田和彦 (takeda kazuhiko/Kazutake) (LIPHLICH)/Dr.大城 (hiroki) (D))

ループSPセッション (Loop Special Session) (Vo.カイ (Kai) (ALiBi) (UNITE vo.Yui)/Gt.nono (CHOKE)/Gt.masato(ex.SuG)/Dr.菜斗華 (natsuka) (ex.マルサ (marusa)) + more)

ν[NEU]

メロ (mello)

団長 (Danchou) (NoGod) (MC)

PENICILLIN

Sign in to follow this