The Piass

己龍(Kiryu) new album「転生輪廻」release

Mitsuki having a vocal role? My body is ready!

I think the only time he ever did vocals for a Kiryu song was the screams for Oboro, if I'm correct? I could be wrong

Omg that’s dope

that kagome kagome melody at the end ❤️ 

love it 

When I first heard it I thought it sounds a bit like the old songs 

vocals are brilliant as always

Finally a song which seems at least a bit promising. I can actually HEAR THE GUITARS in the mix. Now if only the entirety of drummers would stop using that slut "blast beat" so often, that'd be great.

Edited by 123Sandman321

9 hours ago, AimiGen7 said:

Mitsuki having a vocal role? My body is ready!

I think the only time he ever did vocals for a Kiryu song was the screams for Oboro, if I'm correct? I could be wrong

Nop, he does the rap in 雪月花 as well.

DAMN HOW CAN A BAND REPEAT THE SAME SONG OVER AND OVER AND STILL GOOD AS HELL? 

I just love them too much

This preview ... I don't know ... It's nice ...but I am not like this.

I  wait the full version for to give my opinion.

Edited by Miku70

Well,i liked the blast beats and it's impressive how they still capable to come up with original riffs after all this time releasing constantly. 

BUT again,I despise the keyboards, to me they are unnecessary,they are always competing with the volume of the guitars, however that piano in the end was nice. Ready for Shuka Ensen 2.0

Here's the tracklist (kanji readings are speculative)

01. 吊 (Tsurushi; Hanging)
02. 無垢 (Muku; Purity)
03. 朧月夜 (Oborotzuki-yo; Hazy Night)
04. 歪* (Ibitsu; Distortion)
05. 反芻 (Hansuu; Rumination)
06. 転生輪廻 (Tenshou Rinne; The Circle Of Transmigration)
07. 私ハ傀儡、猿轡ノ人形 (Watashi Wa Kairai, Sarugutsuwa no Ningyou; I'm A Puppet, A Gagged-up Doll)
08. 婆娑羅* (Basara; Self-Indulgence)
09. 野箆坊 (Nopperabou; Perfectly Flat)
10. 月下美人 (Gekkabijin; Cereus Of Night)
11. 春時雨 (Harushigure; April Showers)
12. 情ノ華 (Jou No Ka; Flower Of Feels)
13. 黒闇ニ惑ウ絵空事 (Kuroyami Ni Madou Esoragoto; Perplexing Pipe Dreams In The Blackness)

*TYPE C bonus track

This album includes SIX singles, only five to seven songs are new! Also, I'm surprised they didn't make up any words for track titles, that used to be their thing

Artwork

8120Im3V+jL.jpg

81X-RSRppaL.jpg    81IUivngrtL.jpg

TYPE A - bottom left

TYPE B - bottom right

TYPE C - top

I'll reserve judgement on the tracklist until I see how well it flows, but I agree, five is way too many singles. That is some really sick artwork though, easily my favorite they've done so far.

I'm kinda disappointed cuz there's so few new songs.... There's Gekka and Watashi wa Kairai in the Best Album already, so we don't need really it for a 3rd time... lol

Well, still the most exciting release for this month! Can't wait!

The art is so fuckn awesome

2 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Wasn't Gekka an animu opening? They're probably banking on some unsuspecting person to be like "oh, I know that song!!!" and buy this album.

No, it's "Jou no ka". But that's it.

i think it is a good thing having all the singles together in this Album, cuz let's be honest,who's visiting their past singles? I don't remember a single note from any of the releases between the last album,they could be completely forgotten if weren't added to this album,so at least for me, it will be a good chance to enjoy these singles properly in a full length.

Let's hope all of them flow well...

( Killer artwork !!!)

Edited by Manji 卍

反芻 sounds really good, and so does the title track preview! On both of these songs, production sounds much better, they seem to be toning down the background "instruments," and the guitar melodies are in the forefront as they should be. For most of the singles on this album, I really hated how the synth arrangements dominated the songs and guitars were mostly in the background, sometimes inaudible. These videos though, they're giving me hope that this will be a solid album.

I'm not expecting it, but I really hope they remix the singles, maybe even re-record a few, especially 月下美人. But I wouldn't hold my breath, re-recording singles for an album does not appear to be in the BP Records formula. But if they want this album to feel like an album that flows nicely and not just a last minute compilation with a mini-album thrown in, they'll have to make adjustments to the older songs!

that cover art is absolutely AWESOME, anyone know who did it?

the songs just seem like standard by the numbers kiryu at this point sadly, their gimmick is kind of starting to grow stale for me