ghost

Film and show Soundtracks

There's kind of a thread like this already, but for video games. Are there any people here that are into film soundtracks and scores? I'm talking about original music, not music from other bands used in a film or show. Let's talk about them!  Some of my favorites are:

Akira

Highlights

Battle against clown / Dolls' polyphony / Exodus From the Underground Fortress / Requiem

Mary and the Witch's Flower

Highlights

Mary's Theme / Help of Mary / Magic Science / Essence of the Spell

Inuyasha

Too many songs to go through 

Over the Garden Wall

Highlights

Into the Unknown / Patient is the Night / Ms Langtree's Lament / Send Me A Peach

Turbo Kid

Highlights

Wasteland / Highway 64 / Tequila Sunrise / 58 Minutes Pour vivre 

ME! ME!

Though none of the OST that i like are japanese for example my fav movie soundtrack is of 'titanic' movie.

When i was a kid of around 10 i guess? for some reason that movie used to repeat a lot on tv at my place.Now whenever i hear the ost of titanic,all those childhood  memories fills me up with nostalgia...its a bittersweet experience.The sad feeling of realizing that,that great time has passed and will never come back but also the happy feeling that,that past was so good.mmmmm.....

Edited by FOSCOR70

I'm a huge sucker for Traditional Japanese music, and the Inuyasha soundtrack really hits me. They made sure to represent the Sengoku era very well, with instruments like the Koto and Biwa used in Kikyo no Kokoro, or the Nohkan flute used in Sesshomaru's theme.  The overall orchestration really reminds me of film soundtracks from the late 70's and 80's.

Just leaving this here - one of the most iconic songs from what is quite likely the greatest television soundtrack of all time (in my opinion). 

I've always loved the soundtracks of the anime series' Noir and Haibane Renmei. For non-anime I always go back to the Drive soundtrack.

Edited by Paraph

6 hours ago, Paraph said:

I've always loved the soundtracks of the anime series' Noir and Haibane Renmei. For non-anime I always go back to the Drive soundtrack.

Agree with you there about Haibane's music. It was one of the first anime CDs I bought. Still listen to it to this day.

As for other anime music, it's already been mentioned but I always dig Inuyasha music. Love the traditional instrumentals utilized. Also enjoy listening to Akatsuki no Yona's music, too, as they also use traditional Asian instruments.

Edited by monkeybanana4